Losing close melee too often.

I seem to be losing a lot of close range melee battles and im not sure why. I typically start off with shooing then someone bumps me about 10 feet away. Its really become frustrating. It seems that I lose the close range melee about 70% of the time. Is there any advice you could give me, and im sure I am not the only one. In the past I would always shoot -when im sure I have done enough damage, then bump them and win every time. Now, they could have LESS health than me and STILL win these short range melee attacks…fing weird.

Is there something I am missing ? I guarantee I am not alone here. Up until last week I was in top 10 in melee damage. And I dont know what happened. Any advice is welcome.

Maybe they Spartan charge you? idk

I’ve noticed a similar trend. Not sure if they are using the rocket boost or they may have loadouts with better melee stats. Halo 5 is much more complicated in that regard.

> 2533274794097852;2:
> Maybe they Spartan charge you? idk

This too. I am losing those as well. I do know the difference when someone taps the melee or spartan charges. I lose those all the time.

Well in warzone. there is a couple things. One a weapon has a bayonet on them… allows to hit from a further distance (don’t know if it increases melee damage)

then there is an amrour upgrade that increases melee damage(if it is same req level as the armour upgrades I have) req level 5

I should note. the armour upgrade I have increases shield strength. They may have that?

Yeah, I used to shoot them down, and then close in to get the finishing punch. That doesn’t work as well now, there’s probably some sort of new, better way to do it.
Spartan charges also really allow people to get the drop on you, not to mention ground pounds, where people literally get the drop on you.
It’s just another thing to get used to along with all the boosts, sprinting, and other mechanics.

> 2535467159460401;4:
> > 2533274794097852;2:
> > Maybe they Spartan charge you? idk
>
>
> This too. I am losing those as well. I do know the difference when someone taps the melee or spartan charges. I lose those all the time.

Spartan charge and Melee have 2 different symbols after a successful hit on either side for a medal. Also you will here the stomping of yours or their Spartan when charging. You play Warzone? I have died, then noticed someone else died with a melee a couple seconds later after they took me out saying I killed them. Basically a double melee but one later then the other.

spartan charge does a lot more damage than the normal melee. You only survive a charge with full health and then you only need to get shot in the toe.

I think it happened right around the last update. Its like you can melee from much further away or they are even allowing a counter attack ?

the shoulder charge is a bit much…

> 2535467159460401;9:
> I think it happened right around the last update. Its like you can melee from much further away or they are even allowing a counter attack ?

it is a new spartan ability called spartan charge.

I win a lot of melee fights, either because I hit them first (when ever I can hit I hit) or luck, and a tip if your good with headshots unlike me, have a headshot weapon out when you are doing a melee fight, even if they get the first hit all you need to do is hit them shortly after, like one second at most and then pop them.

no OP is talking about the normal melee lunge stuff that is happening

not spartan charge

i can spartan charge someone then the immediately lunge at me and kill me with a melee

i wonder if its the lock on or lunge mechanic for the melee

I never go head to head on melee combat. It’s too risky and often feels like a coin flip. I generally try to thrust out of melee or charge range and finish the job with my weapon, typically the AR I’m holding as a secondary.

> 2533274794097852;5:
> Well in warzone. there is a couple things. One a weapon has a bayonet on them… allows to hit from a further distance (don’t know if it increases melee damage)
>
> then there is an amrour upgrade that increases melee damage(if it is same req level as the armour upgrades I have) req level 5
>
> I should note. the armour upgrade I have increases shield strength. They may have that?

unless they have the shields upgrade the bayonet is a one hit, I’ve gotten triple kills with it b4

I have seen some people are able to do lunges from about 15 feet or more, almost like they have a bayonet or a sword but it’s crazy but they are just meleeing.

> 2533274962122285;16:
> I have seen some people are able to do lunges from about 15 feet or more, almost like they have a bayonet or a sword but it’s crazy but they are just meleeing.

I just had this happen again in a game. It is really like 15 feet away, like you said. I had the jump on him then he lunges at me killing me. There was at least 4-5 bullets in the guy. I dont get it.

> 2535467159460401;17:
> > 2533274962122285;16:
> > I have seen some people are able to do lunges from about 15 feet or more, almost like they have a bayonet or a sword but it’s crazy but they are just meleeing.
>
>
> I just had this happen again in a game. It is really like 15 feet away, like you said. I had the jump on him then he lunges at me killing me. There was at least 4-5 bullets in the guy. I dont get it.

It’s really odd the way they move as well cause if you see it from the perspective of it happening to some one else it’s like they can move like the flash while never using any speed boost or thrusters it’s almost like an increase in frames per second but the animation of it doesn’t seem natural either.