Machinima live stream Halo 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_o9y79QrIE

After watching this stream for about an hour, I’ve come to the conclusion that Infinity slayer is the most stupid and random gametype on Halo 4. The one game which sealed the deal on stupidity was a BTB infinty slayer game on Valhalla.

At one point in the game there was someone top mid with a laser, 2 banshees were up, 2 mantis’s were up, someone using a binary rifle, and I saw at least 3 regular sniper rifles on the map. As I watched people get ordinanace drop’s, they were able to get the fuel rod, gravity hammer, sniper rifle, railgun, and I think a concussion rifle. This was only from watching two people and their POV’s, just imagine how much random ordinance the other players were able to call in. Let me remind you that this was all in ONE match! Every single person in that game had a constant supply of some kind of power weapon.

Oh and I forgot to say that I even saw a guy sprinting in one of the enemy teams base with a SWORD on VALHALLA.

I thought the ordinance drops were going to have subtle changes. Like a SAW, Scattershot, regular shotgun, grenades, power ups, rail guns, and other things of that nature.

This is the biggest random fest I have ever seen in my life. This is honestly disapointing to watch. Everything is going to be so unpredictable in infinity slayer … Getting hammered on Valhalla, getting binary rifled, beam rifled, lasered, fuel roded, sniped and etc.

What was the thought process behind this ordinance system? This thing belongs in custom games, this is a joke. The guys who are playing are horrible as well, and they got around 2-3 drops in a game and were getting dominated. You can also see that they get a MASSIVE amount of XP from losing the game. Please tell me that there will be traditional playlists because I don’t want to play INVASION SLAYER renamed into INFINITY SLAYER BUT THE DROPS ARE 10X more prominent.

God this is hard to watch.

It’s like 343i sat down one day and were like,“Hey I really life FIESTA SLAYER and INVASION SLAYER … why don’t we combine the two and create INFINTY SLAYER!”

Gravity hammer, fuel rods, and binary rifles in a PERSONAL ordinance drop … what a joke.

Infinity slayer is the most random and unpredictable gametype on Halo 4. All I hear in this live stream is “WABUM”, because of how many ordinance drops are falling from the sky. I’m seeing more SAW’s and other random power weapons than there are actual AR’s, BR’s, DMR’s and etc.

Infinty slayer is just another version of fiesta. Shame that the majority of matchmaking playlists are Fiesta slayer … I mean Infinity slayer. At least I can go into ranked classic playlists … Oh wait I forgot, a couple of boosters/de-rankers removed the whole thing from everyone who played legit.

sigh

EDIT: I probably shouldn’t be so much of a negative Nancy, but Infinity slayer is the most stupid gametype I have ever seen. Everything else I am seeing in the game seems okay.

Looks pretty ballanced. I’m increasingly getting the sense that hardlight shield might be a game stopping ability that needs to be nerfed though.

Those “guys” who are playing are Sark and some other dude who work at Machinima. You do know that right?

> Those “guys” who are playing are Sark and some other dude who work at Machinima. You do know that right?

Okay, big deal?

From what i played it seems balanced and the most fun i had.

They are all custom games, the chance of getting the better weapons were probably higher to show off the power weapons more.

> They are all custom games, the chance of getting the better weapons were probably higher to show off the power weapons more.

They are in actual MATCHMAKING. They are leveling up and searching for players …

I have the same concern. I didn’t like in halo 3 how players would always have an equipment/power weapon/power up in team slayer, and it wasn’t very common to just have a straight BR fight. At least that’s how I remember it.

I also saw a video of gameplay on ragnarok and thought the same thing you were talking about. It’s hard to have situational awareness when everybody can have all sorts of weapons drop for them.

This and promethean vision are my biggest concerns. I don’t look forward to being xrayed all the time either.

> I have the same concern. I didn’t like in halo 3 how players would always have an equipment/power weapon/power up in team slayer, and it wasn’t very common to just have a straight BR fight. At least that’s how I remember it.
>
> I also saw a video of gameplay on ragnarok and thought the same thing you were talking about. It’s hard to have situational awareness when everybody can have all sorts of weapons drop for them.
>
> This and promethean vision are my biggest concerns. I don’t look forward to being xrayed all the time either.

I just saw someone call in a spartan laser on BTB exile in a personal ordinance drop.

I facepalmed.

EDIT: I just saw Sark call in an incineration cannon in a personal ordinance drop …

Everyone is going to be running around with power weapons in Infity slayer (Fiesta slayer)