Mad Dog Visor/

I just unlocked this visor, and I think the description of it is one of the most interesting out of all of the ones i’ve read so far.

“Mad Dog VISR overlays lack even the most rudimentary image sanitation functions so that Spartan operators see only the rawest, most unadulterated view of the battlefield”

Any ideas what this could mean? A lot of the descriptions of aesthetics are (probably intentionally) cryptic but I can’t really make this one out at all, Do Spartan Visors actually censor carnage in a fight? or is it just speaking figuratively about strategies gone awry or statistics that could possibly compromise morale?

I was thinking it meant that it didn’t apply things like lense filters for light conditions or thermal imageenhancement to see through smoke anddust clouds or someting.

I doubt it has anything to do with the helmet censoring the blood of teammates on the fly, just to improve morale like its very own built in ERSB.

> 2533274810945725;2:
> I was thinking it meant that it didn’t apply things like lense filters for light conditions or thermal imageenhancement to see through smoke anddust clouds or someting.
>
> I doubt it has anything to do with the helmet censoring the blood of teammates on the fly, just to improve morale like its very own built in ERSB.

Actually it means exactly that. One of the visor description states that it uses an alternate reality program to tone down the bloodshed for morale reasons. here’s the visor description:

The galaxy is full of wonder and danger in equal measure. The Abyss VISR uses subtle augmented reality tricks to reduce the Spartan’s exposure to psychologically stressful visual stimuli, ensuring peak performance in even the most traumatic environments.

Can’t let these Spartan IV’s see bloodshed and war in their sparkling new power Ranger armor, its like TF2’s Pyro vision.

Boo. I need to see the danger and reality…that would keep you in peak condition.

> 2533274867519109;5:
> Boo. I need to see the danger and reality…that would keep you in peak condition.

> 2533274871929668;4:
> Can’t let these Spartan IV’s see bloodshed and war in their sparkling new power Ranger armor, its like TF2’s Pyro vision.

Psychological damage and PTSD are real things. The stress of war is something that impacts people in a big way.
Makes sense to want to lessen such elements. They won’t keep you in ‘peak condition’, they’d cause mental trauma over time.

Prime example: Lucy.

> 2533274809220485;6:
> > 2533274867519109;5:
> > Boo. I need to see the danger and reality…that would keep you in peak condition.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274871929668;4:
> > Can’t let these Spartan IV’s see bloodshed and war in their sparkling new power Ranger armor, its like TF2’s Pyro vision.
>
>
> Psychological damage and PTSD are real things. The stress of war is something that impacts people in a big way.
> Makes sense to want to lessen such elements. They won’t keep you in ‘peak condition’, they’d cause mental trauma over time.
>
> Prime example: Lucy.

If she doesn’t have an Abyss Visor in her eventual ingame appearance, 343i would have missed out on a good opportunity to connect the lore of even the most insignificant things.

> 2533274950478805;7:
> > 2533274809220485;6:
> > > 2533274867519109;5:
> > > Boo. I need to see the danger and reality…that would keep you in peak condition.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274871929668;4:
> > > Can’t let these Spartan IV’s see bloodshed and war in their sparkling new power Ranger armor, its like TF2’s Pyro vision.
> >
> >
> > Psychological damage and PTSD are real things. The stress of war is something that impacts people in a big way.
> > Makes sense to want to lessen such elements. They won’t keep you in ‘peak condition’, they’d cause mental trauma over time.
> >
> > Prime example: Lucy.
>
>
> If she doesn’t have an Abyss Visor in her eventual ingame appearance, 343i would have missed out on a good opportunity to connect the lore of even the most insignificant things.

@grimbrother
Hope he gets this connection!

> 2533274809220485;6:
> > 2533274867519109;5:
> > Boo. I need to see the danger and reality…that would keep you in peak condition.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274871929668;4:
> > Can’t let these Spartan IV’s see bloodshed and war in their sparkling new power Ranger armor, its like TF2’s Pyro vision.
>
>
> Psychological damage and PTSD are real things. The stress of war is something that impacts people in a big way.
> Makes sense to want to lessen such elements. They won’t keep you in ‘peak condition’, they’d cause mental trauma over time.
>
> Prime example: Lucy.

No visor was going to help Lucy get over the fact that her whole company was whiped out in a flash.

Some people handle grievances differently than others, but she was still a functional Spartan. Should have been Lucy in halo CE, strong silent type :stuck_out_tongue:

I just think all these visors having extra perks are abit silly imo. Besides ones like frost or something. GoLtd visors ftw

> 2533274906310987;3:
> > 2533274810945725;2:
> > I was thinking it meant that it didn’t apply things like lense filters for light conditions or thermal imageenhancement to see through smoke anddust clouds or someting.
> >
> > I doubt it has anything to do with the helmet censoring the blood of teammates on the fly, just to improve morale like its very own built in ERSB.
>
>
> Actually it means exactly that. One of the visor description states that it uses an alternate reality program to tone down the bloodshed for morale reasons. here’s the visor description:
>
> The galaxy is full of wonder and danger in equal measure. The Abyss VISR uses subtle augmented reality tricks to reduce the Spartan’s exposure to psychologically stressful visual stimuli, ensuring peak performance in even the most traumatic environments.

Wow. Is that literally a canon explanation for Halo 5’s T-Rating? The blood is still there, but the visors censor most of it? Lol I’m so done…

> 2533274906310987;3:
> > 2533274810945725;2:
> > I was thinking it meant that it didn’t apply things like lense filters for light conditions or thermal imageenhancement to see through smoke anddust clouds or someting.
> >
> > I doubt it has anything to do with the helmet censoring the blood of teammates on the fly, just to improve morale like its very own built in ERSB.
>
>
> Actually it means exactly that. One of the visor description states that it uses an alternate reality program to tone down the bloodshed for morale reasons. here’s the visor description:
>
> The galaxy is full of wonder and danger in equal measure. The Abyss VISR uses subtle augmented reality tricks to reduce the Spartan’s exposure to psychologically stressful visual stimuli, ensuring peak performance in even the most traumatic environments.

I THINK thats supposed to mean the crazy stuff you see in Forerunner instillations more than bloodshed. Spartans can handle THAT without issue.

> 2533274950478805;7:
> > 2533274809220485;6:
> > > 2533274867519109;5:
> > > Boo. I need to see the danger and reality…that would keep you in peak condition.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274871929668;4:
> > > Can’t let these Spartan IV’s see bloodshed and war in their sparkling new power Ranger armor, its like TF2’s Pyro vision.
> >
> >
> > Psychological damage and PTSD are real things. The stress of war is something that impacts people in a big way.
> > Makes sense to want to lessen such elements. They won’t keep you in ‘peak condition’, they’d cause mental trauma over time.
> >
> > Prime example: Lucy.
>
>
> If she doesn’t have an Abyss Visor in her eventual ingame appearance, 343i would have missed out on a good opportunity to connect the lore of even the most insignificant things.

She better bloody get one.

Still wish that the visr had some type of interaction to the gameplay in some small way…

One of the next updates should give it a Pyro vision effect. JK