Looking to far into "starts in 2014"

I have been reading threads some threads and have seen multiple people mention the teaser trailer starts in 2014 and says that means something. In my opinion it could mean something but most likely does not.

The teaser trailer was released in 2013. They had not even released any info on the game at that time. Just the teaser. They most likely just meant that they plan on officially announcing the game in 2014 like they did.

This is just my opinion and maybe im missing something. Feel free to comment im gonna be here for a while to reply.

They said that our journey starts in 2014. That implies more than just officially announcing the game

> They said that our journey starts in 2014. That implies more than just officially announcing the game

I see where your coming from but I just dont see much more coming out a year in advance. Maybe the earliest stages of gameplay and some announcements actually about the games story or multiplayer later but i dont see what else they could release…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.

Its probably a ODST or Halo Wars type game. I am guessing we are getting a H2A but to me that isn’t the start of a journey, its going back to an old one.

We are getting something this year just not H5.

> > They said that our journey starts in 2014. That implies more than just officially announcing the game
>
> I see where your coming from but I just dont see much more coming out a year in advance. Maybe the earliest stages of gameplay and some announcements actually about the games story or multiplayer later but i dont see what else they could release…

Easy, other content in interactive or non-interactive mediums (smaller games, movies, mini-series, TV-shows, books, radio-dramas, Broadway musicals, ect.) that leads into Halo 5’s plot. “Journey” in this case can just be taken as marketing speak as “we’ll start making you care about the game with other related stuff starting this year.” Now just what shape that stuff exactly takes is Microsoft to know and us to find out in small drips, but its undoubtedly more than just more blog posts and an E3 performance.

I believe the game is releasing in 2015 for two reasons.

1. So they can take their time and make the game good, fun, and worth playing.

2. They may also be doing this so we can have a Halo 2 Anniversary this year.

Wishful thinking, but maybe the Halo 1-4 port project is actually a full on effort, and it has its own multiplayer, which is halo multiplayer, and a whole bunch of classic maps to go with it.

This multiplayer will be used in Halo 5 when it comes out.
Think of it as a year long beta test for Halo 5’s mp, disguised as a separate multiplayer suite. The ending result iis that this project has its own mp suite, Halo 5 has a lot of beta testing for mp, and Halo 5 could launch with a large number of maps.

That’z how I would do it.
Granted there is the problem of Halo 5 then having a forked engine, but they could make it work. They might also get criticized for doing it this way – people might claim theyre rehashing the mp for halo 5-- but if theyre upfront about it and market it well it would work.

Halo 5 and the Halo 1-4 ports are getting really good press. I think its partially because of the Kinect-free xbox one, GwG on xbox one, no paywall, etc. announcements recently. Xbox has momentum.

> Well you might be right, but we’ll have significantly more to say about that at E3 and beyond. Suffice it to say, another shoe has yet to drop.

I’m going to set this straight for everyone. Think back to why HCEA was released, it was the ten year anniversary. Well, can anyone guess what 2014 is?

Yes, that’s right, the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 is this year.

So, needless to say, if they are going to do a Halo 2:Anniversary, this is basically the year to do it.

Plus there have been multiple quotes saying that there will be a Halo game in 2014 as promised. So basically it is a 99% chance if it is a full game, it will be H2:A and they will announce it at E3.