Machinima/Theater 2.0

I just though of this awesome idea of theater 2.0 or a mode to make Machinima.

It could either be a new mode or just be Theater 2.0, it’s not just a replay mode but you can actully play in it and rewind instantly or go 3rd person.

You get accses to all the armor so you can fully expoit the new armor’s in Halo 4.

An idea is to have ragdoll/corpses and paint blood on walls and such.

Begin able to use slo-mo and not how it is now.

Maybe even motion capture with use of kinect.

There you can have lower weapon online and option for no weapon.

Voice capture over live.

And begin able to upload it instantly to Machinima or others.

This is a cartoon showing how making you’re Machinimas alone would work
First
Second
Third
fourth
Fifth

Having scenes and adding them all together at the end.

Discuss, i will add more good ideas from you and if i come up with more myself.

It all sound pretty cool, but very difficult and would probably eat up vast amounts of space on your Halo 4 disc.

I think painting blood on the walls sounds like it could be difficult to impliment, and kind of obsalite concidering all you have to do is shoot someone and blood comes out of them anyway.

But, as crazy as it sounds, the Kinect motion capture seems like a very good idea, concidering that it is what the Kinect was built for. (although you might need a lot of space)

Maybe it would be better if they released a Halo 4 as normal, but then you could buy the Halo 4: Theater Pack, which would come with all the stuff you said, and you would be able to access all you saved files that you created on Halo 4, IDK

To hell with space, i save all my Halo games on my little black slim 240GB.

Download it as a DLC?
Would rather have it as a second disc, i bet at the end of the new trilogy we will have a new console anyway.

This idea was for people making Machinima, to make it easier, because when Halo 3 was out Machinima videos was all over youtube, and we need that back.

I don’t think it will be so easy to get them to have an upload to youtube future, since it’s owned by Google.

The motion capture idea was a good one right? :smiley: Rooster teeth would love this idea i i garantie you.

> don’t think it will be so easy to get them to have an upload to youtube future, since it’s owned by Google.

Isn’t Youtube coming to Xbox?? This might make it a more viable option.

> > don’t think it will be so easy to get them to have an upload to youtube future, since it’s owned by Google.
>
> Isn’t Youtube coming to Xbox?? This might make it a more viable option.

You’re right, i forgot that. I think google will as well. Ok this and custom game browser are 2 of things we need in Halo 4.

Don’t forget to post you’re own ideas.

> > > don’t think it will be so easy to get them to have an upload to youtube future, since it’s owned by Google.
> >
> > Isn’t Youtube coming to Xbox?? This might make it a more viable option.
>
> You’re right, i forgot that. I think google will as well. Ok this and custom game browser are 2 of things we need in Halo 4.
>
> Don’t forget to post you’re own ideas.

yes it is I support this as a machinima maker myself

Good for you:D

Let’s shorten down on the quotes now

Alright well with ideas and questions on this

Is this theater like mode or is this a special mode that allows you to do things and then go back in theater and use some of the other options in your thread?

Also slow mo sounds awesome and maybe we can have special features to allow for you to make a slow black screen fade in.

Or a white flash appear stuff like that.

It would be a new mode, or Theater 2.0.

It’s like custom game and forge and theater all together, where you have more “movie” things in the forge-box, and begin able to move around to shoot the film, or you can just watch a match you had before or… you can use that match and pause it, go in yourself, and press play and you can walk around while they play, place green-screens in the background and so on.

It’s basiclly a theater you can play forge in, placing objects and stuff in the actual match you played 5 minutes ago, i think this would work since you can’t go through people in theater now can you?
Meaning that there is acutal model’s walking around if that makes sense.

> It would be a new mode, or Theater 2.0.
>
> It’s like custom game and forge and theater all together, where you have more “movie” things in the forge-box, and begin able to move around to shoot the film, or you can just watch a match you had before or… you can use that match and pause it, go in yourself, and press play and you can walk around while they play, place green-screens in the background and so on.
>
> It’s basiclly a theater you can play forge in, placing objects and stuff in the actual match you played 5 minutes ago, i think this would work since you can’t go through people in theater now can you?
> Meaning that there is acutal model’s walking around if that makes sense.

Ok so I think I got it.

Its forge where you can place down a bunch of different objects that woulnd’t be forable for theater purpose.

So you can make spartans and command them what to do… and then you can make special effects happen like forging, but then right away you can switch back to theater within the same game.

Is that kinda how it would work?

I’m actully not quite sure how this would work, but i have good ideas.

I meant like everything is like it was in that game 5 min’s ago but you can walk in there with your spartan and rewind it and stuff.

But what you said game me a brilliant idea, like you walk around in theater 2.0 and you press a button to record, you do the thing you were going to record (let’s say you walk forward and shoot) then you press done, there you have you walking forward and shooting. Then you walk in front of that spartan (recorded to walk and shoot), and you stand like lets say 10 meters away from him, then you press record again, and you just stand there and let the recorded spartan kill you, then press done. There you have a scene with one spartan(the first thing you recorded) going forward shooting another spartan (the second motion you recorded.) There is a scene, then you make another and blam, you’ve got a Machinima.

> I’m actully not quite sure how this would work, but i have good ideas.
>
> I meant like everything is like it was in that game 5 min’s ago but you can walk in there with your spartan and rewind it and stuff.
>
> But what you said game me a brilliant idea, like you walk around in theater 2.0 and you press a button to record, you do the thing you were going to record (let’s say you walk forward and shoot) then you press done, there you have you walking forward and shooting. Then you walk in front of that spartan (recorded to walk and shoot), and you stand like lets say 10 meters away from him, then you press record again, and you just stand there and let the recorded spartan kill you, then press done. There you have a scene with one spartan(the first thing you recorded) going forward shooting another spartan (the second motion you recorded.) There is a scene, then you make another and blam, you’ve got a Machinima.

I will think of it like this.

Sooooo like how chess is in Reach. You fly into your spartan to do a move then you leave him and it goes back to before you did your movements then you can film that with your specific angles etc.

> I will think of it like this.
>
> Sooooo like how chess is in Reach. You fly into your spartan to do a move then you leave him and it goes back to before you did your movements then you can film that with your specific angles etc.

Something like that yeah, but i think it would be better that you’re a spartan right, you press a button and the armor menu comes up, you chose your armor, then you go to the shoot area, then you press a button, you do the move, then press done, then you respawn after pressing done, and if you go back the spartan is standing there and you can press play and he does the move and you can rewind and tweak and such.

It’s like the hologram, it’s another spartan, but at the same time it’s you.

> > I will think of it like this.
> >
> > Sooooo like how chess is in Reach. You fly into your spartan to do a move then you leave him and it goes back to before you did your movements then you can film that with your specific angles etc.
>
> Something like that yeah, but i think it would be better that you’re a spartan right, you press a button and the armor menu comes up, you chose your armor, then you go to the shoot area, then you press a button, you do the move, then press done, then you respawn after pressing done, and if you go back the spartan is standing there and you can press play and he does the move and you can rewind and tweak and such.
>
> It’s like the hologram, it’s another spartan, but at the same time it’s you.

Wow this is very complicating to completely grasp!

> Wow this is very complicating to completely grasp!

I can imagine it perfectly fine, but when it comes to explain it in text it’s hard, i’m going to try to draw it.

Here it is: Read it from first to fifth.

First
Second
Third
fourth
Fifth

I’ve been screaming for some kind of Kinect / theater / motion-capture application since Kinect was announced. I think that would be a dream come true for machinima makers.

VERY SMALL BUT HELPFUL EDITOR!

Theater can have a small editor. Just so you can film your clips in the right angles and ETC. then stick them all together and Capture (Will HELP FOR MONTAGE AND MACHINIMA PEOPLE!)

EDIT: For people with Kinect you can take a picture of your self and place it inside the spartan helmet so you are The SPARTAN!

> Maybe it would be better if they released a Halo 4 as normal, but then you could buy the Halo 4: Theater Pack, which would come with all the stuff you said, and you would be able to access all you saved files that you created on Halo 4, IDK

I think that would be a pretty good idea, and if you got the legendary edition of Halo 4, it could come with it, too.

> > Maybe it would be better if they released a Halo 4 as normal, but then you could buy the Halo 4: Theater Pack, which would come with all the stuff you said, and you would be able to access all you saved files that you created on Halo 4, IDK
>
> I think that would be a pretty good idea, and if you got the legendary edition of Halo 4, it could come with it, too.

You’re saying that because you’re going to buy the legendary edition aren’t you?

> VERY SMALL BUT HELPFUL EDITOR!
>
> Theater can have a small editor. Just so you can film your clips in the right angles and ETC. then stick them all together and Capture (Will HELP FOR MONTAGE AND MACHINIMA PEOPLE!)
>
> EDIT: For people with Kinect you can take a picture of your self and place it inside the spartan helmet so you are The SPARTAN!

This would be perfect for Rooster teeth and FBwalshy.