Main Criticisms so Far

These are all of my criticisms after a few hours of playing. I’m only listed criticisms for the time being, so assume that I am happy with everything else in the game if I haven’t explicitly mentioned it below. Some examples are the return to the old art style and movement of previous titles. This game feels like what Halo 4 should have been.
I’m on PC with a 3070, 9900KF and the game installed on an NVME drive.

Concerns:

• My main issue is that we cannot set our own armour colours. I welcome the addition of the patterns which can be unlocked through the battlepass etc., but an inability to choose one’s colour is a big gripe for me given that it’s a staple in the franchise. - I think the visibility of shields popping needs to be more pronounced and stylistically more similar to previous Halo titles. - The AR likely needs to have more spread at longer ranges or some form of range decrease and the pistol should become less accurate when fired very quickly at range also. - EDIT: Not sure how the radar worked for Halo 5, but in this it’s based on shooting rather than movement. I think the enemy radar dots should appear when the enemy is moving as has been the case for all other Halo titles. - EDIT: Would also be nice to have the option of both hold to zoom and press to zoom like previous titles. e.g. I want to be able to press to zoom and then be able to hold for the second level of zoom on the sniper. - EDIT: Would also like to see an option to have a lowered reticle, similar to all previous Halo titles.Bugs:

• Fireteam colours don’t seem to be showing. I’m queuing with a friend, and he shows as my team colour rather than the fireteam colour that I’ve set. - Cannot set a push-to-talk key or the game crashes (bug report already submitted). - EDIT: Also cannot rebind the scoreboard after it mysteriously became unbound. - FOV seems to reset on restart (has happened twice but not sure if it’s happening consistently) - EDIT: Despite having voice disabled, that setting doesn’t work after a restart until toggled off again. - EDIT: Other audio settings such as main menu music revert to their initial volume after reset also, and need to be re-toggled to change back to desired values. - EDIT: Had all of my keybinds reset just now too… I also have to close out of the game if I get kicked from a game due to inactivity.Performance:

• Game doesn’t seem to utilise more than 20-30% of my GPU regardless of graphics settings. - Sluggish and tends to stutter with everything preset to high or ultra, medium and low are both fine. - Have yet to test specific settings, but I can’t get anything beyond 90 FPS on low, which is very low for my system given what more demanding titles can achieve.Suggestions:

• EDIT: May also be worth decreasing the time it takes to deploy the cover too, so that it is more reactive than pre-emptive.I will update this with more information as the flight progresses.

I haven’t been invited to the Technical Test but double check your drivers are updated, I’ve seen a few comments about a link to some compatible drivers for Infinite (Not sure if this is for AMD or NVIDIA) But always double check anyways! From the gameplay I’ve watched It does seem the AR spread has been decreased but also promotes people to burst fire it and not hold it down, Holding it down should decrease over all range and accuracy burst firing it should be rewarded In my opinion. Pistol’s since 4 have been super powerful I do feel like they need a little nerf, Rapid fire pistol with very good damage and barely any bloom? Sounds like a issue to me. Hope you’re enjoying the game regardless!

> 2533274850451161;1:
> These are all of my criticisms after a few hours of playing.
> I’m on PC with a 3070, 9900KF and the game installed on an NVME drive.
>
> Concerns:
> - My main issue is that we cannot set our own armour colours. I welcome the addition of the patterns which can be unlocked through the battlepass etc., but an inability to choose one’s colour is a big gripe for me given that it’s a staple in the franchise. - I think the visibility of shields popping needs to be more pronounced and stylistically more similar to previous Halo titles. - The AR likely needs to have more spread at longer ranges or some form of range decrease and the pistol should become less accurate when fired very quickly at range also.Bugs:
> - Fireteam colours don’t seem to be showing. I’m queuing with a friend, and he shows as my team colour rather than the fireteam colour that I’ve set. - Cannot set a push-to-talk key or the game crashes (bug report already submitted). - EDIT: Also cannot rebind the scoreboard after it mysteriously became unbound. - FOV seems to reset on restart (has happened twice but not sure if it’s happening consistently) - EDIT: Despite having voice disabled, that setting doesn’t work after a restart until toggled off again. - EDIT: Other audio settings such as main menu music revert to their initial volume after reset also, and need to be re-toggled to change back to desired values.Performance:
> - Game doesn’t seem to utilise more than 20-30% of my GPU regardless of graphics settings. - Sluggish and tends to stutter with everything preset to high or ultra, medium and low are both fine. - Have yet to test specific settings, but I can’t get anything beyond 90 FPS on low, which is very low for my system given what more demanding titles can achieve.I will update this with more information as the flight progresses.

I’ve had the same issue with the FOV slider, I have also found that the minimum FPS setting drastically reduced my performance, upping it to my monitors frame rate seemed to fix the issue for me, running a 75Hz monitor

> 2533274928572671;3:
> > 2533274850451161;1:
> > These are all of my criticisms after a few hours of playing.
> > I’m on PC with a 3070, 9900KF and the game installed on an NVME drive.
> >
> > Concerns:
> > - My main issue is that we cannot set our own armour colours. I welcome the addition of the patterns which can be unlocked through the battlepass etc., but an inability to choose one’s colour is a big gripe for me given that it’s a staple in the franchise. - I think the visibility of shields popping needs to be more pronounced and stylistically more similar to previous Halo titles. - The AR likely needs to have more spread at longer ranges or some form of range decrease and the pistol should become less accurate when fired very quickly at range also.Bugs:
> > - Fireteam colours don’t seem to be showing. I’m queuing with a friend, and he shows as my team colour rather than the fireteam colour that I’ve set. - Cannot set a push-to-talk key or the game crashes (bug report already submitted). - EDIT: Also cannot rebind the scoreboard after it mysteriously became unbound. - FOV seems to reset on restart (has happened twice but not sure if it’s happening consistently) - EDIT: Despite having voice disabled, that setting doesn’t work after a restart until toggled off again. - EDIT: Other audio settings such as main menu music revert to their initial volume after reset also, and need to be re-toggled to change back to desired values.Performance:
> > - Game doesn’t seem to utilise more than 20-30% of my GPU regardless of graphics settings. - Sluggish and tends to stutter with everything preset to high or ultra, medium and low are both fine. - Have yet to test specific settings, but I can’t get anything beyond 90 FPS on low, which is very low for my system given what more demanding titles can achieve.I will update this with more information as the flight progresses.
>
> I’ve had the same issue with the FOV slider, I have also found that the minimum FPS setting drastically reduced my performance, upping it to my monitors frame rate seemed to fix the issue for me, running a 75Hz monitor

I’m actually after having this happen with all my keybinds now as well which is a shame.