Magnum needs at least a little buffing...

I don’t really like the attitude that sidearms are just back up weapons and not real weapons at all. And many people don’t either, this mentality is stupid. That’s why people loved the C.E. Magnum, and many enjoyed the Reach magnum too. Personally though I’d be fine with the Halo 4 pistol being 6 shot if it had a deeper clip and a whole lot less bloom on it. I’m fine with bloom but the pistol’s is a little overdone in my opinion Now 343 said that things have changed since the Comic Con Build we saw. The Carbine changed, PV changed, and some other things. But so did the magnum, hopefully for the better. Maybe a extended clip? Hopefully atleast a tad less bloom?

Link:http://www.343industries.org/index.html/_/343-industries-news/halo-4-multiplayer-changes-since-e3-aim-a-r127

I think that maybe not possible, because now in CTF when you have the flag you hold the Magnum also and it’s just for support, apart if they change it many people will complain in CTF.

I think a twelve-round magazine would be great. That way, skilled Magnum wielders will have the ability to kill two fully-shielded enemies without reloading.

> I think that maybe not possible, because now in CTF when you have the flag you hold the Magnum also and it’s just for support, apart if they change it many people will complain in CTF.

Yeah, I’m hoping at the very least an extended clip so maybe you can kill more than one person, or you can afford to miss a little. I’d like a fairly large clip Like a 12-15 shot clip.

My ideal Halo 4 magnum if it is a 6 shot kill would have minimal to no bloom with a 12-15 shot clip. If it were a 5 shot kill it would have bloom, but not too intense bloom, with a 10-12 shot clip. I personally like having the pistol with the flag, I really didn’t at first. But I kinda like the idea now, and I still would if the magnum was the way I want it.

I say keep it a 6sk but with no bloom

> I think a twelve-round magazine would be great. That way, skilled Magnum wielders will have the ability to kill two fully-shielded enemies without reloading.

Agreed. The clip being as short as it is now is just very unappealing.

The bloom could be lowered a bit.

> The bloom could be lowered a bit.

yeah it’s a little intense, specially since the shot kill is so high and the clip being so small. Even if the clip count were increased, I’d like it if bloom would go seeing how this is a side arm with a mid to short range, there’s no need for it to have intense bloom.

I feel it’d be much better if the clip was drastically increased and the heavy bloom was replaced with heavy, controllable recoil. It’d still function as a side arm due to the heavy recoil and longer kill time.

The Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm, and not as a primary weapon. It’s a 6sk weapon, however, I do think that the Magnum does need a buff…but not damage-wise. The buff I would have to say is to reduce the bloom, so that it can’t go past the reticle border.

> <mark>The Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm, and not as a primary weapon.</mark> It’s a 6sk weapon, however, I do think that the Magnum does need a buff…but not damage-wise. The buff I would have to say is to reduce the bloom, so that it can’t go past the reticle border.

So because the Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm in Halo 4, that automatically makes it okay? Nerfing the Magnum and Plasma Pistol to sidearm status is POINTLESS especially since they’re the only two. It is illogical sandbox design. At least have six sidearms to choose from!

Besides, most of the people in my thread keeping saying they’re going to drop the Magnum immediately for another primary so that they can use a Package other than Firepower. So WHAT’S THE POINT OF THE SIDEARMS? So that we can switch to them when our weapon runs out of ammo? A primary can do that too.

> The Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm, and not as a primary weapon. It’s a 6sk weapon, however, I do think that the Magnum does need a buff…but not damage-wise. The buff I would have to say is to reduce the bloom, so that it can’t go past the reticle border.

Yeah that’s what I was saying, I’d also like an extended clip on top of that. With both of those I’d still feel like it’d stay a secondary. But there’s no need for secondarys to be useless. The magnum would never be a Primary… even if they were to bring back the CE magnum and everyone only used that it’d still be classified as a secondary. Plus with it’s range it would be a secondary people would only use it as they are closing in on someone.

I feel like you do, Sidearm or not its still a weapon.

> > <mark>The Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm, and not as a primary weapon.</mark> It’s a 6sk weapon, however, I do think that the Magnum does need a buff…but not damage-wise. The buff I would have to say is to reduce the bloom, so that it can’t go past the reticle border.
>
> So because the Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm in Halo 4, that automatically makes it okay? Nerfing the Magnum and Plasma Pistol to sidearm status is POINTLESS especially since they’re the only two. It is illogical sandbox design. At least have six sidearms to choose from!
>
> Besides, most of the people in my thread keeping saying they’re going to drop the Magnum immediately for another primary so that they can use a Package other than Firepower. So WHAT’S THE POINT OF THE SIDEARMS? So that we can switch to them when our weapon runs out of ammo? A primary can do that too.

Exactly!!! Plus on a side note to this there is talk of a forerunner SMG or redesigned UNSC SMG as a secondary. Which would be cool as long as it weren’t useless too. But it isn’t confirmed yet.(there was a picture that looked like what appeared to be a SMG on the leg of a spartan) So the secondaries will probably be:
Magnum, Plasma Pistol, this new SMG, and I’m sure they’ll bring back the spiker, maybe the mauler, just things from prior Halo games that you used to be able to dual wield. But then again maybe they won’t and it’ll be the first three.

> > > <mark>The Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm, and not as a primary weapon.</mark> It’s a 6sk weapon, however, I do think that the Magnum does need a buff…but not damage-wise. The buff I would have to say is to reduce the bloom, so that it can’t go past the reticle border.
> >
> > So because the Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm in Halo 4, that automatically makes it okay? Nerfing the Magnum and Plasma Pistol to sidearm status is POINTLESS especially since they’re the only two. It is illogical sandbox design. At least have six sidearms to choose from!
> >
> > Besides, most of the people in my thread keeping saying they’re going to drop the Magnum immediately for another primary so that they can use a Package other than Firepower. So WHAT’S THE POINT OF THE SIDEARMS? So that we can switch to them when our weapon runs out of ammo? A primary can do that too.
>
> Exactly!!! Plus on a side note to this there is talk of a forerunner SMG or redesigned UNSC SMG as a secondary. Which would be cool as long as it weren’t useless too. But it isn’t confirmed yet.(there was a picture that looked like what appeared to be a SMG on the leg of a spartan) So the secondaries will probably be:
> Magnum, Plasma Pistol, this new SMG, and I’m sure they’ll bring back the spiker, maybe the mauler, just things from prior Halo games that you used to be able to dual wield. But then again maybe they won’t and it’ll be the first three.

I would very much love a redesigned UNSC SMG. I would love to see the spiritual successor silenced SMG of ODST. A weapon with rapid fire, relatively low damage, invisible on radar.

> > > > <mark>The Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm, and not as a primary weapon.</mark> It’s a 6sk weapon, however, I do think that the Magnum does need a buff…but not damage-wise. The buff I would have to say is to reduce the bloom, so that it can’t go past the reticle border.
> > >
> > > So because the Magnum is supposed to be a sidearm in Halo 4, that automatically makes it okay? Nerfing the Magnum and Plasma Pistol to sidearm status is POINTLESS especially since they’re the only two. It is illogical sandbox design. At least have six sidearms to choose from!
> > >
> > > Besides, most of the people in my thread keeping saying they’re going to drop the Magnum immediately for another primary so that they can use a Package other than Firepower. So WHAT’S THE POINT OF THE SIDEARMS? So that we can switch to them when our weapon runs out of ammo? A primary can do that too.
> >
> > Exactly!!! Plus on a side note to this there is talk of a forerunner SMG or redesigned UNSC SMG as a secondary. Which would be cool as long as it weren’t useless too. But it isn’t confirmed yet.(there was a picture that looked like what appeared to be a SMG on the leg of a spartan) So the secondaries will probably be:
> > Magnum, Plasma Pistol, this new SMG, and I’m sure they’ll bring back the spiker, maybe the mauler, just things from prior Halo games that you used to be able to dual wield. But then again maybe they won’t and it’ll be the first three.
>
> I would very much love a redesigned UNSC SMG. I would love to see the spiritual successor silenced SMG of ODST. A weapon with rapid fire, relatively low damage, invisible on radar.

The silenced SMG in ODST looked OUTSTANDING! I thought it’d be awesome to use, but unfortunately I never got to Play ODST. Which is the only Halo game besides Halo Wars I haven’t played. But ODST was technically an Expansion and not a game. But yeah that SMG really looked good! But the Halo 4 one looked more like Halo 3 version of the SMG not the ODST version of the SMG. Which I’d prefer the ODST SMG. Who knows what it will play like though? I would post a link to the picture but I don’t remember where I saw it. But it was on the leg of a Spartan in a picture somewhere.

But I hope these changes to the Magnum are in the bloom and number of bullets in the clip. And if not hopefully 343 changes that and buffs up the magnum before launch.

As a secondary weapon I’d say it’s perfectly fine. Slight buffs wont prevent it from being ditched for another primary weapon ASAP.

Bloom should be changed to the DMR’s type of bloom where the inner circle will never exceed the outer circle.

Also, 6sk is okay, but it needs a 12 round mag

> As a secondary weapon I’d say it’s perfectly fine. Slight buffs wont prevent it from being ditched for another primary weapon ASAP.

It should still be an effective weapon for those instances where we don’t have another weapon and not just a finisher weapon.

As long as I can open fire on an enemy at point blank and aim and hit, it should be fine, but If it misses so much like the halo reach one, no.