Looks good, But im sticking by my guns...

Halo 4 so far is looking great. It looks like a very VERY promising game.

But i am going to stick by my guns and say that their Forerunner architecture just doesnt reflect what we have seen in EVERY OTHER GAME. What they have looks great, but it just doesnt look Forerunner.

I understand that these are supposedly functioning machines. but take into consideration that every Halo installation has been functioning smoothly and cleanly for millenia and the vast majority of it looked quite “ancient” in design. This is proof that the design of the forerunners is supposed to look ancient. What we got a taste of so far looks so far beyond the original vision of the architecture that it doesnt even look forerunner.

I understand the game is made by a new company, and they are eager to make their mark on it in a unique way. But we are going to a forerunner world, and it needs to look forerunner.

like I said, it all looks good, and i cant wait, but their views of the architecture of the once ancient and mysterious beings has now twisted it into something else.

We really haven’t seem much of the Forerunner architecture asides from the multiplayer map. I say it’s too early to really judge what it’s all going to be like at this point in time.

Nevertheless, I find it looks very much Forerunner, more so than what we saw in Reach anyway.

idk i honestly thought it was gorgeous. i dont mind it

> We really haven’t seem much of the Forerunner architecture asides from the multiplayer map. I say it’s too early to really judge what it’s all going to be like at this point in time.
>
> Nevertheless, I find it looks very much Forerunner, more so than what we saw in Reach anyway.

It all does look good, but not forerunner. If you have payed attention to every other game you would know that the style has only changed slightly throughout. I wished I could explain the architecture in a coherent way but I cannot sum up exactly in words. Forge, yeah, I can MAKE something that looks incredibly forerunner. But i cant explain exactly.

While Forerunner architecture generally is metallic grey, the color may be defined by its placement and purpose. There might very well be a good reason for why the structures are white. But I very much agree that the majority of color we see in thw game needs to be like what we have seen in the past games because that seems to be the color Forerunners mainly use. But aside from the map we’ve seen this far, we really don’t know what the structures in the game will look like.

> While Forerunner architecture generally is metallic grey, the color may be defined by its placement and purpose. There might very well be a good reason for why the structures are white. But I very much agree that the majority of color we see in thw game needs to be like what we have seen in the past games because that seems to be the color Forerunners mainly use. But aside from the map we’ve seen this far, we really don’t know what the structures in the game will look like.

we do have a taste of what it will look like from the concept art. And it is a prime example of what Forerunner architecture never used to look like. Everything was curvy. One in particular looked like a giant fish tail sticking out of the ground surrounded by shark fins.

It all does look good, but not forerunner.

(and I am not talking about the color, it was a light grey, but the shapes were covered in too many parallelograms)

> > While Forerunner architecture generally is metallic grey, the color may be defined by its placement and purpose. There might very well be a good reason for why the structures are white. But I very much agree that the majority of color we see in thw game needs to be like what we have seen in the past games because that seems to be the color Forerunners mainly use. But aside from the map we’ve seen this far, we really don’t know what the structures in the game will look like.
>
> we do have a taste of what it will look like from the concept art. And it is a prime example of what Forerunner architecture never used to look like. Everything was curvy. One in particular looked like a giant fish tail sticking out of the ground surrounded by shark fins.
>
> It all does look good, but not forerunner.
>
> (and I am not talking about the color, it was a light grey, but the shapes were covered in too many parallelograms)

I had to go back and rewatch the trailer (gameplay, not concept art) and considering by what was shown, it looks more Forerunner than I thought it did. The shapes are still angular with smooth surfaces and very little curves. I have to admit that I can’t really see your problem.

I thought it looked pretty Forerunner-ish myself. It especially reminded me of the stuff in Halo Wars.

But as we saw in Sandtrap (assuming Sandtrap is Forerunner)… and the last Hang’em High Variant… Grey is not the only color the Forerunner have.

All that said, Grey is great for breaking up structure and landscape, especially between green grasses and Blue/multi-colored sky boxes.

OH WAIT… then there’s all the structures on the Delta Halo… a lot of those were brown too.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that there’s one color/architecture which is Forerunner. And just because you see something new, doesn’t mean that it wont fit.

It kinda looks like NOVA2 (Ipad game) which is a bit of a throw off for me… even the spartans look like an enlarge version of the NOVA 2 soldiers…