Lost Moments

Describe a time when something amazing or hilarious happened in campaign or SpOps, but you were unable to record it do to no theatre.
I got two of them off the top of my head to start this thingamajig off. First I squished 2 Hunters with a Wraith in SpOps on Quarry.
Second I danced in front of two Hunters to distract them long enough for the human with me to Splazer them. The dance consisted of T-bagging the ground repeatedly, jumping in the air, and dodging every single one of the Hunters attacks.

My friend and I were playing Land Grab, cruising together in a Wraith. We see a Phantom drop in at least 15 Grunts, so naturally we head over to spawn-splatter the heck out of them.

Right before we closed the distance, they kamikazed.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

I can’t remember where, probably SpOps, but a Phantom was coming to deliver it’s payload as usual but the game glitched somehow and it crashed right in front of me…and killed me…

> I can’t remember where, probably SpOps, but a Phantom was coming to deliver it’s payload as usual but the game glitched somehow and it crashed right in front of me…and killed me…

Lol, I actually had that happen to me. Twice. It was on that level on Ragnarok, where we used the Mantis, but I had one Phantom crash into one of the pillars. Another Phantom crashed into me, while i was using a Wraith on the first chapter, first episode. All I can say is, keep your eyes peeled, b/c there will be times it will ram you.

Playing Shootout in Valhalla with some friends from these forums and a random Phantom chunk landing on my Mantis and killing me.

Getting the No One Left Behind achievement on Legendary because 10 elites were meleeing an invincible marine into a column until they got him INSIDE the column and couldn’t be killed later on.

Playing shoot out in valhalla a banshee bumped my mantis sending me inside my mantis flying outside the map.

On the mission “Reclaimer” I drove under the wheel on the Mammoth which resulted in me falling and the mammoth falling through the floor.

The countless times a grunt with an FRG didn’t see the Elite between us, and betrayed his teammate. That still gets me every time…

Police Officer: I’m not going to say it again, settle down! What’s going on here?

Spartan Hassle: I don’t know what happened officer… it was terrible! One minute, I was minding my own business on Land Grab, then, all of a sudden, this crazy Covenant drop pod comes screaming out of the sky and lands on my Warthog. Next thing I know, I’m respawning!

Police Officer: Alright, what’s your story?

Elite: Wort, wort, wort!

I was playing “Spartan Thorne” and shot at a Ghost while standing on top of that hill you have to clear at the beginning. Suddenly the ghost catapulted with high-speed directly towards me, almost chopped off my head and then vanished into Requiem’s sky.

Basically every time I rammed a Ghost with a Wraith and managed to launch it halfway across Quarry into a rock wall/Cyclone into the main structure/Apex either into a Forerunner tower or into the ocean… the enemy Ghosts seemed to have ridiculous ragdoll effects.

Or when I’m trying to recreate a Requiem map in Forge, it’s hard to go by the standard images on the mission screens and such. (I still wish 343i would release the SpOps maps for use in WarGames/Forge, because machinima and BTB on Apex)

> <mark>Playing Shootout in Valhalla with some friends from these forums and a random Phantom chunk landing on my Mantis and killing me.</mark>
>
> Getting the No One Left Behind achievement on Legendary because 10 elites were meleeing an invincible marine into a column until they got him INSIDE the column and couldn’t be killed later on.

Some friends? I believe you are referring to me? :wink: Gosh, that was funny. I see an explosion in the distance, and then I look around in my Ghost and see Siul explode! I was completely surprised, until I saw the Phantom Cockpit rolling toward me. :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as unrecordable moments go, I haven’t had a hard drive for the past year and a halfish, so I’ve missed a bunch of moments from MATCHMAKING, as well as other games. Especially annoying was when I got 3 Perfections in a row in Heavies last Friday…but I’m getting a Hard Drive on this Saturday…

At least Siul was with me…

So many lost moments…

I slammed into a hunter full force with a wraith against a rock in Valhalla on Spartan Ops; sending him flying way, waaay up in the air. He kept flying his victorious, slow motion trip through the air as I sat there watching him disappear from view… Since he was the last remaining enemy I literally waited a full 3 minutes for him to run his way back into the map then finished him off with the wraith .

I’ve been fortunate to have been able to record about 4 hilarious clips while playing the campaign. (Thanks to having the 360 hooked up to the HD PVR 2) Can’t wait to upload them soon.

But, I do wish 343i would give us the ability to have file share on campaign and Spartan Ops as well. There are so many moments that I haven’t captured that I wish I had before. Like using the Ghost and flying off the map. Wish I had that one.

Didn’t 343i say before that they were going to have campaign use file share by January of this year?