LR just as powerful as the DMR was.

Anyone else noticing how powerful the LR is now since the update? You can cross map- medium map someone way too fast. I can’t even get into a medium range BR battle with someone who has the LR because they scope in and 4 shot me. THIS IS THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM BR USERS HAD WITH THE DMR. 343, what the hell are you thinking? You really expect me to buy your new Halo game when you can’t even properly fix the Halo that’s out now? I’ve been playing Halo for almost 12 years (since CE) and I never thought I would end up quitting but you guys really changed my mind. Hope to see the Halo forum ninja’s on PSN!

Tl;dr The LightRifle is too powerful and forces competitive players to play Team Throwdown and Throwdown only. 343 lost yet another veteran Halo player.

It requires more skill to use than the DMR, so I’d say it’s more fair, what game type are you playing? If you’re using a BR in BTB you sre doing it wrong, I honestly don’t have this issue

The difference between the LR and the old DMR, is that the LR is garbage if it’s not zoomed in. The old DMR was the best in every range and made other weapons redundant. The maps have sufficient enough cover to move around in unhindered anyway, it’s usually not an issue to move into range if you mind your surroundings.

> It requires more skill to use than the DMR, so I’d say it’s more fair, what game type are you playing? If you’re using a BR in BTB you sre doing it wrong, I honestly don’t have this issue

I was playing Infinity Slayer on Simplex and got out-shot every time by a scoped in LR user and I wasn’t missing. On a map like Simplex where the start of the game is a cross-map battle, it is quite obvious what gun will win and it shouldn’t be that way. You shouldn’t be rewarded for the gun you use but how you use it and the LR is just too easy to use.

> The difference between the LR and the old DMR, is that the LR is garbage if it’s not zoomed in. The old DMR was the best in every range and made other weapons redundant. The maps have sufficient enough cover to move around in unhindered anyway, it’s usually not an issue to move into range if you mind your surroundings.

It is incredibly difficult and noticeable how much stronger the LR is compared to the BR when the whole other team is using the LR. The LR shoots just a little too fast Also, it is not nearly as hard to out shoot someone up close while using the LR than it is to cross map someone while using the BR. LR is currently a perfect example of a gun that doesn’t balance well with others.

The lightrifle is actually better than the DMR at range, but with key differences:

Much Harder to Use. It doesn’t aim for you with incredible magnetism and it is the only gun where you have to scope in for a decent kill time, making it much much harder to use in close-mid. Also has a delay between trigger pull and firing which is disorientating requiring more intelligent aim.

Much less ammo (or so it feels). This has gotten more bearable thanks to more people using it, but it promotes movement if nothing else than to collect ammo.

Much lower potential damage vs vehicles than the dmr.

Very high flinch almost forces you to use stability instead of something else.

All these drawbacks leave it as a beautiful weapon, not too weak but well balanced. You cannot charge a LR user at range and get surprised if he chews you up for breakfast

I think with the stability add-on it makes the LR even more powerful.

Hmm, mixed feelings on the LR, don’t mind the higher ROF, maybe nerf just a tiny bit, but not too picky.
However, they said that unscoped it has a lower ROF, yet I can still easily outclass a DMR’r unscoped (something which is hilarious when you get 5 or so kills a game doing it :slight_smile:

Is a bit OP on small maps with long sight lines though

I’d love to know what you guys are all talking about. Every LR guy I run across usually ends up dead.

Sure, the thing dominates at long-range, but if you’re trying to shoot them back with anything that isn’t a LR, you’re honestly just asking to die, anyway, given how you’re challenging them in a game they have a huge advantage in. Get in close and kill them with a BR or Carbine.

> Hmm, mixed feelings on the LR, don’t mind the higher ROF, maybe nerf just a tiny bit, but not too picky.
> However, they said that unscoped it has a lower ROF, yet I can still easily outclass a DMR’r unscoped (something which is hilarious when you get 5 or so kills a game doing it :slight_smile:
>
> Is a bit OP on small maps with long sight lines though

Small maps are all I play sadly.

> I’d love to know what you guys are all talking about. Every LR guy I run across usually ends up dead.
>
> Sure, the thing dominates at long-range, but if you’re trying to shoot them back with anything that isn’t a LR, you’re honestly just asking to die, anyway, given how you’re challenging them in a game they have a huge advantage in. Get in close and kill them with a BR or Carbine.

The problem is that they have a huge advantage off the start of the game by spawning with it. If you can’t properly balance the guns you start off with than your game will turn into poop (30k peak population after only 7 months).

> Anyone else noticing how powerful the LR is now since the update? You can cross map- medium map someone way too fast. I can’t even get into a medium range BR battle with someone who has the LR because they scope in and 4 shot me. THIS IS THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM BR USERS HAD WITH THE DMR. 343, what the hell are you thinking? You really expect me to buy your new Halo game when you can’t even properly fix the Halo that’s out now? I’ve been playing Halo for almost 12 years (since CE) and <mark>I never thought I would end up quitting but you guys really changed my mind. Hope to see the Halo forum ninja’s on PSN!</mark>

I’ll be really honest OP, if you’re going to leave then let people know what you dislike about the game and just leave it there. Don’t say you’re leaving, just…go. I guarantee you aren’t the first person to say that and you won’t be the last.

I’m just pointing out to you just how many people don’t care what you choose to do with your spare time.

i like the light rifle. it seems more difficult to use then the dmr. i definitely notice the difference when i play with each respectively. its pretty crazy. just play with it. practice i guess…ahhh you left op. well good riddance

> > Anyone else noticing how powerful the LR is now since the update? You can cross map- medium map someone way too fast. I can’t even get into a medium range BR battle with someone who has the LR because they scope in and 4 shot me. THIS IS THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM BR USERS HAD WITH THE DMR. 343, what the hell are you thinking? You really expect me to buy your new Halo game when you can’t even properly fix the Halo that’s out now? I’ve been playing Halo for almost 12 years (since CE) and <mark>I never thought I would end up quitting but you guys really changed my mind. Hope to see the Halo forum ninja’s on PSN!</mark>
>
> I’ll be really honest OP, if you’re going to leave then let people know what you dislike about the game and just leave it there. Don’t say you’re leaving, just…go. I guarantee you aren’t the first person to say that and you won’t be the last.
>
> I’m just pointing out to you just how many people don’t care what you choose to do with your spare time.

You’re right. I should have not even typed that out but I’d love to think that 343 will get it changed if I threaten to leave. Obviously they don’t care though.

> i like the light rifle. it seems more difficult to use then the dmr. i definitely notice the difference when i play with each respectively. its pretty crazy. just play with it. practice i guess…ahhh you left op. well good riddance

It’s not that I’m bad with the LR it’s that I shouldn’t have to use 1 weapon to counter another weapon. These weapons should all be balanced equally but they’re not.

> > i like the light rifle. it seems more difficult to use then the dmr. i definitely notice the difference when i play with each respectively. its pretty crazy. just play with it. practice i guess…ahhh you left op. well good riddance
>
> It’s not that I’m bad with the LR it’s that I shouldn’t have to use 1 weapon to counter another weapon. These weapons should all be balanced equally but they’re not.

So what you’re saying is, if one weapon kills faster than another, then they’re not balanced? Because no matter what you do, you will never be able to beat a LR at range with a BR. Making all the weapons have the same killtime is the dumbest and laziest way to balance weapons ever. They are balanced because if you face a LR at close range then you will win 95% of the time. You don’t have to “use 1 weapon to counter another weapon.” All you have to do is position yourself to give yourself the advantage.

BTW, if you’re using a BR on Complex, then you’re doing it wrong. Don’t complain about getting cross-mapped on a huge map while using a mid-ranged weapon. At the very least, DON’T CHALLENGE THE LR AT LONG RANGE. You are guaranteed to die fast if you do.

If you’re using the Carbine, play smart. Weave between cover and you can easily beat a LR user.

Against a BR user… not so much. D:

> Tl;dr The LightRifle is too powerful and forces competitive players to play Team Throwdown and Throwdown only. 343 lost yet another veteran Halo player.

Dam you are not kidding. I looked up your service record just to see. 50 CSR & a very impressive KD & W/L ratio.

Listen to this guy 343.

I agree though, I don’t like cross-mapping weapons. It breaks the map movement in my opinion. I also agree you shouldn’t be forced to switch weapons just to stay competitive.

Forced skills happen all the time in MMO’s and its one of my most biggest pet peeves. Never thought I’d see that in Halo.

Just to be clear, the LR is NOT easy to use. It is just more rewarding for those who use it effectively because of its 4sk. BR’s can still beat the LR at closer range because the LR’s unscoped 3 round burst is a 5sk, while the BR’s remains a 4sk.