Machine gun Gungooses (Gungeese?)

I’ve been playing some MCC lately (and I’m infinitely thankful that it’s about 85% working for me) and I was quite surprised to see a machine gun Gungoose. I did terribly in it, and the thing didn’t seem too well implemented, but the concept seemed like a lot of fun. I’m a fan of the GL Gungoose in Halo 5, but I think a machine gun variant would be a lot of fun, too. Maybe even with a high REQ variant with a railgun, idk…

I once thought of the exact same thing with a Warthog, where it would have a fixed pair of forward-facing machine guns so the driver can still fight on their own.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I once thought of the exact same thing with a Warthog, where it would have a fixed pair of forward-facing machine guns so the driver can still fight on their own.

That could be cool, like a Transport Hog with machine guns for the driver in the front and back seats for passengers to use their weapons from. What should it be called? Hedgehog? Armadillo? Micro Pig? The UNSC’s gonna run out of animals to name their vehicles after :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274849069111;3:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I once thought of the exact same thing with a Warthog, where it would have a fixed pair of forward-facing machine guns so the driver can still fight on their own.
>
> That could be cool, like a Transport Hog with machine guns for the driver in the front and back seats for passengers to use their weapons from. What should it be called? Hedgehog? Armadillo? Micro Pig? The UNSC’s gonna run out of animals to name their vehicles after :stuck_out_tongue:

Either the “Attack Hog” or “Pursuit Hog”.

> 2533274849069111;1:
> Maybe even with a high REQ variant with a railgun, idk…

Haxor73 would be all over this

> 2533274971565732;5:
> > 2533274849069111;1:
> > Maybe even with a high REQ variant with a railgun, idk…
>
> HaXoR73 would be all over this

Yes…yes I would.

>:D

Maybe a sword gungoose that shoots plasma grenades and maybe projects an energy shield around the driver or just boosts their shield strength. (to go with the sword hog) It can also be colored red and have cool designs like the sword hog. Idk I just love the gungoose and the sword warthog.

> 2535454240589041;7:
> Maybe a sword gungoose that shoots plasma grenades and maybe projects an energy shield around the driver or just boosts their shield strength. (to go with the sword hog) It can also be colored red and have cool designs like the sword hog. Idk I just love the gungoose and the sword warthog.

That would be pretty cool. The Gungoose needs some TLC.

> 2533274849069111;3:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I once thought of the exact same thing with a Warthog, where it would have a fixed pair of forward-facing machine guns so the driver can still fight on their own.
>
> That could be cool, like a Transport Hog with machine guns for the driver in the front and back seats for passengers to use their weapons from. What should it be called? Hedgehog? Armadillo? Micro Pig? The UNSC’s gonna run out of animals to name their vehicles after :stuck_out_tongue:

The hedgehog sounds badass

Honestly, I was so devastated that the Gungoose was replaced with a grenade variant in Halo 5.

I don’t know, it’s just so… annoying to use?

I loved that they were bringing offensive capabilities back to the Mongoose (it was originally planned for the driver to use their current weapon while driving, as far back as Halo 2), but the Halo 5 Gungoose just feels clumsy and totally unrealistic (I know it’s SciFi and a videogame you cheeky little…) because an endless supply of grenade munitions seems a bit much for such a small vehicle (yes I also know that belt-fed .50AE equivalent or whatever they are, are also insanely heavy, but hey).

On top of all that, I miss how effective it was over fairly decent range; the Halo 5 Gungoose just isn’t as effective at similar ranges.

I agree. I’d love to see the H2A Gungoose become a REQ.

I honestly like the grenade launchers better (helps to make it it different than a ghost that cant boost)