Looks like Banshee is still Overpowered...

Just watched a little bit of gameplay showing the Beam Rifle and the Banshee, and I have to say, the Banshee looks like it plays a lot like Reach’s. There are still Banshee tricks and the Banshee bomb is still there.

Anyone else think it still looks overpowered? I thought they’d nerf it after how bad it was in Reach.

The banshee bomb no longer has such a massive radius, and the tricks are much, MUCH slower. It’s perfect. We don’t want the banshee to be completely useless, now do we?

Without quick Banshee tricks, it’ll get lit up by lasers, DMR’s, snipers, etc…

A good team in Reach could WRECK a Banshee with DMR fire, and those Banshees had intense flips.

As long as you can still down it with small arms fire I’ll be happy.

Not that OP because the banshee’s speed has been nerfed and it looks a lot easier to hijack.

Banshee looks balanced to me. Don’t forget it is a vehicle… it should be powerful just not overpowered. I think 343i nailed it.

The people who actually played the game seem to think that the Banshee has been nerfed around the point of being similar to Halo 3’s in power, with being similar to Reach’s Banshee in destructabillity.

The banshee in Reach wouldn’t have been so bad if more maps containing it had an adequate way of bringing it down available to BOTH sides (Not just the one SPLaser on Utopie)

This would discourage the banshee pilot from just swooping in and getting a frenzy in four seconds without any effort, forcing then to actually THINK while using the Banshee. No Nerf Required.

But lacking that a Nerf would definitely be needed, and H4’s Banshee doesn’t seem to have too big of a blast radius now.

It looks closer to Halo 3, meaning everybody will just be using it for Splatters.

Taking step backs is not how you progress, they should have looked at fixing Reachs Banshee rather then going backwards where they think everybody was happy. Even simply draining from the boost meter with flips would have gone a long way to balance it.

Its about the same as the halo 3 one which was fine for MM

Do you want it to be useless?

man i love the reach banshee, and if u concentrate ur fire–even a dmr can take it down. not op

The banshee has had the bomb and tricks since halo 2.

well would you like it to have no guns or bombs?! come on now…

> man i love the reach banshee, and if u concentrate ur fire–even a dmr can take it down. not op

Yeah, after about 3 clips. More than enough time for them to shoot a bomb in your general area and kill you. Only way DMR takes it out is if it is already weak, or you’re team shooting it.

> well would you like it to have no guns or bombs?! come on now…

No, but it shouldn’t be able to fire a bomb, get a kill, backflip, turn, fire a bomb, get a kill, backflip, turn, fire a bomb, get a kill, backflip…

> There are still Banshee tricks and the Banshee bomb is still there.

I didn’t consider it overpowered in Halo 2 or 3…

Banshee is more like halo 3 if you ask me.

In terms of vehicle health of course

They buffed plasma cannons, and I believe they nerfed the bomb. The banshee tricks are much much slower.

I think the only reason you think it is like Reach is because you saw Eli get kills with the bomb, and he was only using it really. So when you saw that, it made you think back to how bad you got owned by banshee bomb in Reach every time.

In other words, you just automatically associate the banshee bomb with bad things and memories, when really there isn’t anything wrong with Halo 4 Banshee.

You also associate banshee tricks with being bad, because you constantly saw it flipping in Reach. Well the banshee had tricks and a bomb in 3 as well.

It’s ridiculous that you say there are still banshee tricks and bombs like they aren’t supposed to be there. If they weren’t there it wouldn’t really be a banshee.

Are you kidding me OP? Hat to tell you this but fifteen shots with the dmr or three to four sniper shots and it is gone also easy to skyjack and stun with plasma pistol

The Halo2 Banshee was the best by far in my opinion. Extremely deadly for those who took the time to get good with it. Not overpowered for anyone who steps into the dam thing.

Gaming companies think that instead of making players play the game to get good at certain aspects, that they should instead increase its damage massively so that even a beginner can jump into one and start reeking havoc. Its just a flawed concept that almost all gaming companies are adapting because it sells.

Bad players love to hop into news things and instantly feel good at it. Work and a learning curve are things this generation of gamers wont ever have to worry about.