Lvl 6 REQ at Beginning of Warzone Match?

So I was playing the new Darkstar map yesterday in a Warzone Match and a player had a sniper not even 4 minutes into the game. He only had about 120 points and only had one or two kills when I first noticed he had the sniper.
As far as I know, the sniper isn’t a random pickup in the map? It was a sniper because he was at the West armory and I was outside the Fortress door with the magnum when I saw the glare of his light before getting headshot. Surely this is a bug or an error??
(update: he got it from a random REQ two minutes in) Lucky son if a -yoink-

On a side note: I’ve also been noticing a lot of Nornfang users or sniper users with damage boosts all of a sudden since Ghosts of Meridian release. Anyone else noticing more snipers using them lately? Or just more snipers in Warzone lately?

Random weapon Req?

> 2534615147433705;2:
> Random weapon Req?

I mean, it’s possible. But that feels too lucky for only being a level two at the time.

> 2533274864304862;3:
> > 2534615147433705;2:
> > Random weapon Req?
>
>
> I mean, it’s possible. But that feels too lucky for only being a level two at the time.

Maybe he was at a level 4 while you were at 2? It’s very possible, I do it a lot, so he could have used an Uncommon Random Weapon and got the Sniper.

> 2533274837720524;4:
> > 2533274864304862;3:
> > > 2534615147433705;2:
> > > Random weapon Req?
> >
> >
> > I mean, it’s possible. But that feels too lucky for only being a level two at the time.
>
>
> Maybe he was at a level 4 while you were at 2? It’s very possible, I do it a lot, so he could have used an Uncommon Random Weapon and got the Sniper.

I checked what he was at and he was level 2. It doesn’t seem likely at all to be a level 4 with 120 points. I mean you get like 100 for base capture and 10 per kill? He had two kills so that would still leave him at a lvl 2. I mean if he got a sniper with the common/uncommon random weapons, that’s some luck I guess.

This was just after his team got their first armory capture so this was so early into the match.

It was likely a railgun.

> 2533274875982754;6:
> It was likely a railgun.

I checked in theater. It was a sniper

He probably picked it up from someone who had lvl 4 req random weapon

So what you’re saying is you went into theater and saw the guy was at req level 2, went to a station and got a sniper out of it?

What? So you’ve been to theatre? Just watch the guy you’re talking about for the first 4 minutes and see for your self? You’ll see if he picked it up from a better player or what req level he was on when he got it.

you can get a sniper from a common random weapon card

He might have been at level 3, green randoms can give sniper rifles, beam rifles, even rocket launchers. It is a very low chance but it can happen.

Sniper rifle is only uncommon so getting one from a common random weapon is perfectly feasible, it’s happened to me before. meme of victorious looking kid with fist clenched

Go into Theater mode and see what he did.

It’s easy, pull the game up in theater and watch from his POV. Mystery solved.

Either he reqd better than you or picked one up off a dead guy who reqd better than you.

Theatre mode doesn’t show Req Station interaction.

> 2534615147433705;16:
> Theatre mode doesn’t show Req Station interaction.

Good point. Still, you can check whether he picked it up, or got it from the station, and if he got it from the station it was most likely a random drop.

Never had that happen

It was a REQ unlock of some sort, but he was only a level 2. There’s more to the thread than just his mystery weapon.

As noted I’ve saw a lot of Nornfang users recently since Ghost of Meridian’s update, as well as damage boost snipers. The sniper camping has increased a lot the last few weeks… ;-;

Its probably a random weapon req