MA5D Discussion

The MA5D has to be one of, if not THE best Assault Rifle in Halo history, I love this weapon and am Baffled by how people think its just a “n00b” weapon.

Micro-bursting this weapon like its semi-auto or even 3 round bursting it like BR makes it a deadly weapon to be reckoned with, I don’t understand how people just see it as a simple trade off weapon.

Thoughts?

It’s great, and scopes only make it better.

It’s a noob weapon. Using it in any match for just a few minutes will make this self evident, yet somehow there’s a fringe who insists it takes skill anyways. It’s a powerful weapon, but it’s still a damn noob weapon.

I like to use the scoped version at the beginning of Warzone assault, because I can just spray with it and leave half the enemy team one-shot for easy cleanups. Ended one match with like 30 assists.

Agreed, burst firing this weapon makes it extremely potent at medium range, and used right it can outplay any BR in close range.

Also you do know this thread is probably gonna attract the BR elites like flies to honey right?

Well it is way more effective than the older models that’s for sure

> 2533274884387290;4:
> Agreed, burst firing this weapon makes it extremely potent at medium range, and used right it can outplay any BR in close range.
>
> Also you do know this thread is probably gonna attract the BR elites like flies to honey right?

Too late lol

> 2533274819302824;3:
> It’s a noob weapon. Using it in any match for just a few minutes will make this self evident, yet somehow there’s a fringe who insists it takes skill anyways. It’s a powerful weapon, but it’s still a damn noob weapon.
>
> I like to use the scoped version at the beginning of Warzone assault, because I can just spray with it and leave half the enemy team one-shot for easy cleanups. Ended one match with like 30 assists.

It does indeed take skill, anyone can sit there and spray but you need to aim and to effectively take someone down. Aim for the head

No, you really don’t. Just bewildering you guys continue to claim this.

I love it.

Personally, Halo 5: Guardians feels very much like a “right tool for the job” kind of game.

So between the MA5D and M6H2 I feel more than capable to defend myself in a variety of situations.

> 2533274819302824;3:
> It’s a noob weapon. Using it in any match for just a few minutes will make this self evident, yet somehow there’s a fringe who insists it takes skill anyways. It’s a powerful weapon, but it’s still a damn noob weapon.
>
> I like to use the scoped version at the beginning of Warzone assault, because I can just spray with it and leave half the enemy team one-shot for easy cleanups. Ended one match with like 30 assists.

And yet, my arrogant friend, I have a better KD than you do in Warzone and Arena, using… That’s right, the Assault Rifle!

> 2533274884387290;9:
> > 2533274819302824;3:
> > It’s a noob weapon. Using it in any match for just a few minutes will make this self evident, yet somehow there’s a fringe who insists it takes skill anyways. It’s a powerful weapon, but it’s still a damn noob weapon.
> >
> > I like to use the scoped version at the beginning of Warzone assault, because I can just spray with it and leave half the enemy team one-shot for easy cleanups. Ended one match with like 30 assists.
>
>
> And yet, my arrogant friend, I have a better KD than you do in Warzone and Arena, using… That’s right, the Assault Rifle!

Thanks for proving my point I guess.

> 2533274819302824;10:
> > 2533274884387290;9:
> > > 2533274819302824;3:
> > > It’s a noob weapon. Using it in any match for just a few minutes will make this self evident, yet somehow there’s a fringe who insists it takes skill anyways. It’s a powerful weapon, but it’s still a damn noob weapon.
> > >
> > > I like to use the scoped version at the beginning of Warzone assault, because I can just spray with it and leave half the enemy team one-shot for easy cleanups. Ended one match with like 30 assists.
> >
> >
> > And yet, my arrogant friend, I have a better KD than you do in Warzone and Arena, using… That’s right, the Assault Rifle!
>
>
> Thanks for proving my point I guess.

My point being, that despite you using the BR in Warzone, I checked BTW, I am still outplaying you using what you consider to be a noob weapon. I consistently outshoot BR wielders in close combat over and over, of course at range the tables are turned.

He’s been brain washed into thinking the BR=Halo.

1.) you HAVE to get the first shot with the AR

2.) You HAVE to land every bullet to kill the enemy, it’s not a guaranteed shot like the pistol, BR, or DMR

3.) you still need to bob and weave with the AR to be successful

Yes it can be used at a distance but it won’t be as beneficial as the BR or even pistol, I don’t see why people freak out about being killed by it from afar

> He’s been brain washed into thinking the BR=Halo.

Laughing. My. -Yoink-. Off.

I don’t even like the BR man. Had it my way that gun would’ve been tossed from the franchise long ago.

> 2533274884387290;9:
> > 2533274819302824;3:
> > It’s a noob weapon. Using it in any match for just a few minutes will make this self evident, yet somehow there’s a fringe who insists it takes skill anyways. It’s a powerful weapon, but it’s still a damn noob weapon.
> >
> > I like to use the scoped version at the beginning of Warzone assault, because I can just spray with it and leave half the enemy team one-shot for easy cleanups. Ended one match with like 30 assists.
>
>
> And yet, my arrogant friend, I have a better KD than you do in Warzone and Arena, using… That’s right, the Assault Rifle!

You’re still proving his point…

EDIT: Bah, wrong quote. I meant your last post.

> 2533274819302824;13:
> > He’s been brain washed into thinking the BR=Halo.
>
>
> Laughing. My. -Yoink-. Off.
>
> I don’t even like the BR man. Had it my way that gun would’ve been tossed from the franchise long ago.

Then why are you freaking out about the AR?

you still have to aim with it, sorry if you run into camping AR users, but they could’ve used any weapon to ambush you with and it still been annoying

People (including myself) classify it as a noob weapon because it’s just random spray n’ pray. Yeah, the semi-auto or short-controlled-bursts may be a lot more skill-based. The problem is, using those techniques isn’t really required. Some majority of the Assault Rifle users tend to spray n’ pray all the time, and they score a good amount of kills with it. If players are able to use the weapon in a nooby way and be rewards with it (by kills), that’s why many consider it noobish.

Personally, here’s what I would’ve done with the Assault Rifle. The first few rounds in a burst deal a little higher damage, while spray n’ pray is weaker. That would make spray n’ pray extremely difficult to do, and most times players would die by attempting to use the weapon in a noobish way. The skill-based way of using the Assault Rifle would be essentially the ONLY way of using the Assault Rifle, which would thus remove the noobiness from the weapon. They need to find a way of further discouraging spray n’ pray tactics.

Now, I actually believe spray n’ pray can be done well too, but the concept has to be implemented better. I’d prefer that to be done with the SMG, which also should be rebalanced. I’d give the weapon some massive vertical recoil, it would essentially be the H2 recoil on steroids. The recoil would also start immediately when firing, instead of having a delay before the recoil begins. This would mean that keeping the crosshair pinned down on enemies would both be a lot more challenging to do, since managing the recoil is a lot tougher of a process. Not to mention, the spread or falloff damage would mean you would also have to get into near point-blank range, just like the SMG already is. As far as the SMG goes, once you’re in range, there’s not really much you have to worry about, which is why I consider it noobish. But if you drastically increase the recoil, and make the weapon based more around the recoil management, that wouldn’t be an issue. And it would still deal enough damage to be rewarding at that close range, the player would just need to learn how to be accurate with it.

But back to the Assault Rifle. Part of the reason I disapprove of it being a starting weapon, that’s because Halo always had stronger emphasis on precision, and a spray n’ pray starting weapon heavily contrasts that aspect of the formula. HOWEVER if they implemented my suggestion, it would ensure that spray n’ pray would no longer be an option. This means that the Assault Rifle would actually feature a stronger element of precision, so that would better keep the weapon in-line with the core formula which was established in the previous games. While it would still technically be an automatic, it would instead always be used like a short-controlled-burst weapon, as you’d get immediately cream-stomped by other players for recklessly mashing down the trigger. In a sense, the Assault Rifle would BECOME a precision weapon, which I believe is the route they should go in Halo 6.

So in short terms, increase the recoil, damage and keep the headshot multiplier.

make it feel like a heavy rounds weapon like The Scar H in battlefield 4. I could get behind a heavy AR

But I think people shouldn’t classify the AR as a nooby weapon, it’s easy to use sure, but to use it properly and do well with it is another story. You want an easier weapon use the smg (which is what people do)

> 2533274871929668;12:
> He’s been brain washed into thinking the BR=Halo.
>
> 1.) you HAVE to get the first shot with the AR
>
> 2.) You HAVE to land every bullet to kill the enemy, it’s not a guaranteed shot like the pistol, BR, or DMR
>
> 3.) you still need to bob and weave with the AR to be successful
>
> Yes it can be used at a distance but it won’t be as beneficial as the BR or even pistol, I don’t see why people freak out about being killed by it from afar

  1. No, you really don’t. You can be the first one landing shots on the enemy, but the randomness of the bloom may cause you to miss afterward. And then your target might be more lucky to you, where the bloom allows THEIR shots to land more than yours.

  2. But hitting your shots can be a matter of blind luck, due to how the bloom operates. If the AR’s bloom is expanded, the only thing which determines whether the bullet lands or not becomes pure randomness that’s decided by the game. Once the bloom is open, your player skill does not determine where your bullet lands, that’s RNG, it’s essentially a dice roll. Just hope the game lands your bullet in the right place.

  3. What does the term “bob and weave” even mean? Can you say it in English? Oh…are you talking about strafing? Well, the pistol, BR, and DMR feature the strafing too! So that’s not really anything unique which the AR has above the precision weapons. Both the AR and BR feature strafing in full capacity. But the thing is, the Battle Rifle has an EXTRA TYPE of skill in addition to the strafing, which is actually the precision itself.

Tell me what sounds more skillful.
Assault Rifle

  • Having to strafe.

  • When using continuous fire, the randomness of the bloom is the main factor which decides whether your bullet hits the target.
    Battle Rifle

  • Having to strafe.

  • Whether your bullet lands is determined ONLY by player accuracy, rather than having an element of RNG and luck.In a direct comparison. The BR’s aiming is based around player’s own accuracy. The AR’s aiming is more heavily based around luck than the BR. Both weapons feature strafing. I’m sorry bro, but luck is the polar opposite of skill, because that’s a random decision made by the game, rather than how the good the player is.

So you’re saying its luck that’s doing the aiming?

And it’s luck that’s burst firing the weapon and making sure the reticule stays on the enemy?

> 2533274871929668;17:
> So in short terms, increase the recoil, damage and keep the headshot multiplier.
>
> make it feel like a heavy rounds weapon like The Scar H in battlefield 4. I could get behind a heavy AR
>
> But I think people shouldn’t classify the AR as a nooby weapon, it’s easy to use sure, but to use it properly and do well with it is another story. You want an easier weapon use the smg (which is what people do)

No, when I was talking about recoil, I meant the SMG. I was saying the SMG should be the main spray n’ pray weapon instead, and explaining how that playstyle can actually be made skillful.

The damage wouldn’t be increased from the normal SMG. Maybe it’d be slightly weaker, I’m unsure about whether the H5 one is just a LITTLE too strong, but I really have no idea about the specific level of damage it should have, because the SMG never had that much recoil. You want it to be rewarding enough because the recoil management would be very challenging, it’s a risk vs. reward system, however the damage has to be JUST RIGHT so it isn’t overpowered either.

As for the Assault Rifle, I was saying it should be more heavily based around the short-controlled-bursts. The first few rounds fired at a time would deal higher damage, and continuous fire would be weaker. This would make the Assault Rifle used more like a precision weapon, but still feeling like a traditional automatic. It would also make the Assault Rifle play more unique, instead of just being yet another generic spray weapon when we have enough of those. It’s about maintaining the element of precision with the starting weapon, and also making each weapon play unique.