Magnums in Team Snipers?

Hello everyone. I was playing some team snipers today and kept running into people who just run around with their magnum out and try to do the melee headshot combo. It just seems wrong that there is other weapons in team snipers that have range and accuracy other than the sniper rifle. Snipers pro only gets voted about half the time and it would be really nice if we could get these out of team snipers.

It’s Halo 3 all over again. I honestly don’t see the logic behind adding a (more powerful) magnum into it when Halo 3s was abused so much before they removed it. Melee isn’t really something that can be dealt with. If you end up close quarters then people are going to use the more reliable thing. No scoping isn’t exactly efficient.

> It’s Halo 3 all over again. I honestly don’t see the logic behind adding a (more powerful) magnum into it when Halo 3s was abused so much before they removed it. Melee isn’t really something that can be dealt with. If you end up close quarters then people are going to use the more reliable thing. No scoping isn’t exactly efficient.

I know it seems like they would realize putting a magnum in team snipers would be a bad idea. Its really to bad becasue I enjoy getting in no-scope battles with people but now once someone puts a body shot on you they usually just switch to a mag and go to a headshot.

I personally don’t mind it being used that way. What I dislike (in my few TSnipers games) is how most people use magnum all game or herp derp and magnum if that fails. If they actually used the sniper on me then whatever. They are using there secondary weapon as just that, a secondary.

I agree, but it’s better than the shotty snipes variant in Halo 3. Ugh, that was horrible, especially on maps like Ghost Town and Guardian.

I like the old halo 2 team snipers playlist the best. the only gametype in there was team called “team snipers” and it had sniper rifle as a primary, beam rifle as a secondary, no radar, and weapons on map: snipers.

the bottom line is the fact that team snipers used to be all about your skill with a sniper rifle, in all scenarios, long range and short range. the playlist has certainly been adjusted to better suit lesser skilled players.

I never play this playlist but it sounds like the magnum is over used… they need to put armor lock back in firefight to counter the elite general’s FRGs and the grunt’s plasma grenade

Did…did you really just put a firefight complaint in a team snipers thread? Is…is that even possible?

Anyways, I hate the melee-Magnum or straight Magnum technique almost as much as I hate double-hitting. If the playlist is called Team SNIPERS, then at least use the Sniper Rifle. If you got a shot on me with the sniper rifle but can’t finish it, then a magnum is fine, especially if you can’t wait for the reload. But this business of just hitting someone and pulling out a headshot is trash. You want easy headshots, play Team Swat where it’s perfectly acceptable to use the Magnum. Not in Team Snipers. And double hitting is even worse. That is just outright refusal to use the weapons you are given and it’s just a stupid move. Two double-hitters meet in the battlefield and they both end up dead.

Snipers should never have any other weapon other than the sniper, and grenades included. It should be about you, your sniper, and your skills. Nothing else. Adding other -Yoink- makes people lean towards those things, because the sniper is not the easiest weapon to use. just look at shotty snipers. If you play a match of that, the majority of people will try going close range with the shotgun, because it’s much easier to use than the sniper. I don’t want to play a snipers game just to have some -Yoink- trying to nade and pistol headshot me for the whole game.