Majestic: Landfall Canon flaw?

First off. Awesome map. Now I thought I heard some 343 member say that landfall is an historic covenant human war battle. How can that be if the lights on the covenant ships are green in halo 4. (Presumably the storm covenant) and the lights in previous halos are blue/ white

Halo 3 takes place within the same year as Halo 1 yet the forerunner started using more advanced designs and stopped using painted/engraved surfaces within that time.

It’s called aesthetic changes. Not really relevant to canon.

Budget cuts. That is really all I can say in this scenario.

> Halo 3 takes place within the same year as Halo 1 yet the forerunner started using more advanced designs and stopped using painted/engraved surfaces within that time.
>
> It’s called aesthetic changes. Not really relevant to canon.

It’s actually not an aesthetic change this time around. The blue-lit cruisers were CCS-Battle Cruisers, the green-lit ones are CRS-Light Cruisers, they are different ships, but I have no idea if they are only used by the Storm Covies. Also, Halo 3 was not set in 2552, it was 2553.

Point still stands, both games were roughly the same time frame yet had completely different art styles.

I did not know they were different ships though.

It just annoys me when people rely on art style differences to prove canon is broken when every game undergoes art style changes at one point or another.

Actually, we don’t know if all Covies used purple.

The Elite Sepratists in Halo 3 had green phantoms.

There could have been a specialized fleet that used green lights, a look the Storm adopted or actually took those ships.

And also, remember these aren’t entirely canon, the maps. They are simulations based on real visited locations.

The Cartographers that work on War Games Simulated Environments (canonically) could have rendered the Covenant ships with green because that is the most recent model they’ve seen. Perhaps to not make future scenarios confusing. For what they know, green=bad Storm Covenant. The others could still use purple.

> Point still stands, both games were roughly the same time frame yet had completely different art styles.
>
> I did not know they were different ships though.
>
> It just annoys me when people rely on art style differences to prove canon is broken when every game undergoes art style changes at one point or another.

I have to say, though it may be a bit off topic, stuff like the Jackals and Grunts are pretty jarring. I can buy the explanation that they are both different subspecies of their species…but it’s never touched on. I get changing a few things artistically, but there comes a point where it becomes silly.

> Point still stands, both games were roughly the same time frame yet had completely different art styles.
>
> I did not know they were different ships though.
>
> <mark>It just annoys me when people rely on art style differences to prove canon is broken when every game undergoes art style changes at one point or another.</mark>

Whats even worse is when they try to explain it. Nanotechnology changed cheif’s new suit? Really? Some questions are just better left unanswered. :confused:

I think the safest thing to say is that this is a simulation