Machinima Revive Alliance!

Look, the concept of Machinima is the use of any genre by any video game, not some stupid commentary or montage made by a 8 year old playing cod. Yet, if you go to youtube, google videos… You find that there is no good Machinima anymore; Machinima is dying

So in the MRA, we hope to get a revival of Machinima directors, actors, editors, writers, and voice actors, to for a place where we can all go back into making Machinima. If any Machinima director (or any other one in the list) have some ideas, want to join, please reply and we can see if this can work. As now, I’ve seen 2 people to do, going back to 2008, there were hundreds of Machinima directors.

Machinima Directors:
Armor Juan
Mudkip Effect
Halom4n

Writers:
Mudkip Effect

Voice Actors
Armor Juan
IDKwhatName2Say

Body Actors:
Armor Juan
IDKwhatName2Say

Editors:

MudKip Effect

===================================
I think, therefore I am - Ayn Rand

I’m a machinima directo looking for people to be in my films. I would like to join your group of machinima people. The main machinima I’m going to be directing is going to start in reach and flow into H4. Here is the trailer I made in an hour.TRAILER I had to use sony vegas home studio which is just terrible for film making. I started a new job so I’ll be buying after effects soon. Please get back to me soon.

Hey now we have 2 directors now yay. Also I reccomend that you take an online course or watch tons of hours on youtube because after effects is HARD TO DO. Trust me.

I would love to join, and I’ve got a reasonably good idea for a 7-part epic made in Reach, but I don’t have the resources (a capture card, because theater footage comes out too grainy) or the manpower, although I have the entire series planned out, and could have a full script ready by this time next month.

If you want to know anything about the series, just ask. I’d love to have it made, and it would require very little in the way of outside special effects work.

count me in as a director :smiley:

I know I got the trial version.I had no Idea how to do anything. Sony vegas is what I use to render videos, but I want after effects because its better for film making

Also you should put my name in writer and editor because I do both.

> I would love to join, and I’ve got a reasonably good idea for a 7-part epic made in Reach, but I don’t have the resources (a capture card, because theater footage comes out too grainy) or the manpower, although I have the entire series planned out, and could have a full script ready by this time next month.
>
> If you want to know anything about the series, just ask. I’d love to have it made, and it would require very little in the way of outside special effects work.

Well making a 7 part machinima having the script done that easily is not going to be good. It would at least be 20 - 30 pages if your thinking of setting, exposition, turning point, body actors… I reccomend you to get a normal capture card.

> > I would love to join, and I’ve got a reasonably good idea for a 7-part epic made in Reach, but I don’t have the resources (a capture card, because theater footage comes out too grainy) or the manpower, although I have the entire series planned out, and could have a full script ready by this time next month.
> >
> > If you want to know anything about the series, just ask. I’d love to have it made, and it would require very little in the way of outside special effects work.
>
> Well making a 7 part machinima having the script done that easily is not going to be good. It would at least be 20 - 30 pages if your thinking of setting, exposition, turning point, body actors… I reccomend you to get a normal capture card.

1. I’ve already got 7 pages of the script simply for the first episode. I’ve been thinking this over for a while, and have the entire plot (even much of the dialogue) pretty much all in my head. I’ve even got armor planned out for the main characters, and the kind of qualities I’d need from their voice actors, as well as the locations that the series would be shot in (some of which take place in the campaign, where I have the setting planned to avoid AI enemies). Trust me, I don’t have much experience with Machinima, but I’ve put a lot more thought into this than you seem to think.

2. On an unrelated note, can you sign me up as a voice actor AND body actor, and possibly a writer (I know I haven’t really proven myself when it comes to Machinima, so I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t want to put me on the writers’ list yet)

Edit:
3. One final thing:
Is there a particular problem with using copyrighted music, as long as you give credit to its owners? I plan on composing much of my music through FL Studio and Native Instruments Massive, but I have a couple of scenes planned out where this would work really well.

> Edit:
> 3. One final thing:
> Is there a particular problem with using copyrighted music, as long as you give credit to its owners? I plan on composing much of my music through FL Studio and Native Instruments Massive, but I have a couple of scenes planned out where this would work really well.

Yes, DO NOT use any copyrighted music, because your videos can be taken out of youtube due to copyright issues.

> > Edit:
> > 3. One final thing:
> > Is there a particular problem with using copyrighted music, as long as you give credit to its owners? I plan on composing much of my music through FL Studio and Native Instruments Massive, but I have a couple of scenes planned out where this would work really well.
>
> Yes, DO NOT use any copyrighted music, because your videos can be taken out of youtube due to copyright issues.

Thanks, man (-Yoink!-, I love that song). Oh well, given a few hours in FL Studio, I’ll be able to come up with something along the same lines.

Have you directed or written many Machinimas before? I’m assuming you have, and if you’re experienced enough, I’d like a few tips, please. I’d love to get started on my series before Halo 4 comes out, and I think I’ve watched enough good movies in my day to convey the tone I want for my series, but a capture card seems like a bit steep of an investment for me, as well as some of the better video editing software out there. Any tips for a beginner?

> > > Edit:
> > > 3. One final thing:
> > > Is there a particular problem with using copyrighted music, as long as you give credit to its owners? I plan on composing much of my music through FL Studio and Native Instruments Massive, but I have a couple of scenes planned out where this would work really well.
> >
> > Yes, DO NOT use any copyrighted music, because your videos can be taken out of youtube due to copyright issues.
>
> Thanks, man (-Yoink!-, I love that song). Oh well, given a few hours in FL Studio, I’ll be able to come up with something along the same lines.
>
> Have you directed or written many Machinimas before? I’m assuming you have, and if you’re experienced enough, I’d like a few tips, please. I’d love to get started on my series before Halo 4 comes out, and I think I’ve watched enough good movies in my day to convey the tone I want for my series, but a capture card seems like a bit steep of an investment for me, as well as some of the better video editing software out there. Any tips for a beginner?

All of my machinima’s that I made are either erased or stored privately, but if you need help on editing I would give you an old link I gave to some other machinimators.

Also, watch a guide that digitalph33r (when he made machinima not just arby and the chief). And one important thing I learned is this, you will always have to re edit all your scenes to have a decent video (please learn this!).

> > > > Edit:
> > > > 3. One final thing:
> > > > Is there a particular problem with using copyrighted music, as long as you give credit to its owners? I plan on composing much of my music through FL Studio and Native Instruments Massive, but I have a couple of scenes planned out where this would work really well.
> > >
> > > Yes, DO NOT use any copyrighted music, because your videos can be taken out of youtube due to copyright issues.
> >
> > Thanks, man (-Yoink!-, I love that song). Oh well, given a few hours in FL Studio, I’ll be able to come up with something along the same lines.
> >
> > Have you directed or written many Machinimas before? I’m assuming you have, and if you’re experienced enough, I’d like a few tips, please. I’d love to get started on my series before Halo 4 comes out, and I think I’ve watched enough good movies in my day to convey the tone I want for my series, but a capture card seems like a bit steep of an investment for me, as well as some of the better video editing software out there. Any tips for a beginner?
>
> All of my machinima’s that I made are either erased or stored privately, but if you need help on editing I would give you an old link I gave to some other machinimators.
>
> http://machinimalliance.forumotion.com/t17-questions-about-making-machinima-or-in-help-click-here
>
> Also, watch a guide that digitalph33r (when he made machinima not just arby and the chief). And one important thing I learned is this, you will always have to re edit all your scenes to have a decent video (please learn this!).

What do you mean by re-edit?

> > > > > Edit:
> > > > > 3. One final thing:
> > > > > Is there a particular problem with using copyrighted music, as long as you give credit to its owners? I plan on composing much of my music through FL Studio and Native Instruments Massive, but I have a couple of scenes planned out where this would work really well.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, DO NOT use any copyrighted music, because your videos can be taken out of youtube due to copyright issues.
> > >
> > > Thanks, man (-Yoink!-, I love that song). Oh well, given a few hours in FL Studio, I’ll be able to come up with something along the same lines.
> > >
> > > Have you directed or written many Machinimas before? I’m assuming you have, and if you’re experienced enough, I’d like a few tips, please. I’d love to get started on my series before Halo 4 comes out, and I think I’ve watched enough good movies in my day to convey the tone I want for my series, but a capture card seems like a bit steep of an investment for me, as well as some of the better video editing software out there. Any tips for a beginner?
> >
> > All of my machinima’s that I made are either erased or stored privately, but if you need help on editing I would give you an old link I gave to some other machinimators.
> >
> > http://machinimalliance.forumotion.com/t17-questions-about-making-machinima-or-in-help-click-here
> >
> > Also, watch a guide that digitalph33r (when he made machinima not just arby and the chief). And one important thing I learned is this, you will always have to re edit all your scenes to have a decent video (please learn this!).
>
> What do you mean by re-edit?

Your going to theater mode and you believe that you have an amazing camera angle, you think that after this, you edit it, and your video looks amazing. The truth is, your going to have some pretty bad angle scenes which you have to cut it, go back to theater, and try to film a better angle.

im very interested in the machinima ,add me on live ,i sent a request

I accepted you , also bump!