Lunge and Sprint

So, how about just get rid of lunging? One reason that people do not like sprint is because some “noob” as they say, can sprint to you and then pummle you down with an energy sword. Surely the Energy Sword will be back in Halo4, or something to replace it. So, why not just remove lunging?

So pretty much what I am saying is that players will not be able to rely on using the sprint and lunge technique. If you see a enemy player sprinting to you with an energy sword, usually what happens is that if that player is in a good close distance, you are dead. If you try to run, the enemy player still has an advantage over you, which is lunging, which allows a player to get the kill even if the other player is sprinting away. So removing lunge will not give players with an energy sword such a big advantage.

Just another idea on how to “fix” sprint, what ya think?

AND DO NOT SAY “REMOVE SPRINT INSTEAD” IT IS IN HALO4, DEAL WITH IT.

So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?

You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.

> So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
>
> You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.

I hate it when ignorant halo fans call sprint a “gimmick”. Try defining the word before using it blindly like your nostalgic peers.

OT: Sprint plus lunge is an issue. But if sprinters are slowed down when shot, then there is no problem. In fact, slowing down solves A LOT of sprint related issues.

> So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
>
> You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.

So I guess when the energy sword was added that was a gimmick too, right? Oh and also stealing enemy vehicles and equipment in Halo3. I can name many things that are gimmicks. Do not start.

> > So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
> >
> > You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.
>
> <mark>I hate it when ignorant halo fans call sprint a “gimmick”. Try defining the word before using it blindly like your nostalgic peers.</mark>
>
> OT: Sprint plus lunge is an issue. But if sprinters are slowed down when shot, then there is no problem. In fact, slowing down solves A LOT of sprint related issues.

this

> > So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
> >
> > You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.
>
> I hate it when ignorant halo fans call sprint a “gimmick”. Try defining the word before using it blindly like your nostalgic peers.
>
> OT: Sprint plus lunge is an issue. But if sprinters are slowed down when shot, then there is no problem. In fact, slowing down solves A LOT of sprint related issues.

Ignorant? I know everything that has been talked about sprint. Slowing down when shot? What If I want the sniper and I shoot you, too bad you got slowed down.

Here’s my logic.

Sprint = an issue
Lunge =/= an issue
Sprint + Lunge =/= an issue

Notice that there’s no issues when sprint isn’t involved?

> > > So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
> > >
> > > You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.
> >
> > I hate it when ignorant halo fans call sprint a “gimmick”. Try defining the word before using it blindly like your nostalgic peers.
> >
> > OT: Sprint plus lunge is an issue. But if sprinters are slowed down when shot, then there is no problem. In fact, slowing down solves A LOT of sprint related issues.
>
> Ignorant? I know everything that has been talked about sprint. Slowing down when shot? What If I want the sniper and I shoot you, too bad you got slowed down.
>
> Here’s my logic.
>
> Sprint = an issue
> Lunge =/= an issue
> Sprint + Lunge =/= an issue
>
> Notice that there’s no issues when sprint isn’t involved?

Sprint is NOT an issue in itself. Sprint in REACH didnt function like it did in halo 3.
(halo fan logic, if it aint like the trilogy, its broken)
So, because of power weapon betrayers, slowing down when sprinting is an issue.
I think the conversation should end here.

Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.

This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.

> > So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
> >
> > You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.
>
> So I guess when the energy sword was added that was a gimmick too, right? Oh and also stealing enemy vehicles and equipment in Halo3. I can name many things that are gimmicks. Do not start.

Lol, I’ll start. The Sword did not promote running away. The Sword did not allow double beat downs to become so common. The Sword is a weapon for close combat, not an ability that has lots of negative points.

What you just called “gimmicks” are a risk taken when using those said things.

There’s no risk with sprint because you can run away if you’re starting to lose a battle.

> So, because of power weapon betrayers, slowing down when sprinting is an issue.
> I think the conversation should end here.

It just started. I named one thing that would make the slowing down trait not work. You can easily shoot an enemy across the map with a DMR/BR and then he can be slowed down to where he cannot reach the weapon in the middle of the map as fast as you. All it takes is that one bullet to ensure you get to the power weapon faster.

Alright I’ll stop there, but NO, I do not believe what made the energy sword awesome should be removed because of sprint.

Lunge should not be removed. However, there needs to be a “cooldown” with melee weapons just like with all other weapons. Basically, a small period of time where you cannot use the weapon or melee when existing sprint.

> Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.
>
> This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.

Gimmick:A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

Fans WANTED sprint since CE they got it, and complained because it was implemented poorly. Doesnt mean sprint in itself is bad. It serves as a practical feature. (adding something like taunts for multiplayer FF voices would be a gimmick. Sprint isnt)

OT:Yes, sword lunge SHOULD be removed when sprinting, but not removed altogether.
Good idea.

> > > So I have to sacrifice what made the Sword awesome, just to make up for a gimmick like sprint?
> > >
> > > You’re addressing the wrong thing. Sprint should be removed, not lunge.
> >
> > So I guess when the energy sword was added that was a gimmick too, right? Oh and also stealing enemy vehicles and equipment in Halo3. I can name many things that are gimmicks. Do not start.
>
> Lol, I’ll start. The Sword did not promote running away. The Sword did not allow double beat downs to become so common. The Sword is a weapon for close combat, not an ability that has lots of negative points.
>
> What you just called “gimmicks” are a risk taken when using those said things.
>
> There’s no risk with sprint because you can run away if you’re starting to lose a battle.
>
>
>
> > So, because of power weapon betrayers, slowing down when sprinting is an issue.
> > I think the conversation should end here.
>
> It just started. I named one thing that would make the slowing down trait not work. You can easily shoot an enemy across the map with a DMR/BR and then he can be slowed down to where he cannot reach the weapon in the middle of the map as fast as you. All it takes is that one bullet to ensure you get to the power weapon faster.
>
> Alright I’ll stop there, but NO, I do not believe what made the energy sword awesome should be removed because of sprint.

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH HALO TURDS SAYING DOUBLE BEAT DOWN WILL RETURN? Jesus christ. We have no health, there will most likely be a bleed through system. You would think that would be obvious.
Slow down players who are get shot while sprinting. Sprint= “fixed”
Halo fans…facepalm

> > Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.
> >
> > This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.
>
> Gimmick:A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
>
> Fans WANTED sprint since CE they got it, and complained because it was implemented poorly. Doesnt mean sprint in itself is bad. It serves as a practical feature. (adding something like taunts for multiplayer FF voices would be a gimmick. Sprint isnt)
>
> OT:Yes, sword lunge SHOULD be removed when sprinting, but not removed altogether.
> Good idea.

I’m sure it’s because they never tried it before… and when it was implemented they realized they didn’t like it. 343 knows the competitive players don’t like sprint, so thats why it’s a gimmick to attract casuals.

I can’t Sword Lunge with sprint in Halo:Reach, I stop sprinting and then I lunge, what are you talking about?

> > > Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.
> > >
> > > This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.
> >
> > Gimmick:A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
> >
> > Fans WANTED sprint since CE they got it, and complained because it was implemented poorly. Doesnt mean sprint in itself is bad. It serves as a practical feature. (adding something like taunts for multiplayer FF voices would be a gimmick. Sprint isnt)
> >
> > OT:Yes, sword lunge SHOULD be removed when sprinting, but not removed altogether.
> > Good idea.
>
> I’m sure it’s because they never tried it before… and when it was implemented they realized they didn’t like it. 343 knows the competitive players don’t like sprint, so thats why it’s a gimmick to attract casuals.
>
> <mark>I can’t Sword Lunge with sprint in Halo:Reach</mark>, I stop sprinting and then I lunge, what are you talking about?

yes you can. Play reach, then come back.
inb4 You say its terrible or some predictable BS.

A gimmick to attract casuals? Really? Is that all the pathetic side of the halo community can conceive. Please.
Its because they never tried it before? Wow. During beta I remember people LOVING sprint. Thinking it was GREAT. Mind you in beta, we sprinted for about 2 seconds less than we do in the final version of reach.
I am a 900 pound genetically augmented superhuman. Who is limited to power-walking.
343 wants to bring things from the books into gameplay. Read the books (I’m sure you haven’t) Spartans, sprint, (A LOT)
Reads book, spartan sprints dozens of kilometers an hour.
Plays game, power walks.
The continuity is lacking.
343 wants us to feel like supersoldiers.
Halo 4’s maps are likely all designed with sprint in mind. You obviously have no idea what it is like behind the curtain of a gaming industry. Maps, controls, mechanics, all based around sprint. Removing that single aspect of the game could effectively delay launch by several months.
JUST STOP.

> > > > Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.
> > > >
> > > > This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.
> > >
> > > Gimmick:A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
> > >
> > > Fans WANTED sprint since CE they got it, and complained because it was implemented poorly. Doesnt mean sprint in itself is bad. It serves as a practical feature. (adding something like taunts for multiplayer FF voices would be a gimmick. Sprint isnt)
> > >
> > > OT:Yes, sword lunge SHOULD be removed when sprinting, but not removed altogether.
> > > Good idea.
> >
> > I’m sure it’s because they never tried it before… and when it was implemented they realized they didn’t like it. 343 knows the competitive players don’t like sprint, so thats why it’s a gimmick to attract casuals.
> >
> > <mark>I can’t Sword Lunge with sprint in Halo:Reach</mark>, I stop sprinting and then I lunge, what are you talking about?
>
> yes you can. Play reach, then come back.
> inb4 You say its terrible or some predictable BS.
>
> A gimmick to attract casuals? Really? Is that all the pathetic side of the halo community can conceive. Please.
>
> I am a 900 pound genetically augmented superhuman. Who is limited to <mark>power-walking.</mark>
> 343 wants to bring things from the books into gameplay. Read the books (I’m sure you haven’t) Spartans, sprint, (A LOT)
> Reads book, spartan sprints dozens of kilometers an hour.
> Plays game, power walks.
> The continuity is lacking.
> 343 wants us to feel like supersoldiers.
> Halo 4’s maps are likely all designed with sprint in mind. You obviously have no idea what it is like behind the curtain of a gaming industry. Maps, controls, mechanics, all based around sprint. Removing that single aspect of the game could effectively delay launch by several months.
> JUST STOP.

Maybe you should look at the spartan models in Halo 4.

You said it! You want logic and realism in gameplay. So we have to sacrifice good mechanics so the game is realistic? Bloom much?

I’d rather remove sprint and later delay then a sooner with sprint.

Why should sprint be removed when spartans got good reflexes and are really fast? They sprint in the book if i dont remember wrong,

Sprint stays and lunge,

Armor lock, jetpack, Active camo,hologram, remove! hate’em

> > > > > Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.
> > > > >
> > > > > This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.
> > > >
> > > > Gimmick:A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
> > > >
> > > > Fans WANTED sprint since CE they got it, and complained because it was implemented poorly. Doesnt mean sprint in itself is bad. It serves as a practical feature. (adding something like taunts for multiplayer FF voices would be a gimmick. Sprint isnt)
> > > >
> > > > OT:Yes, sword lunge SHOULD be removed when sprinting, but not removed altogether.
> > > > Good idea.
> > >
> > > I’m sure it’s because they never tried it before… and when it was implemented they realized they didn’t like it. 343 knows the competitive players don’t like sprint, so thats why it’s a gimmick to attract casuals.
> > >
> > > <mark>I can’t Sword Lunge with sprint in Halo:Reach</mark>, I stop sprinting and then I lunge, what are you talking about?
> >
> > yes you can. Play reach, then come back.
> > inb4 You say its terrible or some predictable BS.
> >
> > A gimmick to attract casuals? Really? Is that all the pathetic side of the halo community can conceive. Please.
> >
> > I am a 900 pound genetically augmented superhuman. Who is limited to <mark>power-walking.</mark>
> > 343 wants to bring things from the books into gameplay. Read the books (I’m sure you haven’t) Spartans, sprint, (A LOT)
> > Reads book, spartan sprints dozens of kilometers an hour.
> > Plays game, power walks.
> > The continuity is lacking.
> > 343 wants us to feel like supersoldiers.
> > Halo 4’s maps are likely all designed with sprint in mind. You obviously have no idea what it is like behind the curtain of a gaming industry. Maps, controls, mechanics, all based around sprint. Removing that single aspect of the game could effectively delay launch by several months.
> > JUST STOP.
>
> Maybe you should look at the spartan models in Halo 4.
>
> You said it! You want logic and realism in gameplay. So we have to sacrifice good mechanics so the game is realistic? Bloom much?
>
> I’d rather remove sprint and later delay then a sooner with sprint.

its more then just realism its cannon. it should be in the game period.

> yes you can. Play reach, then come back.
> inb4 You say its terrible or some predictable BS.
>
> A gimmick to attract casuals? Really? Is that all the pathetic side of the halo community can conceive. Please.
>
> I am a 900 pound genetically augmented superhuman. Who is limited to power-walking.
> 343 wants to bring things from the books into gameplay. Read the books (I’m sure you haven’t) Spartans, sprint, (A LOT)
> Reads book, spartan sprints dozens of kilometers an hour.
> Plays game, power walks.
> The continuity is lacking.
> 343 wants us to feel like supersoldiers.
> Halo 4’s maps are likely all designed with sprint in mind. You obviously have no idea what it is like behind the curtain of a gaming industry. Maps, controls, mechanics, all based around sprint. Removing that single aspect of the game could effectively delay launch by several months.
> JUST STOP.

This argument is not for this thread, but to argue sprint is not a gimmick is simply preposterous. They only added it to attract the players from other FPS games. No one give a flying ef about the books when it comes to the multiplayer. I want a game that plays well, not a game that allows people to run away if I am beating them in a fight.

> > > > > Sprint IS a gimmick, whether you like it or not. But I do think the Sword Lunge should be removed when Sprinting, should sprinting remain in the game. You should still be able to lunge when you are not sprinting.
> > > > >
> > > > > This shouldn’t turn into a sprint vs no sprint thread though, seeing as the issue the OP presented was lunge.
> > > >
> > > > Gimmick:A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
> > > >
> > > > Fans WANTED sprint since CE they got it, and complained because it was implemented poorly. Doesnt mean sprint in itself is bad. It serves as a practical feature. (adding something like taunts for multiplayer FF voices would be a gimmick. Sprint isnt)
> > > >
> > > > OT:Yes, sword lunge SHOULD be removed when sprinting, but not removed altogether.
> > > > Good idea.
> > >
> > > I’m sure it’s because they never tried it before… and when it was implemented they realized they didn’t like it. 343 knows the competitive players don’t like sprint, so thats why it’s a gimmick to attract casuals.
> > >
> > > <mark>I can’t Sword Lunge with sprint in Halo:Reach</mark>, I stop sprinting and then I lunge, what are you talking about?
> >
> > yes you can. Play reach, then come back.
> > inb4 You say its terrible or some predictable BS.
> >
> > A gimmick to attract casuals? Really? Is that all the pathetic side of the halo community can conceive. Please.
> >
> > I am a 900 pound genetically augmented superhuman. Who is limited to <mark>power-walking.</mark>
> > 343 wants to bring things from the books into gameplay. Read the books (I’m sure you haven’t) Spartans, sprint, (A LOT)
> > Reads book, spartan sprints dozens of kilometers an hour.
> > Plays game, power walks.
> > The continuity is lacking.
> > 343 wants us to feel like supersoldiers.
> > Halo 4’s maps are likely all designed with sprint in mind. You obviously have no idea what it is like behind the curtain of a gaming industry. Maps, controls, mechanics, all based around sprint. Removing that single aspect of the game could effectively delay launch by several months.
> > JUST STOP.
>
> Maybe you should look at the spartan models in Halo 4.
>
> You said it! You want logic and realism in gameplay. So we have to sacrifice good mechanics so the game is realistic? Bloom much?
>
> I’d rather remove sprint and later delay then a sooner with sprint.

Bloom AND recoil arnt. even realistic. It was stupid top to bottom. Yea, i can rip metal apart like card board but my head flies through the sky when my weapon is fired.
Realism has nothing to do with it. It is the feeling of power and control 343 wants us to have. I swear, if the “true” halo fans had a say in the sequels, then nothing would change.
(inb4 we want G00D change)

> Why should sprint be removed when spartans got good reflexes and are really fast? They sprint in the book if i dont remember wrong,
>
> Sprint stays and lunge,
>
> Armor lock, jetpack, Active camo,hologram, remove! hate’em

I don’t think sprint is good for gameplay, and I don’t believe we have to have something bad for gameplay even if it is logic or in the books. Gameplay should come before the canon in the books, besides we were fine for 9 years.

Armor lock, ok yeh removed. But the other ones can be equipment found on the map… And making jetpack not a way to fly but merely a longer jump.