Mad at Invisible Ranks? Have it on waypoint!

So, we are all mad at invisible ranks.

Except for the Doctor Evil Airquote Casual bunch who are here to ‘Have Fun’.

So, ignoring them because they’ll just go blah blah u just wan face rub, I think we have a bit of a solution.

In Halo 4, we can pull up Waypoint Info just about instantly, unlike Reach where we had to literally leave a Halo game to get to Halo info.

So why don’t we have visible ranks on Waypoint? That way, the Doctor Evil Airquote Casual bunch will still be fine with invisible ranks in game, but because they are Doctor Evil Airquote Casuals, they won’t even check waypoint to know that there are visible ranks.

And no, I’m not knocking on casuals here.

But then, take it you’re competitive. (I’m kind of a hybrid. But I do like competitive. And the current MLG playlist on Reach doesn’t cut it.) You want to be able to check your own rank, or compare with others in the game for trashtalking and stuff.

Click their playercard. Step 1. Check dat -Yoink- on Waypoint, step 2. You now have his rank!/Your own rank! Solved. Competitive won’t mind having like 3 seconds wasted if they get the holy number to be readable, but Doctor Evil Airquote Casuals wouldn’t give a ding--Yoink!- unless they get hurt.

Good idea, no?

Decent solution, I wouldn’t mind it, but my biggest issue is just not being able to have both playlists… so far without ranking system this game is as big of a disappointment as the NHL lockout so far.

or just make 1-50 decrease over time if you dont play on it and win and that will stop people selling accounts.

Yeah, let’s have something to make our ranks visible, you know every competitive players in the world think like us. We want to see our rank. I’m from France and if you hear me 343i, WE ARE REALLY DISAPPOINTED, YOU MAKE HALO’S DEATH

lol @ halo 2 kids wanting a number next to their name, anyways this might not happen. i can see why they pull the ranking system

> Yeah, let’s have something to make our ranks visible, you know every competitive players in the world think like us. We want to see our rank. I’m from France and if you hear me 343i, WE ARE REALLY DISAPPOINTED, YOU MAKE HALO’S DEATH

I’m sure they did, even though Other Halo games did fine with out it, and CoD does fine with out it.
:slight_smile:

> lol @ halo 2 kids wanting a number next to their name, anyways this might not happen. i can see why they pull the ranking system

I’m really starting to hate people’s post like these, it’s making the forum unpleasant for everyone. Competitive players have a right to post so please use some common sense and human decency and let them have a voice too.

God the casuals on these boards are so selfish, they only care about themselves, which ironically, is what they are complaining about with competitive players wanting ranks.

> > lol @ halo 2 kids wanting a number next to their name, anyways this might not happen. i can see why they pull the ranking system
>
> I’m really starting to hate people’s post like these, it’s making the forum unpleasant for everyone. Competitive players have a right to post so please use some common sense and human decency and let them have a voice too.
>
> God the casuals on these boards are so selfish, they only care about themselves, which ironically, is what they are complaining about with competitive players wanting ranks.

Exactly. It does no harm to casual players to include a ranked option. None at all. Especially if the ranks aren’t visible to other players (I still think it would be best to make rank visible to the player).

Really bad to say since i have been a long time halo fan (except reach) but once bo2 comes out (it actually has a competitive system) the competitive players will switch to cod and the casual players will switch to cod. In reality, the competitive players were the majority since they were the ones who stayed behind after the new cod games come out.

> Really bad to say since i have been a long time halo fan (except reach) but once bo2 comes out (it actually has a competitive system) the competitive players will switch to cod and the casual players will switch to cod. In reality, the competitive players were the majority since they were the ones who stayed behind after the new cod games come out.

Meh… this may be true but I don’t like CoD so I’ll stick with Halo. I don’t have enough time anymore to play more than one MP game so I’ll probably stick with Halo to the bitter end.

All this will mean is that I’ll play less of it.

Not going to happen, you can suggest and moan but it’s not going to be visible, for a reason. (And no not because casuals will complain)

Also, I find your logic quite interesting, so if you’re a casual, that means you complained about 1-50, don’t use WayPoint, basically you’re saying that if you don’t play competitive you don’t have any knowledge about the game?

That’s odd, I always found taking video games bit too seriously bit childish, so I’d say I’m a casual since I’m definetly not competitive.

Still OP, you Mr Competitive Pro Player, have highest skill of 21 in Halo 3, and barely have over 1.00 k/d in Reach.

And you’d want a visible ranking system? For what, your friends to carry you to 50 and hide the fact that you’re not as good as you think, or did you perhaps enjoy giving trash talk to sergeants?

On a side note, I have nothing against visible ranking system, only thing I don’t like about the invisible true skill is that it’s not seperated to ranked/social. People are going to get mad if you play with guests and get matched with someone who gets no enjoyment out of the game if you don’t win.

> > lol @ halo 2 kids wanting a number next to their name, anyways this might not happen. i can see why they pull the ranking system
>
> I’m really starting to hate people’s post like these, it’s making the forum unpleasant for everyone. Competitive players have a right to post so please use some common sense and human decency and let them have a voice too.
>
> God the casuals on these boards are so selfish, they only care about themselves, which ironically, is what they are complaining about with competitive players wanting ranks.

Don’t label every singe casual player as a selfish player who doesn’t want ranking system. Both the competitives and casuals have their rotten apples.

Ever heard of Halotracker? That site is the reason I still play competitive Reach. You have TrueSkill leaderboards and you can see you progress like in Halo 2.

I would still love for Waypoint to do this as well since that would become more official and mainstream.

I just don’t see why there can’t be a ranking system for a few select playlists that don’t affect your global rank.

There are players who want that incentive to play and win game and keep improving, If they put in the arena rankings that don’t reset but can decrease over time from inactivity that would be great.

343 have been very inconsistent on their reasons behind their decisions for the changes they have made. I’m not saying the changes are bad, I do like some of the changes, but the reasons they have given don’t add up really.

I just don’t see why we cant have both ranking systems. We could have a ranked and social playlist set and have a progression system that runs over both ranked and social.

If a visible rank were to occur, I’d rather make it so that we don’t stop at any number. With the way the trueskill system works, it’s best to just let players find the “highest rank” and have the development keep an eye on both the top and bottom players to let them have matches continue for those two extremes.

1-50 just do not work well when you skip ranks. I’m all for a system that attempts to find your similarly skilled opponents faster, but the cap has to be removed. It’ll only just make the system more accurate and give players more incentive to stay on one account.

Those are my 2 cents. I also like your idea OP. However, to have ranks displayed, it needs to encourage people to stay, unlike both Reach and 3 where they gave players to not stay on.1 account.t or they simply lost interest.

You guys will try anything won’t you.
I really don’t see what is so hard to accept that nothing is going to change. This isn’t Mass Effect 3. The game won’t be changed for the sake of a few pixels and I very much doubt the website will.

You’ve got stat tracking. Start with that.

Why is it every time something doesn’t go your way, you turn around and start blaming those of you who aren’t competitive and refer to them as ‘Casuals’?

Do you guys play games to have fun? If yes, then guess what, I’m going to label guys as ‘casuals’, don’t like it, too damn bad.

> That’s odd, I always found taking video games bit too seriously bit childish, so I’d say I’m a casual since I’m definetly not competitive.

Lawl, its ok to take lots different of things in life seriously but because its a video game we have to draw the line and it becomes childish…please. You lose much of your credibility talking about it being childish to take games seriously when you start posting on a video game forum…

> Why is it every time something doesn’t go your way, you turn around and start blaming those of you who aren’t competitive and refer to them as ‘Casuals’?
>
> Do you guys play games to have fun? If yes, then guess what, I’m going to label guys as ‘casuals’, don’t like it, too damn bad.

I prefer casually hardcore :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Why is it every time something doesn’t go your way, you turn around and start blaming those of you who aren’t competitive and refer to them as ‘Casuals’?
> >
> > Do you guys play games to have fun? If yes, then guess what, I’m going to label guys as ‘casuals’, don’t like it, too damn bad.
>
> I prefer casually hardcore :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re still have fun. That’s the number one thing that matters in gaming.