Main menu

I would love to see the main menu in Halo 3 style.
If the gameplay and campaign is top quality of what a Halo game should have, it would be epic to have that Halo 3 nostalgia booting up Halo Infinite.
What do you think?
new and fresh or something familiar?
I always loved HCE-3 main menus.
They were so blue and to me, that made the game 50% more dark and tragic as it should be.

And one more thing: to me blue is the perfect colour for a game like Halo. Like that colour on the main menu in Halo 3, it just makes me feel like I’m about to play a game that is full of tragedy but still, there is hope left.
And by that, I mean full blue colour, nothing else. Just blue.

I think everyone is ready for something new at this point. MCC is tired, Halo 5 is tired… we’ve dealt with rehashed content for so long that people have started to forget what it feels like to have brand new Halo content. No callbacks, no remixes.

the last thing the game needs is more nostalgia imo

> 2533274874690673;1:
> I would love to see the main menu in Halo 3 style.
> If the gameplay and campaign is top quality of what a Halo game should have, it would be epic to have that Halo 3 nostalgia booting up Halo Infinite.
> What do you think?
> new and fresh or something familiar?
> I always loved HCE-3 main menus.
> They were so blue and to me, that made the game 50% more dark and tragic as it should be.

Yea, that blue, made everything so… special. And the music needs to be spectacular. Halo infinite music seems to be awesome for now.

I didn’t get the same feelings with Reach, Halo 4 or 5 that I got with Halo 3’s menu. The movement, the sky, everything in blue… And the music. God, it just feels incredible. Even the choir in Halo 3 is the best one in my opinion. It just gives me chills. If Halo Infinite has something similar, it will be a 10/10.

> 2533274840624875;4:
> the last thing the game needs is more nostalgia imo

The last thing the game needs?
Bruh, we were lucky we got the original covenant and master chief design back together with the new design.
Plus many original Halo weapon designs are missing.
It’s all very possible to mix modern and classic design.

> 2533274874690673;7:
> > 2533274840624875;4:
> > the last thing the game needs is more nostalgia imo
>
> The last thing the game needs?
> Bruh, we were lucky we got the original covenant and master chief design back together with the new design.
> Plus many original Halo weapon designs are missing.
> It’s all very possible to mix modern and classic design.

there is a ton of nostalgia at play in infinite. At the end of the day, much of infinite reverting back to the OG designs, sounds, music, etc are all directly pulling from nostalgic feelings. Yes many of these things have a slight twist to them but an outright change to an old UI is just unneeded. Pulling from aspects of those UI designs sure, but using anything but a new one seems like a waste.

Whats gonna happen is we are gonna get the normal Halo main menu with music playing and some background that moves. Prob gonna be a halo ring. Id prefer something brand new but whatever.

> 2533274870624410;6:
> I didn’t get the same feelings with Reach, Halo 4 or 5 that I got with Halo 3’s menu. The movement, the sky, everything in blue… And the music. God, it just feels incredible. Even the choir in Halo 3 is the best one in my opinion. It just gives me chills. If Halo Infinite has something similar, it will be a 10/10.

We still got floaty grunt in H5 menu, so that has to count for something.