Looks like the Focus Rifle is back

In this image of the new mystery promethean weapon, you can see what very closely resembles the picture of the Focus Rifle in the secondary weapon slot.

i really hope soo i love using that focus rifle in BTB Reach!!

Yeah, I saw that. I’m so happy to see it back!

I’m sorry but this is VERY early concept work from back in 2010. I’m not saying that the focus rifle isn’t back but I would take this gameplay with a grain of salt. When you are just starting to work on a new game, there will be elements from previous iterations being used in the testing stages. Especially when the two games are sharing the same engine.

Take for instance the grenade selectors on the HUD. It’s the EXACT same format that Reach had when it was released but in the final iterations of Halo 4, it doesn’t look anything like it now. Or how about the Health indicator below the Shields? Still same concept of Reach but is not visible in the final Shield indicator of Halo 4.

Huh good observation, I thought only the beam rifle returned… I guess I was wrong :smiley:

> I’m sorry but this is VERY early concept work from back in 2010. I’m not saying that the focus rifle isn’t back but I would take this gameplay with a grain of salt. When you are just starting to work on a new game, there will be elements from previous iterations being used in the testing stages. Especially when the two games are sharing the same engine.
>
> Take for instance the grenade selectors on the HUD. It’s the EXACT same format that Reach had when it was released but in the final iterations of Halo 4, it doesn’t anything like it now. Or how about the Health indicator below the Shields? Still same concept of Reach but is not visible in the final Shield indicator of Halo 4.

You’re completely right, I totally forgot to take into account that it obviously could have changed. I suppose time will tell :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a 2010 build of the game. Showcasing Infinite Ammo in Campaign (obvious old build is obvious) a Forerunner weapon that will NOT be in the final build, and basically the same HUD as Halo Reach, in fact it even has healthbars, and the EXACT Halo Reach focus rifle image.

Please don’t jump to conclusions. The Beam Rifle is confirmed, the Focus Rifle won’t be back.

> It’s a 2010 build of the game. Showcasing Infinite Ammo in Campaign (obvious old build is obvious) a Forerunner weapon that will NOT be in the final build, and basically the same HUD as Halo Reach, in fact it even has healthbars, and the EXACT Halo Reach focus rifle image.
>
> Please don’t jump to conclusions. The Beam Rifle is confirmed, the Focus Rifle won’t be back.

And how do you know that this Forerunner weapon is not in the final build? This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it.

As much as I’d like to believe so, I think that’s an early build of a Prome-weapon and the Focus Rifle may not have been cut yet at that time.
But hey, here’s hoping the FR made it. Either it or the Sentinel Beam must be in. (all signs point to the Sentinel Beam being in, so the FR is a probably not more so IMO).

Its just a placeholder from the alpha build. Plus the beam rifle is back. Why have the crappy focus rifle?

> here’s hoping the FR made it.

> > It’s a 2010 build of the game. Showcasing Infinite Ammo in Campaign (obvious old build is obvious) a Forerunner weapon that will NOT be in the final build, and basically the same HUD as Halo Reach, in fact it even has healthbars, and the EXACT Halo Reach focus rifle image.
> >
> > Please don’t jump to conclusions. The Beam Rifle is confirmed, the Focus Rifle won’t be back.
>
> And how do you know that this Forerunner weapon is not in the final build? This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it.

Because they said that it was an early concept model as the vid was going or was the weapon that distracting?

> > > It’s a 2010 build of the game. Showcasing Infinite Ammo in Campaign (obvious old build is obvious) a Forerunner weapon that will NOT be in the final build, and basically the same HUD as Halo Reach, in fact it even has healthbars, and the EXACT Halo Reach focus rifle image.
> > >
> > > Please don’t jump to conclusions. The Beam Rifle is confirmed, the Focus Rifle won’t be back.
> >
> > And how do you know that this Forerunner weapon is not in the final build? This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it.
>
> Because they said that it was an early concept model as the vid was going or was the weapon that distracting?

It’s appeared before. That’s not proof, but it’s certainly more evidence then the skeptics can provide.

> > It’s a 2010 build of the game. Showcasing Infinite Ammo in Campaign (obvious old build is obvious) a Forerunner weapon that will NOT be in the final build, and basically the same HUD as Halo Reach, in fact it even has healthbars, and the EXACT Halo Reach focus rifle image.
> >
> > Please don’t jump to conclusions. The Beam Rifle is confirmed, the Focus Rifle won’t be back.
>
> And how do you know that this Forerunner weapon is not in the final build? This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it.

Was it not that obvious that that weapon was an early concept of the Scattershot? Cause that’s exactly what it is.

This is a prototype and is most likely a placeholder.

> i really hope soo i love using that focus rifle in BTB Reach!!

Bacon gun !!!

Chiefs arm looks… uhmm broken or… yeah

Like others have said:

Early Build
Beam Rifle in
Alligator Gun out

How do you guys like that POS gun. It’s so annoying getting shot from it. Have u guys used the beam rifle it’s way better and less annoying.

> How do you guys like that POS gun. It’s so annoying getting shot from it. Have u guys used the beam rifle it’s way better and less annoying.

The Beam Rifle was also more balanced against the Human Sniper Rifle. It would have come in handy in early Invasion Slayer (yuck).