Lose leadership when rejoining my custom game

Hello,

I have a custom game that is being hosted which has been full for 3 days straight. When I join, I do not get my leadership back and this annoys me because for whatever reason the current leader of the game realizes the one who originally started the custom game just joined and decides to kick me. This happened with multiple leaders, and I also hate seeing troll leaders restart the game over and over. In fact, it’s gotten so bad I’m surprised my custom game is still up and running.

Can there be an update so that if the original leader of the match rejoins he get’s his leadership power back?

I do at least like the fact that if the leader leaves the match still goes on… In the past if the leader in Halo left the game the match ends for everyone.

> 2533274852574881;1:
> Hello,
>
> I have a custom game that is being hosted which has been full for 3 days straight. When I join, I do not get my leadership back and this annoys me because for whatever reason the current leader of the game realizes the one who originally started the custom game just joined and decides to kick me. This happened with multiple leaders, and I also hate seeing troll leaders restart the game over and over. In fact, it’s gotten so bad I’m surprised my custom game is still up and running.
>
> Can there be an update so that if the original leader of the match rejoins he get’s his leadership power back?
>
> I do at least like the fact that if the leader leaves the match still goes on… In the past if the leader in Halo left the game the match ends for everyone.

This happened to me too, once i got kicked from MY OWN custom game for no reason, when i was leader.

Is that desirable? It’s not like running your own server. It is a custom game room. The people playing in the game will change over the hours or days you are absent. At that point, is it really your game anymore?

Why not make a new game if you want to be leader again?

What would be nice if we could run our own servers in our own space like back in the day, so we can run a clean fun to play game and ban the grievers and trolls.

Also more control on how we can set up servers. It’s pretty Fisher Price right now.

If anyone can point me to a good tutorial in server set up, I’d be grateful.

Private servers would be great. I hope there is official support somewhere down the line.

> 2533274798142730;3:
> Is that desirable? It’s not like running your own server. It is a custom game room. The people playing in the game will change over the hours or days you are absent. At that point, is it really your game anymore?
>
> Why not make a new game if you want to be leader again?

It is very desirable, because I probably waited an hour until people actually joined, and then another hour for it to fill up. Why go through that again?

Yes it is still my game because when you join it will tell you who originally started the server. This isn’t like the custom edition days where your server will fill up in 5-10 minutes. I also have custom rules and setups that a lot of the standard BG 24/7 games don’t use, so it’s not as simple as just “omg dude just join a BG match that’s full”.

For crying out loud, people are still hosting bloodgulch with FF on and limited vehicles lmfao.

> 2533274852574881;6:
> Yes it is still my game because when you join it will tell you who originally started the server.

So if it didn’t have your name listed as the original custom game creator you would be fine with it?

How is the game meant to know when you leave the game whether your intention is to rejoin in five minutes, two hours, a day, never…? I could see an argument for maybe allowing a limited window to rejoin and regain control in the event you disconnect accidentally. An hour at most. But after a certain amount of time, it’s not your game anymore.

> 2533274798142730;7:
> > 2533274852574881;6:
> > Yes it is still my game because when you join it will tell you who originally started the server.
>
> So if it didn’t have your name listed as the original custom game creator you would be fine with it?
>
> How is the game meant to know when you leave the game whether your intention is to rejoin in five minutes, two hours, a day, never…? I could see an argument for maybe allowing a limited window to rejoin and regain control in the event you disconnect accidentally. An hour at most. But after a certain amount of time, it’s not your game anymore.

… If I originally started the match, then yes it is still my game especially because the new leader can’t modify any maps or game modes. It will always play the variants that I set up…

If a leader was allowed to change maps and game modes, and picks something completely different than mine with different rules then yes I can see how it is no longer my match.

It should be a pretty simple fix… if a gamertag joins that matches the original custom game creator, then that gamertag now becomes the new leader. Done.

> 2533274852574881;1:
> Hello,
>
> I have a custom game that is being hosted which has been full for 3 days straight. When I join, I do not get my leadership back and this annoys me because for whatever reason the current leader of the game realizes the one who originally started the custom game just joined and decides to kick me. This happened with multiple leaders, and I also hate seeing troll leaders restart the game over and over. In fact, it’s gotten so bad I’m surprised my custom game is still up and running.
>
> Can there be an update so that if the original leader of the match rejoins he get’s his leadership power back?
>
> I do at least like the fact that if the leader leaves the match still goes on… In the past if the leader in Halo left the game the match ends for everyone.

I agree 100% if you start a server and for some reason you get disconnected you should be the leader when you log back on the server you started PERIOD!

Had happen last night in a Desert Bus map, Leader got passed to someone who immediately kicked everyone,then left the server which then shut down.

And also as someone here said, A new troll leader who just restarts and restarts the map.

Also saw my first flying hax yesterday. I did run the demo and recorded it and sent to 343.