M247 GPMG from Halo 2

I know the M247s have been in pretty much every Halo game but I absolutely loved the design and power of the Halo 2 version. It would be awesome if it was added in Halo infinite or a later title. It gives the Marines that use it a more “mobile warfare” or “Vietnam” aesthetic, like they could take it off the tripod and move to a better firing position.

I know the SAW pretty much replaced it, but I doubt it rendered the M247 obsolete, and even if it did, I doubt they would’ve been able to produce enough to supply every squad in the UNSC(they probably could, depends on when it was adopted). Maybe the UEG or independent planet government militias or insurrectionist groups still use it.

Anyways, 343, give me this gun in Halo infinite. It looks cool, it sounds cool, it absolutely annihilates spartans and vehicles.
You could nerf it by only giving it a 50 or 100 round belt when not using the tripod and the inability to aim down sights (or smart scope)
And as a side note, you could add an armor piece with ammo belts strapped around it or M247 ammo boxes duct taped to it.(add my gamertag to the lore of that armor piece if you choose to do it)(that might be asking for too much)

It might happen if the UNSC needs to dust off the old tech, and with how Halo Infinte is looking we might get some old weapons back too, but thats a bit speculatory at the moment.

Wouldn’t mind all the turrets making an appearance. Like the tri-barreled one from H3 having a slow climb but the highest dps at full fire. The Reach one with having a good base fire rate with good dps. The H5 one having the highest fire rate being a mini gun but having the highest recoil or something.

Then plasma cannons following similar trend.

shade turrets having better uses than others so the CE one having high vehicle damage. H2 one suited against infantry. The variants of shades in H3 and reach

I miss the Halo CE Shade turret.

> 2533274903577183;1:
> I know the M247s have been in pretty much every Halo game but I absolutely loved the design and power of the Halo 2 version. It would be awesome if it was added in Halo infinite or a later title. It gives the Marines that use it a more “mobile warfare” or “Vietnam” aesthetic, like they could take it off the tripod and move to a better firing position.
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/9b/94/939b94b06ea11991fc94296bfc49be0c.png
>
> I know the SAW pretty much replaced it, but I doubt it rendered the M247 obsolete, and even if it did, I doubt they would’ve been able to produce enough to supply every squad in the UNSC(they probably could, depends on when it was adopted). Maybe the UEG or independent planet government militias or insurrectionist groups still use it.
>
> Anyways, 343, give me this gun in Halo infinite. It looks cool, it sounds cool, it absolutely annihilates spartans and vehicles.
> You could nerf it by only giving it a 50 or 100 round belt when not using the tripod and the inability to aim down sights (or smart scope)
> And as a side note, you could add an armor piece with ammo belts strapped around it or M247 ammo boxes duct taped to it.(add my gamertag to the lore of that armor piece if you choose to do it)(that might be asking for too much)

They wouldn’t add your gamertag to a weapon’s lore, that’d just be stupid.

> 2533274857165616;3:
> Wouldn’t mind all the turrets making an appearance. Like the tri-barreled one from H3 having a slow climb but the highest dps at full fire. The Reach one with having a good base fire rate with good dps. The H5 one having the highest fire rate being a mini gun but having the highest recoil or something.
>
> Then plasma cannons following similar trend.
>
> shade turrets having better uses than others so the CE one having high vehicle damage. H2 one suited against infantry. The variants of shades in H3 and reach

They could add the half destroyed Warthog from The Ark mission in Halo 3. Or even add half destroyed vehicles to forge.

> 2533274903577183;6:
> > 2533274857165616;3:
> > Wouldn’t mind all the turrets making an appearance. Like the tri-barreled one from H3 having a slow climb but the highest dps at full fire. The Reach one with having a good base fire rate with good dps. The H5 one having the highest fire rate being a mini gun but having the highest recoil or something.
> >
> > Then plasma cannons following similar trend.
> >
> > shade turrets having better uses than others so the CE one having high vehicle damage. H2 one suited against infantry. The variants of shades in H3 and reach
>
> They could add the half destroyed Warthog from The Ark mission in Halo 3. Or even add half destroyed vehicles to forge.

Stationary Hog guns like in ODST would be a welcome thing as well. Anyone remember those from the SvE mod in Reach?
In relation to the earlier comment about turrets…I would be well down for this. SO LONG as they were actually USEFUL. Seriously, I feel like 3 was the last time you could really use a machine gun turret and not instantly get basted.
The ONI Chaingun was a step in the right direction. Dump the overheat mechanic from anything with more than one barrel and you should be set (seriously how does a gun with SIX BARRELS overheat so fast)

> 2533274907200114;7:
> > 2533274903577183;6:
> > > 2533274857165616;3:
> > > Wouldn’t mind all the turrets making an appearance. Like the tri-barreled one from H3 having a slow climb but the highest dps at full fire. The Reach one with having a good base fire rate with good dps. The H5 one having the highest fire rate being a mini gun but having the highest recoil or something.
> > >
> > > Then plasma cannons following similar trend.
> > >
> > > shade turrets having better uses than others so the CE one having high vehicle damage. H2 one suited against infantry. The variants of shades in H3 and reach
> >
> > They could add the half destroyed Warthog from The Ark mission in Halo 3. Or even add half destroyed vehicles to forge.
>
> Stationary Hog guns like in ODST would be a welcome thing as well. Anyone remember those from the SvE mod in Reach?
> In relation to the earlier comment about turrets…I would be well down for this. SO LONG as they were actually USEFUL. Seriously, I feel like 3 was the last time you could really use a machine gun turret and not instantly get basted.
> The ONI Chaingun was a step in the right direction. Dump the overheat mechanic from anything with more than one barrel and you should be set (seriously how does a gun with SIX BARRELS overheat so fast)

I remember those, they also had them in Halo 4 on the Mammoth.