Looking for some advice from any good players

Ok, so me and my friend are pretty decent at halo wars, and we do a lot of 2v2s as double cutter. It usually seems to work for us, but we encountered a strategy today that i’ve seen WAY too many times and DESPISE IT. Long story short- How do you effectively stop a double arbiter suicide grunt attack? NOT talking about a rush; we almost always can stop enemy rushes. I’m talking about the fully upgraded invisible arbiters sneaking behind your base and teleporting 50 suicide grunts in to insta-nuke your base, mid-game. Is there a good way to stop or effectively counter this type of cheap strategy? Any help is much appreciated.

Easy, build turrents, and upgrade them to at least medium.(the flame morder ability also helps) Then, if you do manage to research any ODST’s at that point, then emediatly deploy them in front of your base. The ODST’s arnt meant to stop the grunts, but only slow them down. If the arbiter decides to do this early in the game, then just build the turrents and give them the flame morder ability, and you should be fine. This strategy is also effective against warthog rushes. Anyway, this is all i can give you, so i hope it helped. :slight_smile:

> Ok, so me and my friend are pretty decent at halo wars, and we do a lot of 2v2s as double cutter. It usually seems to work for us, but we encountered a strategy today that i’ve seen WAY too many times and DESPISE IT. Long story short- How do you effectively stop a double arbiter suicide grunt attack? NOT talking about a rush; we almost always can stop enemy rushes. I’m talking about the fully upgraded invisible arbiters sneaking behind your base and teleporting 50 suicide grunts in to insta-nuke your base, mid-game. Is there a good way to stop or effectively counter this type of cheap strategy? Any help is much appreciated.

Do you even build units…? if they are putting all of their money into suicide grunts, you should easily roll them with tanks.

> Easy, build turrents, and upgrade them to at least medium.(the flame morder ability also helps) Then, if you do manage to research any ODST’s at that point, then emediatly deploy them in front of your base. The ODST’s arnt meant to stop the grunts, but only slow them down. If the arbiter decides to do this early in the game, then just build the turrents and give them the flame morder ability, and you should be fine. This strategy is also effective against warthog rushes. Anyway, this is all i can give you, so i hope it helped. :slight_smile:

i just had to do this, but “turret” not “turrent” sorry i had a smart -Yoink- moment

www.halowarslegion.com

Ely and Limitz (Super high-level players) made a new website dedicated to helping people get better at halo wars.

> > Easy, build turrents, and upgrade them to at least medium.(the flame morder ability also helps) Then, if you do manage to research any ODST’s at that point, then emediatly deploy them in front of your base. The ODST’s arnt meant to stop the grunts, but only slow them down. If the arbiter decides to do this early in the game, then just build the turrents and give them the flame morder ability, and you should be fine. This strategy is also effective against warthog rushes. Anyway, this is all i can give you, so i hope it helped. :slight_smile:
>
> i just had to do this, but “turret” not “turrent” sorry i had a smart -Yoink!- moment

Lol a Halo4follower moment. He says “turrents” ALL THE TIME.

> > Ok, so me and my friend are pretty decent at halo wars, and we do a lot of 2v2s as double cutter. It usually seems to work for us, but we encountered a strategy today that i’ve seen WAY too many times and DESPISE IT. Long story short- How do you effectively stop a double arbiter suicide grunt attack? NOT talking about a rush; we almost always can stop enemy rushes. I’m talking about the fully upgraded invisible arbiters sneaking behind your base and teleporting 50 suicide grunts in to insta-nuke your base, mid-game. Is there a good way to stop or effectively counter this type of cheap strategy? Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Do you even build units…? if they are putting all of their money into suicide grunts, you should easily roll them with tanks.

Yeah I know it sounds like I suck but this happens to me a lot in 3v3s and in 2v2s its a bit harder to recover from. As a rush, I find it easy to defeat. My problem is when it happens when both sides have expanded throughout the map and have an advanced tech level with upgraded units, etc. Here is my example. It was on the docks and we had every strategic location locked down. We even had ODSTs garrisoned in crashed warthogs on their half. Most of my tanks were in the middle, while I had fully upgraded turrets at my base and 4 dual launcher wolves protecting our original bases in case of a banshee assault. So most of our forces were in the middle of the map preparing for their first huge wave, because we like to turtle and then counter-attack. Meanwhile, the arbiter just sneaks behind our base and unloads 50 suicide grunts on our main bases while the other arbiter just spammed a full pop of hunters. Im just asking how do you defend against this kind of sneak attack? Is there any certain way to prepare for or stop it? Another time this happened to me in a 3v3 and it turned out being a 4 hour long game, when one of the enemies used ONLY this strategy in an attempt to weaken us, but we just decided to defend until the other team quit which worked! I just want to know how to survive this kind of attack without losing all my tech and being able to attack the enemy on their turf.

Like Metaloid said, you should already have a full-pop between all of you by the time they can get T3 Suies; they wouldn’t have that number of T3 Suies until well into the late-game. If you really meant a full-pop of T3 Suies, you can get 50 Tanks before they can get 50 Suies, so I think you really mean about 20 Zeal Suies at once, right?

If this is the case, then you can still have at least one full pop of Tanks out by this time with Canis. One way to stop a pre-Ghastly Arbiter is to just keep a scout in between you and him, then all-in on him as he’s making his way over to you. Another thing is that, if you’re playing the game properly and harassing, their Arby would never have a chance to get Suies out past 6 minutes or they’d risk falling too far behind.

I think you’re problem isn’t the Suies, it’s that you’re not playing an efficient early-game and not keeping pressure on during the mid-game. No good team would ever try Suies late into the game because they’d either be caught on their way over (and killed) or they would lose the unit battle for their team (and the game) after investing their money so poorly. That Suie strategy is a very bad idea because of its setup. All you have to do is play a smart game while they’re setting up and they won’t have the resources to pull that off by the time you’ve already won. Halo Wars is a fast-paced RTS game, which means you can’t afford to let your opponent do what they want for any period in the game or you risk losing.

I’m not the best player out there, and I’m an Anders player, but yeah… getting T3 suicide grunted isn’t the problem, letting the game get to that point is the problem. The suicide grunts are just a formality, it could have been anything that killed you.

If you are constantly active with your army and are forcing them to maintain an army or die, they will never be able to get that many suicide grunts in the first place. As Cutter, you should wind up having upgraded tanks as early as your opponent allows you to, and that will definitely force your opponents to play properly or die.

> > > Easy, build turrents, and upgrade them to at least medium.(the flame morder ability also helps) Then, if you do manage to research any ODST’s at that point, then emediatly deploy them in front of your base. The ODST’s arnt meant to stop the grunts, but only slow them down. If the arbiter decides to do this early in the game, then just build the turrents and give them the flame morder ability, and you should be fine. This strategy is also effective against warthog rushes. Anyway, this is all i can give you, so i hope it helped. :slight_smile:
> >
> > i just had to do this, but “turret” not “turrent” sorry i had a smart -Yoink!- moment
>
> Lol a Halo4follower moment. He says “turrents” ALL THE TIME.

I dont know who either of you are, and i am sure you havnt seen me before. So saying something like “he says turrents all the time” is BS, because like i just said, none of you even know me and this is the first thread where i have mentioned “turrets”.(no joke)
Also, if you are going to mock my advice like that, then i hope you get suicide bombed to hell by any arbiter.

^Lolwut

An easy way to not die by T3 SG’s is to attack your enemy. Hope this helps!

> > > > Easy, build turrents, and upgrade them to at least medium.(the flame morder ability also helps) Then, if you do manage to research any ODST’s at that point, then emediatly deploy them in front of your base. The ODST’s arnt meant to stop the grunts, but only slow them down. If the arbiter decides to do this early in the game, then just build the turrents and give them the flame morder ability, and you should be fine. This strategy is also effective against warthog rushes. Anyway, this is all i can give you, so i hope it helped. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > i just had to do this, but “turret” not “turrent” sorry i had a smart -Yoink!- moment
> >
> > Lol a Halo4follower moment. He says “turrents” ALL THE TIME.
>
>
>
> I dont know who either of you are, and i am sure you havnt seen me before. So saying something like “he says turrents all the time” is BS, because like i just said, none of you even know me and this is the first thread where i have mentioned “turrets”.(no joke)
> Also, if you are going to mock my advice like that, then i hope you get suicide bombed to hell by any arbiter.

Sorry, I wasn’t talking about you. There is a youtuber named Halo4follower who says “turrents” in his videos all the time. Wasn’t making fun of you. P.S. I don’t want to get suicide-bombed anymore :frowning:

> I’m not the best player out there, and I’m an Anders player, but yeah… getting T3 suicide grunted isn’t the problem, letting the game get to that point is the problem. The suicide grunts are just a formality, it could have been anything that killed you.
>
> If you are constantly active with your army and are forcing them to maintain an army or die, they will never be able to get that many suicide grunts in the first place. As Cutter, you should wind up having upgraded tanks as early as your opponent allows you to, and that will definitely force your opponents to play properly or die.

Ok, so I guess what im getting is that I need to scout more and keep the pressure on so that they are forced NOT to build suicide grunts. But I have to disagree with you. This was the only strategy they could have used for victory. We had a rock solid defense. We were perfectly protected from literally any other attack. But from now on I’ll just automatically assume and prepare for this when seeing double arbiter. The only reason this happened though was because like I said before, we rarely make the first move. We just normally counter to win.

> > I’m not the best player out there, and I’m an Anders player, but yeah… getting T3 suicide grunted isn’t the problem, letting the game get to that point is the problem. The suicide grunts are just a formality, it could have been anything that killed you.
> >
> > If you are constantly active with your army and are forcing them to maintain an army or die, they will never be able to get that many suicide grunts in the first place. As Cutter, you should wind up having upgraded tanks as early as your opponent allows you to, and that will definitely force your opponents to play properly or die.
>
> Ok, so I guess what im getting is that I need to scout more and keep the pressure on so that they are forced NOT to build suicide grunts. But I have to disagree with you. This was the only strategy they could have used for victory. We had a rock solid defense. We were perfectly protected from literally any other attack. But from now on I’ll just automatically assume and prepare for this when seeing double arbiter. The only reason this happened though was because like I said before, we rarely make the first move. We just normally counter to win.

Hmm… I see. Well, the weakness of using a defensive playstyle is that by “leaving them alone,” you give your opponents opportunities to sneak in something unexpected, so try to work around that idea.

A former English professor of mine game me some good advice about using poetic license when writing; you need to know the rules in order to break the rules. This advice applies to many practices in life, and what I think is happening here is you are breaking some rules without fully understanding them, therefore leaving holes in your strategy.

You should try being more offensive for a little bit so you get a feel of what “standard” strategy feels like. Maybe try some new characters? Once you’re happy with your new style, dial it back to your more defensive double-Cutter style you want to play, but apply what you’ve learned. I think you’ll find that things like moving your army forward enough to threaten the enemy but not attack is a way to put pressure on the opponent while remaining defensive. Scout constantly and let them know that they need to be scared of your options. That alone should force them to play the game the way you want them to instead of doing some crazy BS.

Of course, if they don’t make an army, you can always go ahead and just ****ing kill them lol.

Good luck. Hopefully you learn some things, and hopefully I don’t have to play you. Playing against turtle Cutters long-term suuuucks lol.