LS is gone and so is the fun.

LS was by far the best playlist we had and it truly got me back to playing
halo all the time. Then just before I got my 50 it was taken away and put
into the IS playlist with BR starts and weapon indicators on the map for all to
see.

This tell me that 343’s priority is the casual gamer who cares not to learn and
better themselves. I was incredibly hopeful for what H5 was going to be but with
everything that has happened with H4 I have finally made my decision to go back
to Playstation upon the drop of PS4. A system I have ignored since the drop of
Halo CE. And I must say Im not happy AT ALL about it except for my excitement for
DESTINEY.

I cannot believe Halo has turned into a casual gamers paradise. Seriously how can
so many of you enjoy Infinity (FIESTA) slayer? Power weapons falling from the sky
right in front of you because you managed to crouch around the map with invis
and get a few kill with the bolt shot??

My melt sandwich is over.

Or you could just keep playing LS?

> Or you could just keep playing LS?

How? Its gone except for some garbage rehash of it in the IS playlist.

> > Or you could just keep playing LS?
>
> How? Its gone except for some garbage rehash of it in the IS playlist.

Oh, so now BR starts are bad?

> > > Or you could just keep playing LS?
> >
> > How? Its gone except for some garbage rehash of it in the IS playlist.
>
> Oh, so now BR starts are bad?

In my opinion they are. Weapon indicators are now on the map and the weapon
spawns are different and limited.

> > > > Or you could just keep playing LS?
> > >
> > > How? Its gone except for some garbage rehash of it in the IS playlist.
> >
> > Oh, so now BR starts are bad?
>
> <mark>In my opinion they are.</mark> Weapon indicators are now on the map and the weapon
> spawns are different and limited.

Well then why are you bashing 343? That’s completely on the community.

> > > > > Or you could just keep playing LS?
> > > >
> > > > How? Its gone except for some garbage rehash of it in the IS playlist.
> > >
> > > Oh, so now BR starts are bad?
> >
> > <mark>In my opinion they are.</mark> Weapon indicators are now on the map and the weapon
> > spawns are different and limited.
>
> Well then why are you bashing 343? That’s completely on the community.

Im bashing the company who have ruined the game and who continue to push the
casual gamer agenda and the part of the community who prefer IS over traditional gameplay.

IM not alone here and you really seem to have an issue with people who like to
voice their opinion don’t you? That’s sad.

> Im bashing the company who have ruined the game and who continue to push the
> casual gamer agenda and the part of the community who prefer IS over traditional gameplay.

Waitwaitwaitwait. How is that relevant? Also, if the game is “ruined” why are you still trying to save it?

> IM not alone here and you really seem to have an issue with people who like to
> voice their opinion don’t you? That’s sad.

Well, you definitely aren’t in a majority either. And no, I have no problems with opinions. Just with illogical/unfounded/hateful ones.

IE- “Oh, you disagree with me, do you? How pathetic.”

> > Im bashing the company who have ruined the game and who continue to push the
> > casual gamer agenda and the part of the community who prefer IS over traditional gameplay.
>
> Waitwaitwaitwait. How is that relevant? Also, if the game is “ruined” why are you still trying to save it?
>
>
>
> > IM not alone here and you really seem to have an issue with people who like to
> > voice their opinion don’t you? That’s sad.
>
> Well, you definitely aren’t in a majority either. And no, I have no problems with opinions. Just with illogical/unfounded/hateful ones.

Unfounded and illogical how? And I am part of the majority sir. However I am a
small part of that majority that IS STILL PLAYING. All the others are gone.

You a part of the majority that make up most of what population Halo still has
and are a large part of why this game is no longer what it was or what it could
be.

> Unfounded and illogical how? And I am part of the majority sir. However I am a
> small part of that majority that IS STILL PLAYING. All the others are gone.
>
> You a part of the majority that make up most of what population Halo still has
> and are a large part of why this game is no longer what it was or what it could
> be.

BR/DMR starts have always been favored by the Halo community. Surely you know this?

> > Unfounded and illogical how? And I am part of the majority sir. However I am a
> > small part of that majority that IS STILL PLAYING. All the others are gone.
> >
> > You a part of the majority that make up most of what population Halo still has
> > and are a large part of why this game is no longer what it was or what it could
> > be.
>
> BR/DMR starts have always been favored by the Halo community. Surely you know this?

How much of the “community” makes up the halo population? 10%?

It’s not nearly as much fun to start a game where everyone has a long/mid range weapon right off the bat.

> How much of the “community” makes up the halo population? 10%?
>
> It’s not nearly as much fun to start a game where everyone has a long/mid range weapon right off the bat.

Well, since we’re talking about basically everyone who played Halo 2, 3, or Reach, I’d say quite a bit more than 10%. Heck, even CE had a dominate off-spawn mid-ranged weapon. The magnum.

Why are you acting like this is something that just came around with Infinity?

How can you say that BR starts are catering to casuals when BR starts have always been a staple of competitive game types? Slayer pro, MLG, throwdown… they all feature (and always have) precision weapon starts.

I agree on the ordinance markers, but lumping BR starts in with casual mechanics shows a lack of knowledge of the CONTEXT of the discussion.

I dont understand your complaint, they dropped the lowest populated playlist and added it into the ifinity slayer playlist. It wasnt even a competitive playlist, just a hold forward playlist with sprint.

> How can you say that BR starts are catering to casuals when BR starts have always been a staple of competitive game types? Slayer pro, MLG, throwdown… they all feature (and always have) precision weapon starts.
>
> I agree on the ordinance markers, but lumping BR starts in with casual mechanics shows a lack of knowledge of the CONTEXT of the discussion.

Well, I often see a lot of people refer to Halo 3 as a traditional arena shooter. These people also seem to be of the competitive mind and prefer BR starts. Though, in my experience with traditional arena shooters. The default settings tend to spawn you with the most useless weapon in the game, often a pea shooter that is just good enough to defend yourself with.

Some examples:
Quake 3, Machine Gun
Quake Live, Machine Gun
Unreal Tournament 2004, Assault Rifle
Unreal Tournament 3, Enforcer
Halo 1, Plasma Pistol (yes, that is the default setting)
Halo 2, SMG
Halo 3, Assault Rifle

I am not entirely sure when arena shooters began spawning people with the most effective weapon in the game (though I suspect it started with Halo) but I can certainly see why some people would consider BR starts as catering to casuals.

DESTINEY. Sick game …

Off topic but can someone help with Halo 3: ODST Vidmaster achievements

Cheers

> > How can you say that BR starts are catering to casuals when BR starts have always been a staple of competitive game types? Slayer pro, MLG, throwdown… they all feature (and always have) precision weapon starts.
> >
> > I agree on the ordinance markers, but lumping BR starts in with casual mechanics shows a lack of knowledge of the CONTEXT of the discussion.
>
> Well, I often see a lot of people refer to Halo 3 as a traditional arena shooter. These people also seem to be of the competitive mind and prefer BR starts. Though, in my experience with traditional arena shooters. The default settings tend to spawn you with the most useless weapon in the game, often a pea shooter that is just good enough to defend yourself with.
>
> Some examples:
> Quake 3, Machine Gun
> Quake Live, Machine Gun
> Unreal Tournament 2004, Assault Rifle
> Unreal Tournament 3, Enforcer
> Halo 1, Plasma Pistol (yes, that is the default setting)
> Halo 2, SMG
> Halo 3, Assault Rifle
>
> I am not entirely sure when arena shooters began spawning people with the most effective weapon in the game (though I suspect it started with Halo) but I can certainly see why some people would consider BR starts as catering to casuals.

It just revolves around the fact that you should have to work to some degree
to get the weapons you have and not have them at the start of a match or because
you got a few kills or assists by accident.

The BR start I can handle but when they added different weapons and spawns to
the maps as well as weapons indicators it just ruins the gametype. The best one
we had IMO.

> It just revolves around the fact that you should have to work to some degree
> to get the weapons you have and not have them at the start of a match or because
> you got a few kills or assists by accident.
>
> The BR start I can handle but when they added different weapons and spawns to
> the maps as well as weapons indicators it just ruins the gametype. The best one
> we had IMO.

That’s a great opinion, but you just can’t go around pretending it’s shared by everyone else, you know?

> > It just revolves around the fact that you should have to work to some degree
> > to get the weapons you have and not have them at the start of a match or because
> > you got a few kills or assists by accident.
> >
> > The BR start I can handle but when they added different weapons and spawns to
> > the maps as well as weapons indicators it just ruins the gametype. The best one
> > we had IMO.
>
> That’s a great opinion, but you just can’t go around pretending it’s shared by everyone else, you know?

What’s your point? No one opinion is ever going to be completely accepted by everyone and I am certainly not expecting that with mine. Not sure why you are going out of your way to tell me simply that you do not agree with me lol.

From the beginning there should have been a split playlist of social and ranked and or competitive game types. This would have also drastically helped the issues I am seeing.