Love the new ranking, but don't forget the casuals

The new ranking sounds wonderful and I believe it brings a great new form of competitiveness to halo. I am worried however thast 343i will not include some of the more social playlists that were favorites in previous titles (Social Slayer, Big Team Battle, Swat[was ranked], Invasion). I really hope we can bring the best of both worlds into this game and continue to support the casual community as well as the competitive one.

They won’t be in the beta, but they’ll surely be in the final release.

> 2533274932540799;2:
> They won’t be in the beta, but they’ll surely be in the final release.

fingers crossed

I really hope that 343 includes both a ranked and social playlist in Halo 5. Bungie did this in Halo 3 and it worked great in my opinion. Casual players could enjoy themselves in the social playlist while competitive players would spend their time in the ranked playlist. This separated the two communities very well and I believe a similar system is a must for Halo 5.

> 2535469836813887;4:
> I really hope that 343 includes both a ranked and social playlist in Halo 5. Bungie did this in Halo 3 and it worked great in my opinion. Casual players could enjoy themselves in the social playlist while competitive players would spend their time in the ranked playlist. This separated the two communities very well and I believe a similar system is a must for Halo 5.

yup
I just like shooting, rank will be good in certain playlists, but im more casual competitive

The best way to do this IMO is through the use of rotational playlists. This way all play styles will always be available without sacrificing playlist populations. Here is an example of what I mean:

Weeks 1+2

Ranked: Competitive gametypes only

Team Throwdown (4v4)
Team Objective (5v5)
Team Doubles (2v2)
Squad Battle (6v6 - slayer / objective mix + dominion / invasion)
Lone Wolves (6 player FFA)

Social: Mix of competitive and social gametypes

Team Slayer (4v4)
BTB (8v8 or higher if applicable)
Flood / Infection
Grifball (4v4)
Action Sack (4v4 mix of community gametypes)

Weeks 3+4
Ranked:

Team Throwdown
Team Doubles
Team Slayer (competitive slayer gametypes only: BR’s, SWAT, Snipers, Breakout)
BTB

Social:

Team Objective
Squad Battle
Flood / Infection
Grifball
Rumble Pit (8 player FFA mix of community gametypes: Mosh Pit, Race, Juggernaut, Punch Out etc.)
Action Sack

> 2533274823409099;1:
> The new ranking sounds wonderful and I believe it brings a great new form of competitiveness to halo. I am worried however thast 343i will not include some of the more social playlists that were favorites in previous titles (Social Slayer, Big Team Battle, Swat[was ranked], Invasion). I really hope we can bring the best of both worlds into this game and continue to support the casual community as well as the competitive one.

I hope so. BTB is my go to playlist.

> 2533274833164531;6:
> The best way to do this IMO is through the use of rotational playlists. This way all play styles will always be available without sacrificing playlist populations

I completely agree, rotational playlist is the only way to keep it fair without dividing the community too thin with excessive playlists

I love competitive play, but you cant forget about infection (hope they return to the reach style, seems like its going this way with them adding infection to halo 2 rather than flood). Also hoping action sack is more fun, for me and my friends action sack in halo halo 4 did not have that much action/ fun game modes. In reach we had rocket race, hockey, that soccer one, and many more fun game modes.

Invasion needs to make another appearance

I vote we have both ranking systems. Casual which is like halo 4/Reach and you get exp for playing. And Competitive which works like halo 2s ranking system.

> 2533274882881665;11:
> I vote we have both ranking systems. Casual which is like halo 4/Reach and you get exp for playing. And Competitive which works like halo 2s ranking system.

This.