<-------------is a AWESOME rts

i picked it up from GS on monday and I LOVE it! its really underrated…
who else likes Halo Wars?

I love it!

I’m a general in it.

If you support it then visit this thread and give your constant support: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/9385.aspx
The goal is to reach 117 pages.

im just a liutenant in it, i dont play online a lot because im not good at rushing, only time i have one is against less experienced players

I don’t really get rushed… I also play deathmatch 1v1 most of the time so it’s not a problem. I think I can take care of rushes easily. If I see one coming, I can get ready quickly.

It’s more of an alright RTS, if they do make a sequel more depth would be great.

> I don’t really get rushed… I also play deathmatch 1v1 most of the time so it’s not a problem. I think I can take care of rushes easily. If I see one coming, I can get ready quickly.

well than i suck

i have to say it amazes me that this far into it’s lifespan halo wars still gets a steady flow of new players

I love it but I don’t think online isn’t balanced. I can’t seem to beat the Hunter, Jackal combo that everyone does online. Hunter’s kill my vehicles and jackals kill my ground. Unit per unit I lose and with there hero they keep the pressure on. I try getting to air but I get there fast enough. I would love an update with maybe human snipers to even out the odds on the ground.

> It’s more of an alright RTS, if they do make a sequel more depth would be great.

well they need more options but it still has to be simple to manage and use. I think the ability to group units together so you can just select the group as a whole instead of selecting them all.

I just think more options would be awesome

It is an okay RTS but there is a small amount of units and you always max out on the same units unlike other RTS like Starcraft 2.

i dont really play MM, my friend and i play skrimishes more often.

> It is an okay RTS but there is a small amount of units and you always max out on the same units unlike other RTS like Starcraft 2.

while HWs is a simple RTS it does great considering it’s on console

It’s to bad this game is not a focus for 343 now or anytime soon.

its like AoE except for Halo

> It’s to bad this game is not a focus for 343 now or anytime soon.

That is why http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/9385.aspx must reach 117 pages.

Halo Wars actually isn’t a very good RTS title.

It IS however a great CONSOLE RTS. And that they nailed the controls and blended RTS with Halo fantastically is why I like it.

But Halo Wars on the PC wouldn’t 6 months before losing it’s population to Starcraft.

> Halo Wars actually isn’t a very good RTS title.
>
> It IS however a great CONSOLE RTS. And that they nailed the controls and blended RTS with Halo fantastically is why I like it.
>
> But Halo Wars on the PC wouldn’t 6 months before losing it’s population to Starcraft.

this. halo wars dominates console RTS market but wouldnt hold ground on PC.

Yep, I love Halo Wars. I can’t even count how many times I beat the campaign! :smiley: Love it, and hoping for another Halo RTS, maybe one can come out between Halo 4 and 5.

> I love it but I don’t think online isn’t balanced. I can’t seem to beat the Hunter, Jackal combo that everyone does online. Hunter’s kill my vehicles and jackals kill my ground. Unit per unit I lose and with there hero they keep the pressure on. I try getting to air but I get there fast enough. I would love an update with maybe human snipers to even out the odds on the ground.

the way you beat the combo is simple realy
just used mixed units
Using 2 vulturues
power turret tanks (maybe 5) and last
flame throwers Lots of them

Ya but its rushed in the first 5 minutes. I can’t get vultures or that many tanks by then. Flame throwers have horrible range and die before they get close. I tried micro managing flash bang to but its not effective enough. Jackals destroy human ground and only a ton of odst drop in close can hurt em but that takes a while to to build up to.

Well if your anders I don’t suggest hawks. Because infintry can do tons of damage to air units and jackals are anti infintry so they can fight both air and infantry easy

but sence your cutter I would suggest focussing on spartans, warthogs, and your mac blast.
make the warhots constantly drive around the covies group. this way hunters won’t get clear shots. Use your spartans as a main fighting group
last get the hunters and jackals into a tite group so your mac blast can just rain down on them
remember the mac blast gets one exstra mac each upgrade so don’t mac one time thinking thats all you have. If you mac once and get out of it you half to wait for it to recharge. do it several times till it say mac blast depleated.

this sould work
if not then I don’t know wat your doing wrong