LOWER TIER MANTIS NEEDS THIS!!

hello all. Got a quick war zone one here to see what y’all think…so the mantis is a kinda week vehicle as far as the hit points is gives. And it sometimes doesn’t take a lot to destroy them either. My frustration isn’ so much that but that the lower tier mantis do not have ground target missil lock capabilitys. And I would say that 90% of of the bad guys are ground targets but the time you reach req levels enough to get a mantis. So because of this you have to pretty much get in the enemies face to do enough damage. The other option is to stay back enough so that your mantis survives and long shot with your gun and missils witch neither are very accurate at a distance. I will say that the oni and Hannibal do lock on but who had a bunch of them just waiting to be used…let me know your thoughts…maybe I’m doing something wrong like a button you use to switch to air and ground targets.

Thanks J.B.

I think it’s kind of silly that a regular mantis can lock on to ground targets in campaign, but you need an Oni mantis to do that in Warzone

Yea I usually just use my normal mantis for FF. They are too easy to kill in regular WZ.

> 2533274822619645;3:
> Yea I usually just use my normal mantis for FF. They are too easy to kill in regular WZ.

It is possible to use the basic one to control set position but know when to let team mates pick off some enemies instead of chasing the kills.

Honesty, I feel the Mantis is pretty useless in Halo 5. I don’t like using them at all unless it’s in BTB. I feel the Mantis should have decent armour nothing crazy but great mobility and be a BEAST firepower wise!! where as the tank is slow, heavy armour and good firepower. I find in WZFF tanks are king and in WZ Mantis and tanks are ave.

100% agree with ya! Thanks for the reply

All of the variants need to have lock on capabilities, then add the explosive rounds chaingun to the Oni variant to make it stand apart from the lower tiers.

DUDE!!! That’s a great idea right there! Would be sweet and give the mantis the proper edge it deserves

I feel like the chaingun just overheats too fast. Make it last longer in sustained fire and it’d be good.

As a previous Waypointer said, I use the base mantis in warzone firefight only. This is because a large group of human players can too easily take a mantis down while in firefight, the AI don’t bring in a scorpion and shred you.

The Mantis in Halo 5 isn’t designed to be anti armor. It’s anti infantry, hence the energy shielding and lack of heavy armor.
That being said, I really feel like the homing capabilities are far too overpowered, as the only time you won’t kill an enemy Spartan is when you miss the rockets or your fifty calibre is on cooldown. Only the ONI Mantis having the capability to home fits the overpowered vibe ONI vehicles give, and balances the other Mantises significantly.

> 2535416474113375;11:
> The Mantis in Halo 5 isn’t designed to be anti armor. It’s anti infantry, hence the energy shielding and lack of heavy armor.
> That being said, I really feel like the homing capabilities are far too overpowered, as the only time you won’t kill an enemy Spartan is when you miss the rockets or your fifty calibre is on cooldown. Only the ONI Mantis having the capability to home fits the overpowered vibe ONI vehicles give, and balances the other Mantises significantly.

Yes but you can’t lock on to infentry. Yes you do have the gun but the longer you hold it down the less accurate it becomes. And it overheats quickly unless you feather it giving more time for the enemy to shoot and move out of your aim.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> I think it’s kind of silly that a regular mantis can lock on to ground targets in campaign, but you need an Oni mantis to do that in Warzone

indeed

> 2535416474113375;11:
> The Mantis in Halo 5 isn’t designed to be anti armor. It’s anti infantry, hence the energy shielding and lack of heavy armor.
> That being said, I really feel like the homing capabilities are far too overpowered, as the only time you won’t kill an enemy Spartan is when you miss the rockets or your fifty calibre is on cooldown. Only the ONI Mantis having the capability to home fits the overpowered vibe ONI vehicles give, and balances the other Mantises significantly.

I would agree with the base Mantis being left as it is, but the next tier (Corp, Woodland, Tundra, and Urban) variants should at least have an improved heavy machine gun.

I think that the regular mantis should be able to lock onto ground targets or should have an extra attack more efficient against ground units.

maybe not in h5, but in h6 I’d like to see the mantis have the ability to sprint and jump (I mean it can already crouch which is useless unless you want to -Yoink!- someone) also, the ability for a mantis to assassinate another mantis, now, this animation would be much longer than the normal assassination animations, but would allow you to take out enemy mantis’s if you were sneaky

> 2533274965187692;16:
> maybe not in h5, but in h6 I’d like to see the mantis have the ability to sprint and jump (I mean it can already crouch which is useless unless you want to -Yoink!- someone) also, the ability for a mantis to assassinate another mantis, now, this animation would be much longer than the normal assassination animations, but would allow you to take out enemy mantis’s if you were sneaky

I don’t think these will go through, especially with the outrage with Spartan abilities already. Still, I think these would help and the assassination would look cool.

I think that the normal mantis should get the lock on ability. An experienced Spartan would be able to dodge it anyway so it wouldn’t be extremely game changing. The idea of a lower tier mantis is actually really good, maybe with slower rate of fire and longer charge and slower speed for the rockets. This would allow a cheaper mantis to be made and not be equal to the normal mantis. Maybe call it scrapped mantis or something like that.

The only useful mantis in my opinion are the one and the hannibal the others are so weak

I think it’s should be like the Ultra Banshee