Love the Outline System

One of my favorite things from the flight was the outlines. I was skeptical of it at first but it’s really damn good! You can still easily tell who’s an enemy and who isn’t while being able to admire everyone’s customization in their fullest. The option to change the outline colors is also awesome.

Only feedback I’d give is an option to alter the thickness of the outlines and adding a service tag above teammates to help those who can’t see well differentiate between friend and foe easier.

> 2533274937939153;1:
> One of my favorite things from the flight was the outlines. I was skeptical of it at first but it’s really damn good! You can still easily tell who’s an enemy and who isn’t while being able to admire everyone’s customization in their fullest. The option to change the outline colors is also awesome.
>
> Only feedback I’d give is an option to alter the thickness of the outlines and adding a service tag above teammates to help those who can’t see well differentiate between friend and foe easier.

We should have a thickness scaler.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274937939153;1:
> > One of my favorite things from the flight was the outlines. I was skeptical of it at first but it’s really damn good! You can still easily tell who’s an enemy and who isn’t while being able to admire everyone’s customization in their fullest. The option to change the outline colors is also awesome.
> >
> > Only feedback I’d give is an option to alter the thickness of the outlines and adding a service tag above teammates to help those who can’t see well differentiate between friend and foe easier.
>
> We should have a thickness scaler.

Agreed, I can see fine but there’s a lot of threads where some people can’t see them and some see too much, so a thickness scaler would help them a lot.

I did not like them one bit and would love a toggle off button.
IMO they takes some realism out of the game. Makes spartans and weapons look cartoony.

I actually really don’t care for the outlines, I get its supposed to be a replacement for red vs blue but I feel like it makes the enemies way easier to spot and I personally don’t like seeing the outlines of teammates running around through walls, I’d prefer if it would only show outlines of friendlies when in your line of site and when obscured by walls it went to the service tag system. It should be more of a friendly indicator not a foe indicator, if friends are marked you don’t need to mark enemies at all countless games don’t have teams separated by color idk why 343 thinks it’s so important enemies be very obviously marked.

> 2533274851439894;4:
> I did not like them one bit and would love a toggle off button.
> IMO they takes some realism out of the game. Makes spartans and weapons look cartoony.

Realism out of the game. There Spartan super-soldiers with a visor that shows them practically everything.

You should really be asking why the chief (except in the books were he definitely does) and noble six ran around with this function for years and never used it while the odst’s did.

> 2533274968042384;6:
> > 2533274851439894;4:
> > I did not like them one bit and would love a toggle off button.
> > IMO they takes some realism out of the game. Makes spartans and weapons look cartoony.
>
> Realism out of the game. There Spartan super-soldiers with a visor that shows them practically everything.
>
> You should really be asking why the chief (except in the books were he definitely does) and noble six ran around with this function for years and never used it while the odst’s did.

Yeah I don’t get the whole realism argument, go play Battlefield if you want realism, I’m a super-soldier in a super-suit fighting against aliens, ancient robots, ancient parasites, and hardcore gorrila-things, realism was not here rn.

> 2533274871876489;5:
> I actually really don’t care for the outlines, I get its supposed to be a replacement for red vs blue but I feel like it makes the enemies way easier to spot and I personally don’t like seeing the outlines of teammates running around through walls, I’d prefer if it would only show outlines of friendlies when in your line of site and when obscured by walls it went to the service tag system. It should be more of a friendly indicator not a foe indicator, if friends are marked you don’t need to mark enemies at all countless games don’t have teams separated by color idk why 343 thinks it’s so important enemies be very obviously marked.

I feel like it’s less noticeable now since before then, everyone was bright blue or bright red, which can be seen from ages away, but now there’s just that outline which can still be seen but it doesn’t make your spartan as out-of-place to the terrain as before.

> 2533274937939153;1:
> One of my favorite things from the flight was the outlines. I was skeptical of it at first but it’s really damn good! You can still easily tell who’s an enemy and who isn’t while being able to admire everyone’s customization in their fullest. The option to change the outline colors is also awesome.
>
> Only feedback I’d give is an option to alter the thickness of the outlines and adding a service tag above teammates to help those who can’t see well differentiate between friend and foe easier.

Sorry i would disagree. Even though its easy to tell whos who? Its not good to spot an enemy from across the map with them being neon bright and sticking out a mile. With the highlight system you cant really see anybody else at all with what there wearing or even could tell if this next enemy your engaging is the same you fought before or someone different. The worst thing about the highlights is you cant tell if shields popped or if there halfway or at full. I agree with you when you said about having markers above their heads that would work great and no need for red vs blue highlights. I know im not the only one who feels this way and i hope this is tweaked for the next flight. Im not having a go at you its just my opinion.

I think the outline system is a fantastic idea. It was first introduced in Halo ODST and never really went beyond that. I am happy that the are implementing it so we can actually show our Spartan customization.

I like the outline system too. I have wanted Halo to move away from red v blue for years. I think the option to alter it is a good idea. Either way, it’s great we can show off our own designs outside of FFA at last. Shoul’ve happened years ago imo.

I like the outlines, I just want more control over the IFF system.

Needs thickness and transparency options. Should be able to completely remove them if we want to.
Also want an option to see service tags on friendlies.

> 2533274937939153;7:
> > 2533274968042384;6:
> > > 2533274851439894;4:
> > > I did not like them one bit and would love a toggle off button.
> > > IMO they takes some realism out of the game. Makes spartans and weapons look cartoony.
> >
> > Realism out of the game. There Spartan super-soldiers with a visor that shows them practically everything.
> >
> > You should really be asking why the chief (except in the books were he definitely does) and noble six ran around with this function for years and never used it while the odst’s did.
>
> Yeah I don’t get the whole realism argument, go play Battlefield if you want realism, I’m a super-soldier in a super-suit fighting against aliens, ancient robots, ancient parasites, and hardcore gorrila-things, realism was not here rn.

Guys I’m talking about graphics realism and immersion lol.
Not game/story kind of realism, I know this is a scifi game
All I’m saying is outlines can make things look cartoony and distracts from appreciating the spartan/weapon models. They shouldn’t be the default

I like the outline for teammates. But the enemy outline was confusing and clunky in my opinion.

I like them as well, I really just like the way they look from a visual standpoint however 343 really needs to improve the visual cues for enemy players with lower shields, which is what they’re working on right now. So that’s good.

Why does it matter if your enemies can see your spartan armor configuration? Isn’t it most important for the team intro/outro? Other than those two moments I really don’t care at all how my spartan looks. Do people actually pay attention to how armor looks during a match? I honestly just focus on trying to land my shots and get good positioning. I assume others focus on this as well. I miss the red vs blue system a lot.

I didn’t like it at all either. Red and blue with service tags is a perfect system. If it’s not broke don’t fix it please

I was really missing the service tags over team mates. On MCC I cab at least yell “CHKN, you have guys coming your way!” Or “There’s two on CHKN’s X!”

During the flight though… “Hey… uh you by the… uuhhh… they’re conning your way… you’re dead… sorry :confused:

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274937939153;1:
> > One of my favorite things from the flight was the outlines. I was skeptical of it at first but it’s really damn good! You can still easily tell who’s an enemy and who isn’t while being able to admire everyone’s customization in their fullest. The option to change the outline colors is also awesome.
> >
> > Only feedback I’d give is an option to alter the thickness of the outlines and adding a service tag above teammates to help those who can’t see well differentiate between friend and foe easier.
>
> We should have a thickness scaler.

I agree with this because most time’s I don’t know who is an enemy or teammate.

> 2614366390849210;18:
> I was really missing the service tags over team mates. On MCC I cab at least yell “CHKN, you have guys coming your way!” Or “There’s two on CHKN’s X!”
>
> During the flight though… “Hey… uh you by the… uuhhh… they’re conning your way… you’re dead… sorry :confused:

Yeah the service tags over friends was nice, hope it’ll return.