Looks like more reach players than....

Looks like more reach players than… Halo CE or Halo 3. Why is that?

There’s alot of people who prefer Reach over those games. I prefer it over Halo 3 since it’s faster and has better it detection in my eyes. I love CE than both of H3 and Reach mainly because of broken and funny physics can be in that game.

People have their preferences. HR is tons of fun, H3 too! CE can be a mess with the spawns and overpowered pistol, so I can see players avoiding it due to those reasons. My personal favorite is H3, with HR, H2, and H2A also amazing IMO. CE as well, still a timeless classic to me. Even H4 once in a while is also a nice touch!

Many of the OG trilogy fans bailed when Reach came out because a lot of the changes were downgrades or steps in the wrong direction in their eyes (including mine). This allowed Reach to build a whole new fanbase of younger fans. Fans that were too young to truly appreciate the OG trilogies during their releases and so they prefer Reach because it was the newest for them and that’s the game they grew up with.

I personally can’t stand Reach. The Campaign can be fun, but MP is half of what Halo is about for me and the mechanics are not my cup of tea. Bloom, AA’s, ect. I also don’t care for the Spartan 3 armor design and much prefer the Spartan 2’s of H2/3. I could go on, but I understand that everyone has their own tastes on top of being influenced by their generation. Thankfully, Infinite looks like it’s taking all of the right steps towards my type of Halo, from what I’ve seen and played in the flights anyway, but I digress.

> 2533274830340092;2:
> There’s alot of people who prefer Reach over those games. I prefer it over Halo 3 since it’s faster and has better it detection in my eyes. I love CE than both of H3 and Reach mainly because of broken and funny physics can be in that game.

Odd, i stopped playing Halo 3 for its terrible hit detection. I once backsmacked someone twice, and it didn’t even do damage. Another time, i directly hit someone with a scorpion shot, and again, they’ didn’t take damage. This isnt even from lag, as no one was teleporting around or anything

CE, 2, & 3 players are all aging out so to speak. The ones who were kids when Reach came out are becoming the majority now. Those who’s first halo game was reach. No need to worry all the games will still be there, but Reach will be the popular one soon.

As someone who got into Halo recently ( Jan 2020) I find it weird how everyone else my age likes Reach but I like CE the most for both campaign and multi-player even though CE wasn’t the first multi-player I played (it was Halo 3)

I do think a lot of players just have every game/mode enabled. It does seem very easy to find a game of reach and halo 3 though.

i play a lot or reach mp i use to love halo 3 mp but i prefer reach more :slight_smile:

Man sucks to be a Halo 2 fan :frowning:

CE was always going to be the least popular one, but it’s by far my favorite.

Reach is definitely up there in popularity, but I mainly play H3 and never have to wait to find a match. But it could also be the gametype you’re searching for.

Reach has more custom game modes and maps than CE, so I’d imagine it didn’t take long for everyone to get burnt out from playing the same CTF and Slayer modes over and over. As for Halo 3, it’s probably the same situation of being burnt out from it, but mostly from all the new content releases in the past seasons that have been 90% geared towards that game.

That said, I think it was kinda stupid that CE got into CGB before Halo 4. All 3 CE gametypes are playable in social games and there’s no custom maps, so I’m still reeling at the fact that it got added before the most recent game with the most modding capabilities, custom maps, and custom gametypes.

I honestly prefer playing reach over the other games, but I play with all games and modes enable and just happen to end up with HR and H3 for a majority of the matches. Lately it’s been mostly reach.

> 2535428779736382;10:
> Man sucks to be a Halo 2 fan :frowning:

I loved Halo 2 back in the day. And it does have its own feel that I can still go back and enjoy. I think it simply suffers from being the awkward middle child.

CE has its fans and benefitted from being a PC title for many years with updates to the original and mods from its community. Now that MCC is on PC, I think that community has carried over.

Halo 3 brought Forge and extensive custom games features. In many ways it feels like the natural progression of Halo 2. It is where a lot of the older Bungie era fans are drawn.

Reach, as others have pointed out, marks a major shift in Halo and its game design. It split the community, but has its fanbase.

Halo 4 also divided the community, but again has its fans in people who like the direction 343 took the series.

So that leaves Halo 2 as an older title lacking in features, not offering anything really that other games don’t do better. As a package it is its own experience I very much enjoy, but it really lacks a wow factor.

> 2533274986476396;13:
> Reach has more custom game modes and maps than CE, so I’d imagine it didn’t take long for everyone to get burnt out from playing the same CTF and Slayer modes over and over. As for Halo 3, it’s probably the same situation of being burnt out from it, but mostly from all the new content releases in the past seasons that have been 90% geared towards that game.
>
> That said, I think it was kinda stupid that CE got into CGB before Halo 4. All 3 CE gametypes are playable in social games and there’s no custom maps, so I’m still reeling at the fact that it got added before the most recent game with the most modding capabilities, custom maps, and custom gametypes.

There’s CE stuff that isn’t available in social. There’s no race/rally, no juggernaut or reverse tag or phantoms. There’s no assault or iron CTF. And there’s no elimination or endurance. And those are just the built in variants, not including all the various settings that can be tweaked. And 343 added some things that weren’t in the original game without mods, like weaponless games or random weapons. Plus some maps like Boarding Action are hardly in social (it’s only on snipers).

As a huge CE fan, it being added to the CGB is the best thing that’s ever happened to MCC for me in the 7 years I’ve been playing it. The stuff in social has gotten so stale and sweaty. Vanilla CE doesn’t have custom maps, but it has a lot of custom variants that really make the game a more diverse and interesting experience. I’ve been having loads of fun testing out variants in the CGB–it’s the best CE experience I’ve had since the heyday of the CE PC Gearbox port.