LOST CONNECTION ISSUE: 343 PLEASE FIX

Hey amigos.

I have been having multiple issues where I get kicked out of a MP game and then receive a “lost connection” message. Originally this was happening once in every ten games and sometimes two or three games in a row. This weekend it has been happening more frequently. Last night I hopped on only to have this happen in both of my first two games which then lead to a banhammer message stating that I was banned for 55min due to “quitting” when in fact I received the “lost connection” message after being kick from both games. Also which ever req card I have equipped when this happens disappears. I could be having the game of my life but don’t receive req point credit for the games I get kicked from. Its super frustrating.
I have checked with my internet provider COX and I have run the connection test on my box several times and there seems to be nothing wrong on my end. I called Xbox live as well and they said there’s no problem on their end either.
I see lots of other spartans are having this problem too. Any help?

343 PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE AND AT LEAST LET US KNOW YOU’RE LOOKING INTO IT!

I am seeing in other forum posts that people are and there doesn’t seem to be anything communicated from 343 on this issue yet.

Fly low and aim for the head!

Same thing was happening to me. It got so bad I just stopped playing online.

Just because your ISP says it’s not on their end, doesn’t mean the network in your home isn’t contributing to the lost server connection. This could very easily be lost packets or high latency in your local network.

> 2533274846807334;3:
> Just because your ISP says it’s not on their end, doesn’t mean the network in your home isn’t contributing to the lost server connection. This could very easily be lost packets or high latency in your local network.

Looks like the lost packet issue could be a Microsoft deal correct?

This has been happening on my end as well. It’s pretty disappointing.

I went from Plat 6 to Plat 1 from lagging out haha. It’s gotten better, but it’ll still happen randomly.

Same here, not my end coz I check my NAT and is open, I don’t get kick out of XBLA, just from the Halo 5 Online play, this is BS I get no Achivements or REQ points… Smh

Hey guys, I’ve encountered this problem many of times and a solution that I have found, is to remove your account from the Xbox in “settings” and then clear and restart MC address under “advanced settings” in the network tab. Seems to work everytime. Hope that helps since I’ve felt the frustration first hand.