Magnetism Is Exactly The Same on Both Inputs (Video Proof)

Went ahead and did my own test that shows M&K and controller have exactly the same magnetism.

https://youtu.be/06d2osEBL8k

For reference, I started the game without touching my controller and went straight to Weapon Drills. You can see which input is being used by the input displays that appear at the bottom right hand corner. The magnetism is EXACTLY the same for both inputs.

I also went ahead and reloaded Infinite off camera with my controller unplugged to rule out any weird shenanigans. Can you guess what happened?

Magnetism was still present.

Hopefully this will shut down the weird notion that M&K has no magnetism. You just missed your shot. The only relevant discussion now is aim assist or “sticky reticle.” A mouse has far superior tracking ability than a controller, which is why aim assist even exists.

17 Likes

That’s good to know, thanks for the video

2 Likes

This just looks like an over enlarged hit box to me. Especially since the BR is hit scan and not projectile so there isn’t actually bullets flying through the air.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

1 Like

You can see the bullets slightly curve off center to the cross hair and still hit the bot.

The BR is hit scan. Always has been. It’s just registering light once it hits the heads kill box which will always appear on the character model. What you’ve proved is the heads kill box is larger then normal.

1 Like

I can assure you it is defiantly a projectile just like everything else.

5 Likes

Can confirm. Weapons are definitely projectile: just superfast.

2 Likes

Not true. If I need to, I can put it slightly further out so that you can see the bullets actually curve towards the head. This is how it works.

1 Like

Cool. Now where’s my red reticle and headshot indicator? Might as well add it back to PC since cheating is already an issue without it and the issue needs to be solve via better anti-cheat.

2 Likes

RRR needs to be on PC for sure, it helps with tracking and optimal ranges.

2 Likes

Also, the BR has NOT always been hitscan. Even in Halo 2, it is a projectile, but it travels very fast at 1000 units per second. They slowed the speed of the projectile in Halo 3, which is very noticeable. You can easily find videos of this on YouTube.

You can mod Halo 2 projectiles to move slower, and replace the projectiles with things like trucks. Halo 5 turned them into hitscan, but in Infinite in fairly certain they are still projectiles.

5 Likes

Yes, they are projectiles. You can see them moving if you slow it down in theatre. Even in normal gameplay.

In h5, all you saw was a flash and an instantaneous line from shooter to target.

1 Like

The fact this is even a thing for either side is so freaking stupid. This is why the aim-assist feels so over powered in this game…

1 Like

Aim assist isn’t even no where near as strong as previous games. And the fact that M&K players get magnetism, it also gives them the leeway to not be perfectly accurate.

It’s probably balanced all things considered imo.

So why He cant Block Controllers from PC? Everyone ist Happy Like in every Other Shooter in 2022.

Honestly, I would say most of the blame is hit registration from netcode being trash. You can dump your whole mag into somebody and they might live, and then they’ll two tap you with the BR as you reload at full shields. I don’t think it’s a device or input problem. I think 343 and Azure as usual are just the problem. You could probably LAN a PC and Xbox together to test even more offline if you have both. Sometimes all my hits land, sometimes it’s like nothing hits. That’s probably why I don’t like the pulse carbine, because it just seems like it’s not hitting because of netcode

1 Like

Hitbox is the same size no matter what. Commando and S7 can demonstrate this because their shots do not magnetize hardly at all, if at all.

1 Like

Exactly.

Given this guy said that the BR has always had hitscan, it’s safe to say he doesn’t really know his stuff.

in h2c its 400 world units