Magnun way overpowered

I know what you’re going to say “This has been said time and time again we don’t need another thread”, I don’t care.

I agree with almost everything the TU introduced, the reduced bloom on the DMR, bleedtrough, AL, etc. those changes were great. However, the pistol is overpowered, its illogical that a sidearm would deal more damage than an precision rifle (DMR). I understand people are nostalgic and are unable to adapt to Reach (They want H2, H3, etc). Well, thing is, this is Reach and not a previous game, as such changes will occur. You cant just go and make the pistol that powerful without balancing it out properly, it breaks the game mechanics. Plus, the pistol’s bloom makes it incredibly unreliable; I’ve fired shots with the reticule dead center on the guys head and it misses, while I’ve fired inches away and its a headshot.

Something seriously needs to be done about this.

> I know what you’re going to say “This has been said time and time again we don’t need another thread”, I don’t care.
>
> I agree with almost everything the TU introduced, the reduced bloom on the DMR, bleedtrough, AL, etc. those changes were great. However, the pistol is overpowered, its illogical that a sidearm would deal more damage than an precision rifle (DMR). I understand people are nostalgic and are unable to adapt to Reach (They want H2, H3, etc). Well, thing is, this is Reach and not a previous game, as such changes will occur. You cant just go and make the pistol that powerful without balancing it out properly, it breaks the game mechanics. Plus, the pistol’s bloom makes it incredibly unreliable; I’ve fired shots with the reticule dead center on the guys head and it misses, while I’ve fired inches away and its a headshot.
>
> Something seriously needs to be done about this.

If the TU is actually applied to all playlists, I feel like the Pistol should have a slightly slower Bloom rate than the DMR, or not have a bullet bleedthough with headshots, making them a 4sk weapon.

I’ve played the anniversary playlists and i had no issues with the magnum. 343 were trying to make the 3 shot magnum feel familiar for people who have played split screen with their friends. However they did change the fire rate on the magnum if you play a anniversary gametype. and again I think they were trying to make it as close as the Halo 1 pistol as they could. and honestly in my opinion, they did a good job on it with the exception with the bloom on the magnum if you try to rapid fire.

> “This has been said time and time again we don’t need another thread”

There is always gonna be a problem isn’t there?

> I know what you’re going to say “This has been said time and time again we don’t need another thread”, I don’t care.
>
> I agree with almost everything the TU introduced, the reduced bloom on the DMR, bleedtrough, AL, etc. those changes were great. However, the pistol is overpowered, its illogical that a sidearm would deal more damage than an precision rifle (DMR). I understand people are nostalgic and are unable to adapt to Reach (They want H2, H3, etc). Well, thing is, this is Reach and not a previous game, as such changes will occur. You cant just go and make the pistol that powerful without balancing it out properly, it breaks the game mechanics. Plus, the pistol’s bloom makes it incredibly unreliable; I’ve fired shots with the reticule dead center on the guys head and it misses, while I’ve fired inches away and its a headshot.
>

I think people who have been slaughtered by the Pistol automatically assume its OverPowered. I guess they prefer the DMR to be the only dominant weapon, no one ever says its OP since its easy to use. But the Pistol takes a little more practice and when they cant use it properly they blame the game itself instead of taking responsibilities.
The Pistol if perfect the way it is on ZB-TU. I use a DMR for pistol users and switch to pistol for DMR users so to me it balances out. Plus its a great way to kill Sword/Shotty campers too.

When I get owned by a Pistol wielder I dont say “man this is the games fault” NO I say “D@mn that guy just owned me” cause like him/her I too have the exact same Pistol and equal opportunity to kill them just as fast. I hope 343i leave the ZB Pistol the way it is now,…but something tells me its going to be lame after the TU finalization cause there’s so many whiners.

> its illogical that a sidearm would deal more damage than an precision rifle (DMR).

Not necessarily, given the ammo that both firearms carry. The M6G Pistol carries semi-armor piercing, high explosive rounds from a canon perspective.

> I understand people are nostalgic and are unable to adapt to Reach (They want H2, H3, etc).

It has nothing to do with nostalgia. The pistol has been a stable and equally powerful weapon (excluding Halo: CE) throughout Halo 2, 3, and Reach. The 85% pistol is fairly balanced, and the 3SK CEA pistol is nearly like it was in the olden days. You’re complaining about how overpowered the pistol is (when it isn’t and there’s multiple balances for it) and you’re telling us to “adapt”?

> You cant just go and make the pistol that powerful without balancing it out properly, it breaks the game mechanics.

Not really. There’s plenty of weapons and strategies that EASILY counterbalance the pistols damage and high rate of fire.

> Plus, the pistol’s bloom makes it incredibly unreliable; I’ve fired shots with the reticule dead center on the guys head and it misses, while I’ve fired inches away and its a headshot.

So… you’re saying it’s incredibly overpowered, but highly inaccurate? Yes, yes it is inaccurate at mid-long range. That’s one of the ways they balance the weapon. Your statement contradicts yourself.

Not really, it seems like you’re angry because you’ve become frustrated in matchmaking, likely because you’ve been killed with the pistol multiple times and you have yet to figure out how to use it properly. I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that Reach was/is the first Halo game you’ve picked up.

As an added note, it’s a Pistol, not a Magnum. And you spelled “Magnum” wrong in the thread’s title.

I think that the removal of bleedthrough on bullets should be disabled

welcome to halo

Here’s my two cents: God Pistol in Anniversary Classic Gametypes Fine. God Pistol in Any Other Gametype…BAD!!! TAKE IT OUT!!!

I want Anniversary Non Classic and Anniversary Classic

If I want to get one or even 3 shotted in Halo I’ll play Snippers or Swat! And H&*# no to that!

This is Not COD or Battlefield people!