Lost all my rank progress in Halo Reach

Hello, I’m new here and didn’t know where to post this, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.
I bought Reach in December 2010 back when it came out, I was a big fan of Halo back then, ODST got me started… I played for hours, and got to the Rank of Colonel Grade 1, without playing online (I never could and currently can’t afford Gold or Silver), playing only with my Friends or in firefight, this went on until around 2013, when the game disc stoped working, I had lent it to my cousins and when they gave it back it didn’t work anymore, I always wanted to play reach again, having fond memories of playing with my brother, so recently, I bought it for him, as it is christmas, so we could play, I started up my 360, and everything seemed fine, we played for a couple hours, and a couple the next day, and the next, and on the 5th day or so all my progress (including credits, ranks, and armor) was completely gone.
This of course got me to extreme levels of pissed off, to the point where I considered just throwing the game away as my brother didn’t play anymore, so what’s the point right? but then I thought maybe I could bring this to your attention to see if I can fix this, keep in mind I played all of that offline and can’t afford Xbox live or any of that, is there a way to fix this?
-Thanks.

> 2535409607518658;1:
> Hello, I’m new here and didn’t know where to post this, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.
> I bought Reach in December 2010 back when it came out, I was a big fan of Halo back then, ODST got me started… I played for hours, and got to the Rank of Colonel Grade 1, without playing online (I never could and currently can’t afford Gold or Silver), playing only with my Friends or in firefight, this went on until around 2013, when the game disc stoped working, I had lent it to my cousins and when they gave it back it didn’t work anymore, I always wanted to play reach again, having fond memories of playing with my brother, so recently, I bought it for him, as it is christmas, so we could play, I started up my 360, and everything seemed fine, we played for a couple hours, and a couple the next day, and the next, and on the 5th day or so all my progress (including credits, ranks, and armor) was completely gone.
> This of course got me to extreme levels of pissed off, to the point where I considered just throwing the game away as my brother didn’t play anymore, so what’s the point right? but then I thought maybe I could bring this to your attention to see if I can fix this, keep in mind I played all of that offline and can’t afford Xbox live or any of that, is there a way to fix this?
> -Thanks.

Is there a way to fix what exactly? If you always played offline why would you expect to have your progress saved anywhere except your hard drive? There are far too many commas in that run-on sentence to understand but as far as I know the game was designed by bungie to prohibit offline exploitation to limit first-time online players to a low rank. My question to you is why bother playing a game like this clearly designed for multiplayer matchmaking strictly offline?

> 2682054420954072;2:
> > 2535409607518658;1:
> > Hello, I’m new here and didn’t know where to post this, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.
> > I bought Reach in December 2010 back when it came out, I was a big fan of Halo back then, ODST got me started… I played for hours, and got to the Rank of Colonel Grade 1, without playing online (I never could and currently can’t afford Gold or Silver), playing only with my Friends or in firefight, this went on until around 2013, when the game disc stoped working, I had lent it to my cousins and when they gave it back it didn’t work anymore, I always wanted to play reach again, having fond memories of playing with my brother, so recently, I bought it for him, as it is christmas, so we could play, I started up my 360, and everything seemed fine, we played for a couple hours, and a couple the next day, and the next, and on the 5th day or so all my progress (including credits, ranks, and armor) was completely gone.
> > This of course got me to extreme levels of pissed off, to the point where I considered just throwing the game away as my brother didn’t play anymore, so what’s the point right? but then I thought maybe I could bring this to your attention to see if I can fix this, keep in mind I played all of that offline and can’t afford Xbox live or any of that, is there a way to fix this?
> > -Thanks.
>
> Is there a way to fix what exactly? If you always played offline why would you expect to have your progress saved anywhere except your hard drive? There are far too many commas in that run-on sentence to understand but as far as I know the game was designed by bungie to prohibit offline exploitation to limit first-time online players to a low rank. My question to you is why bother playing a game like this clearly designed for multiplayer matchmaking strictly offline?

I’m sorry, I fail to see what I’ve done wrong here, offline exploitation? my intention was never to have a high Rank, or to go into online with a high one without having to play a lot, I simply do not have the money for it, I play halo because it’s much more tan just a multiplayer game, I play it for the story, the characters, the lore, and because I’m a hard sci-fi fan and halo is the closest to that there is in mainstream games, the only thing I really cared about was the armors I had, specifically the fact I had the full ODST set, and ODST is my favorite game by far, I don’t care about the -Yoinking!- Rank. Why the -Yoink- is everyone I ask about this so -Yoinking!- hostile, I don’t care about mutiplayer, never have, never will, and if there is no way to get my progress back but playing everything all over again then so be it.

> 2535409607518658;4:
> > 2682054420954072;2:
> > > 2535409607518658;1:
> > > Hello, I’m new here and didn’t know where to post this, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.
> > > I bought Reach in December 2010 back when it came out, I was a big fan of Halo back then, ODST got me started… I played for hours, and got to the Rank of Colonel Grade 1, without playing online (I never could and currently can’t afford Gold or Silver), playing only with my Friends or in firefight, this went on until around 2013, when the game disc stoped working, I had lent it to my cousins and when they gave it back it didn’t work anymore, I always wanted to play reach again, having fond memories of playing with my brother, so recently, I bought it for him, as it is christmas, so we could play, I started up my 360, and everything seemed fine, we played for a couple hours, and a couple the next day, and the next, and on the 5th day or so all my progress (including credits, ranks, and armor) was completely gone.
> > > This of course got me to extreme levels of pissed off, to the point where I considered just throwing the game away as my brother didn’t play anymore, so what’s the point right? but then I thought maybe I could bring this to your attention to see if I can fix this, keep in mind I played all of that offline and can’t afford Xbox live or any of that, is there a way to fix this?
> > > -Thanks.
> >
> > Is there a way to fix what exactly? If you always played offline why would you expect to have your progress saved anywhere except your hard drive? There are far too many commas in that run-on sentence to understand but as far as I know the game was designed by bungie to prohibit offline exploitation to limit first-time online players to a low rank. My question to you is why bother playing a game like this clearly designed for multiplayer matchmaking strictly offline?
>
> I’m sorry, I fail to see what I’ve done wrong here, offline exploitation? my intention was never to have a high Rank, or to go into online with a high one without having to play a lot, I simply do not have the money for it, I play halo because it’s much more tan just a multiplayer game, I play it for the story, the characters, the lore, and because I’m a hard sci-fi fan and halo is the closest to that there is in mainstream games, the only thing I really cared about was the armors I had, specifically the fact I had the full ODST set, and ODST is my favorite game by far, I don’t care about the -Yoinking!- Rank. Why the -Yoink- is everyone I ask about this so -Yoinking!- hostile, I don’t care about mutiplayer, never have, never will, and if there is no way to get my progress back but playing everything all over again then so be it.

By the way, by hostile I don’t mean you man. I’ve asked this elsewhere and the people were not happy for whatever reason.