Magnum

So I saw the Magnum in the Halo Infinite gameplay trailer is this going to be the standard Magnum because I do like the looks of the one in Halo CE and Halo 5 will there be multiple designs or variants of the weapons in the game

So far the Sidekick is the only human sidearm shown in Infinite. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the old Magnum show up in Infinite, but for now that is the replacement, for all intents and purposes, for the old Magnum we are familiar with.

That’s not the magnum in the demo. I hope the magnum makes it into the game and it’s as good as the H5 version.

I think it’s been confirmed that the traditional magnum won’t be in the game at launch. That’s not really a problem, in my opinion, as long as they add the sidearm we know and love later down the line.

I kinda wish we had a short range, hand cannon style, magnum, like a balanced version of the M6D. Heck, make it a power weapon.

> 2684735135014023;5:
> I kinda wish we had a short range, hand cannon style, magnum, like a balanced version of the M6D. Heck, make it a power weapon.

I still like the one from Halo CE with the scope and high damage the best it truly felt like a pistol made for a Spartan

> 2533274845153375;6:
> > 2684735135014023;5:
> > I kinda wish we had a short range, hand cannon style, magnum, like a balanced version of the M6D. Heck, make it a power weapon.
>
> I still like the one from Halo CE with the scope and high damage the best it truly felt like a pistol made for a Spartan

That would be the M6D

I don’t really like the look of Halo Infinite’s ‘Sidekick’ pistol. It doesn’t look very interesting, and I don’t see why 343 had to go for a re-design again instead of just restoring the original, unique look. But, there really isn’t much we can do about it, so now I’m just hoping we don’t have another Halo 5 on our hands, where no one ever uses anything except that stupid pistol.

> 2535406260637191;8:
> I don’t really like the look of Halo Infinite’s ‘Sidekick’ pistol. It doesn’t look very interesting, and I don’t see why 343 had to go for a re-design again instead of just restoring the original, unique look. But, there really isn’t much we can do about it, so now I’m just hoping we don’t have another Halo 5 on our hands, where no one ever uses anything except that stupid pistol.

That is my big problem with the new pistol. It looks like something I could buy at a local gun store. It’s not unique or sci-fi looking. The original magnum had this bulky front end that made it look unique and futuristic. Later iterations had a trigger guard that covered all four fingers holding the grip (kinda looked like brass knuckles, which was pretty dope). The old pistols were unique and futuristic in subtle ways. This new sidekick is just kinda bland and safe looking. I was kinda hoping it was a placeholder while the wonks at 343 rendered a more interesting looking sidearm, but instead it’s apparently got its own lore justification for existing, because 343 can’t seem to make anything without a complicated lore tie-in.

I don’t mean to dog 343 about it, but for once it wouldn’t be unreasonable for them to just say “hey we made this because we thought it was cool” and provide no lore reason beyond that.

I rather like the idea of a sidearm, such as a pistol, designated as a back up/“sidekick”, rather than the utility weapon as it was in Halo 5, or the god-weapon is was in Halo CE.
Halo 5’s magnum was an excellent weapon, but it was almost too good, and there was very little other weapons needed. Sure power weapons were just that-powerful, but the use of a BR was somewhat redundant.
The Gunfighter Magnum was where it was at, with less damage, and a higher ROF, it was the best starting weapon.
So the introduction of the ‘Sidekick’ as a back up weapon works great for me. As long as it performs like the gunfighter magnum, and NOT the Halo 2 magnum!

> 2533274815543309;10:
> I rather like the idea of a sidearm, such as a pistol, designated as a back up/“sidekick”, rather than the utility weapon as it was in Halo 5, or the god-weapon is was in Halo CE.
> Halo 5’s magnum was an excellent weapon, but it was almost too good, and there was very little other weapons needed. Sure power weapons were just that-powerful, but the use of a BR was somewhat redundant.
> The Gunfighter Magnum was where it was at, with less damage, and a higher ROF, it was the best starting weapon.
> So the introduction of the ‘Sidekick’ as a back up weapon works great for me. As long as it performs like the gunfighter magnum, and NOT the Halo 2 magnum!

I disagree Halo CE Magnum is the best

I don’t care how it looks. I actually like it’s design. It’s a pretty cool pistol.

I feel like the CE pistol’s reputation is overblown.

> 2684735135014023;5:
> I kinda wish we had a short range, hand cannon style, magnum, like a balanced version of the M6D. Heck, make it a power weapon.

It seems to me that the new ‘mangler’ weapon is attempting to fill that role, as it’s described as a pistol that fires slower but deals more damage.

> 2535449076192416;14:
> It seems to me that the new ‘mangler’ weapon is attempting to fill that role, as it’s described as a pistol that fires slower but deals more damage.

I really like how the Mangler is going for that function, but I’m going to miss the Mauler at the same time (it’s unlikely to return, given how similar the two look in first-person).

> 2533274815543309;10:
> I rather like the idea of a sidearm, such as a pistol, designated as a back up/“sidekick”, rather than the utility weapon as it was in Halo 5, or the god-weapon is was in Halo CE.
> Halo 5’s magnum was an excellent weapon, but it was almost too good, and there was very little other weapons needed. Sure power weapons were just that-powerful, but the use of a BR was somewhat redundant.
> The Gunfighter Magnum was where it was at, with less damage, and a higher ROF, it was the best starting weapon.
> So the introduction of the ‘Sidekick’ as a back up weapon works great for me. As long as it performs like the gunfighter magnum, and NOT the Halo 2 magnum!

I don’t mind the Magnum being a little weaker if we could carry three weapons but we can’t obviously I don’t want it to be as weak as Halo 2s Magnum I never used the gunfighters pistol I don’t do a lot of online playing I’m more of a campaign player I wish we could choose what pistol we start with in the campaign in Halo 5 I think that would be pretty awesome maybe they’ll let us do something like that in Halo Infinite at least I would hope so

If it had the hand guard, it’d just be the M6C essentially and hopefully perform as that quick action, low power side arm it suggests to be. I’d be fine with that. Hopefully in future updates they bring other variants into the game, M6G being slightly stronger, more accurate but slower rate of fire. The M6D being the top dog model and hopefully cleaned up and textured to look fresh instead of looking like it was ported from CE classic like Halo 5’s version was.

(Other models depending on how they perform could also just be a reskin between variants to save resources and have different sound files.)

The problem with the side kick (SK) is its lack of stopping power. The magnum has a four shot backup version. The SK is 40 cal or 10 mm and the magnum is 50 cal or 12.54 mm. The cartridge for the magnum fires AP high explosive rounds…