Machinima Thread

Hey everyone,

This is the machinima thread. In this thread all you machinima creators can post your videos (machinima, montage, commentary), talk about machinima, brainstorm for ideas, pick up voice or body actors, etc.

This is for anyone!
For the people who do not create or are in machinima’s it would be great for you all to comment on the other users video!
Give them all the feedback your hearts desire!

I’ll start us off:
Here is a link to our groups youtube page where you can check out are machinima series Campfire Stories:
Campfire Stories Episode 5 Zombie Apocalypse Part 1
Campfire Stories Episode 6 Zombie Apocalypse Part 2
Campfire Stories Episode 7 Season Finale Trailer
Campfire Stories Special The Forgotten
Campfire Stories & Tim N Bobby Channel

I’ll post in this thread when I have new videos so every once and a while people have a chance to see this thread again!

Helpful Videos for people interested with making machinimas:
Making Commentary on Project Middleground

Video of The Month:
Ballads of Reach
This is an epic mixing of different popular songs and using Halo Reach to create funny and creative skits that go with the songs!

Machinima Contest:
Eagle5104 is hosting the second ever machinima contest on halowaypoint and you can enter here:
Machinima Contest

No one has any Halo Videos they would like to share?

i dont as such have a video to post but have a few questions-

1.how much does a decent capture card cost?
2.how would i be able to record voices?
3.will you answer my questions?

thank you in advance(in a few months, i may have a video to post!)

go to the youtube channel Arbiter617. Then tremble at the sheer epicosity

I make a machinima series called Playtime. Season 1 aired back in June 2011. Season 2 will be aired here on Halo Waypoint, starting Monday October 3rd.

All the details for the Season 2 release schedule can be found here.

Hope you all like it!

> go to the youtube channel Arbiter617. Then tremble at the sheer epicosity

Arbiter’s good at epic scenes, but to be honest, I look for more than just epicness in machinima. Not that I don’t like him, I’m subscribed and I enjoy watching his videos.

OT:
Mai main channel has machinima shorts on it:

And my clan’s channel posted a HMV compilation that I directed and edited:

> i dont as such have a video to post but have a few questions-
>
> 1.how much does a decent capture card cost?
> 2.how would i be able to record voices?
> 3.will you answer my questions?
>
>
> thank you in advance(in a few months, i may have a video to post!)

If you’re willing to do some reading, I posted a fairly in-depth development blog on my website that covers the entire production process for Season 2 of my Playtime series.

The blog is split into 5 articles, each one covering a particular aspect of production (one for sound recording, one for editing, etc.)

You can find the entire blog at www.playtimeshow.com.

Hope that helps with your questions. Let me know if you need any more help!

> i dont as such have a video to post but have a few questions-
>
> 1.how much does a decent capture card cost?
> 2.how would i be able to record voices?
> 3.will you answer my questions?
>
>
> thank you in advance(in a few months, i may have a video to post!)

1.Well if you saw my videos and looked at the quality, and you are ok with that then are capture card was only 50 bucks or so on amazon. Also you could buy render minutes but I don’t know what is going to happen with bungie pro… so I would check into that a little more before purchasing.

2.To record your voices you could easily download the program audacity! A bunch of machinima makers use it!

3.Yes YES I WILL!

I am going to follow this thread so I can attempt to make a machinima.

> > go to the youtube channel Arbiter617. Then tremble at the sheer epicosity
>
> Arbiter’s good at epic scenes, but to be honest, I look for more than just epicness in machinima. Not that I don’t like him, I’m subscribed and I enjoy watching his videos.
>
> OT:
> Mai main channel has machinima shorts on it:
> http://www.youtube.com/user/timlagz
>
> And my clan’s channel posted a HMV compilation that I directed and edited:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwoOJlSEdc

DUDE Awesome job with that bottom video! Gave me a good laugh! You should tottaly do another one of those it was really great!

> I am going to follow this thread so I can attempt to make a machinima.

If you have any questions just post!

I bet someone here will be more than glad to answer your question!

thanks to everyone who answered my questions! ill check out the links posted!

I’m King Sangos…

What did you expect?

Wings of Equilibria

Wings of Equilibria: Chapter I (Prologue)

Wings of Equilibria: Chapter II (Sanctum)

Wings of Equilibria: Chapter III (Betrayal)

I am strictly a Halo Machinima Director and I do not care for “trivial” things such as Comment, Rate & Subscribe. At the end of the day, Interent Fame is pointless for Machinima Directors and I will simply let the audiences judge my work. If they like it and wish to know me then that is absolutely fine.

> I’m King Sangos…
>
> What did you expect?
>
> Wings of Equilibria
>
> Wings of Equilibria: Chapter I (Prologue)
>
> Wings of Equilibria: Chapter II (Sanctum)
>
> Wings of Equilibria: Chapter III (Betrayal)
>
> I am strictly a Halo Machinima Director and I do not care for “trivial” things such as Comment, Rate & Subscribe. At the end of the day, Interent Fame is pointless for Machinima Directors and I will simply let the audiences judge my work. If they like it and wish to know me then that is absolutely fine.

Nice series so far from what I’ve watched!

I have a question though… What process do you use when creating a script like this? This is open to anyone as well if they would like to answer. I would love to know cause for my groups series we are moving into a storyline and I would really love to know!

> go to the youtube channel Arbiter617. Then tremble at the sheer epicosity

I watch his machinima’s and we have learned a lot from watching them honeslty.

I wouldn’t say we are as good as him…(yet) but we have improved a lot by watching and learning from his videos.

Epidemic (Zombie Machinima)

The Alternative (My fan made Reach alternate ending)

The alternate ending starts of a bit slow but it’s worth the watch. Those are the only two machinimas I have right now but I’ll be putting up a lot more over the coming months.

> Epidemic (Zombie Machinima)
>
> The Alternative (My fan made Reach alternate ending)
>
> The alternate ending starts of a bit slow but it’s worth the watch. Those are the only two machinimas I have right now but I’ll be putting up a lot more over the coming months.

Dude that was really nice.

You check out the videos I have listed as well cause the ones up their are on a zombie story!

Also, the way you made that I feel could go for a real series, Like a 3 part series on survivors or how the plague started! You should definatly think about that!

I’m going to watch the alternate ending now

Hey everyone this is an awesome video for whoever wants to get started as a machinima maker:

It is a video and commentary of the making of Middleground and 50 min long machinima made by Arbiter617!
The Video

Also I suggest that everyone who looks at this thread should also check out Project Middleground!

> > > go to the youtube channel Arbiter617. Then tremble at the sheer epicosity
> >
> > Arbiter’s good at epic scenes, but to be honest, I look for more than just epicness in machinima. Not that I don’t like him, I’m subscribed and I enjoy watching his videos.
> >
> > OT:
> > Mai main channel has machinima shorts on it:
> > http://www.youtube.com/user/timlagz
> >
> > And my clan’s channel posted a HMV compilation that I directed and edited:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwoOJlSEdc
>
> DUDE Awesome job with that bottom video! Gave me a good laugh! You should tottaly do another one of those it was really great!

Thanks. To be honest though, I’d rather get some narrative content out.

Also, for a great Halo machinima tutorial using after effects, I’d recommend Tommy92l: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hhPJtmiP-U

He does some great tutorials. I don’t actually use After Effects, but I use Motion 4 which is Apple’s equivalent of after effects so it’s easily translatable.

Thanks. To be honest though, I’d rather get some narrative content out.

Also, for a great Halo machinima tutorial using after effects, I’d recommend Tommy92l: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hhPJtmiP-U

He does some great tutorials. I don’t actually use After Effects, but I use Motion 4 which is Apple’s equivalent of after effects so it’s easily translatable.

I’ll look into that link and maybe I can post stuff like this in the OP which will help new machinima makers.