Magazine Size Changes

I haven’t seen anyone mention some of these yet so I thought I’d make a thread on it. I took note of several weapons that have had their magazine sizes changed when watching some warzone gameplay from E3.

The first is the Covenant Carbine, which has had its historical 18 round magazine increased to 20, as can be seen in this gameplay.

The second is the DMR, which has had its magazine size increased back to 15 after being reduced to 14 in Halo 4. This can be seen in this gameplay if you count the rounds in mag.

The third is the Suppressor, which has seen a decrease to 42 rounds from the 48 it had in Halo 4. It can be seen here by counting the maximum possible number of rounds in a mag.

The fourth is the Boltshot, which has seen an increase from 10 to 24 rounds meaning it can fire 8 bursts of three rounds before reloading. It can be seen by counting the maximum possible in a magazine in this picture.

The fifth is the Shotgun, which has been changed from six shells in a mag to five and can be seen here.

The sixth and final one is the one I’ve seen a lot more people talk about but I’ll mention it anyway for conversation’s sake. The AR’s mag has been increased from the 32 it was in the beta and most previous halo games to 36.

Any thoughts on these changes? I for one am happy to see the Carbine get some love, as I never felt like 18 rounds was enough.

Shotgun now has 5 rounds because it’s more powerful

> 2533274803137071;2:
> Shotgun now has 5 rounds because it’s more powerful

Thank you I forgot this one! I’ll edit the OP.

Hmm, DMR back to its Reach mag size huh, well that’s great. Never understood why they changed it in the first place. Do you happen to know what the total ammo limit is (like 108 for the BR).

> 2533274878729651;4:
> Hmm, DMR back to its Reach mag size huh, well that’s great. Never understood why they changed it in the first place. Do you happen to know what the total ammo limit is (like 108 for the BR).

They changed it in Halo 4 so that the DMR couldn’t kill 3 fully-shielded people with one mag, only two max. They did this to “balance” the DMR as the BR (Which was a five burst kill pre-patch) could only kill two per mag as well.

As for the maximum reserve ammo, I haven’t seen, but if I had to guess it will be 60, same as Reach.