Looking for feedback on my CTF map

Here’s the download link if you’re interested in checking it out:Undulation 0.5(old version)

i want to hear everyone’s opinion of it so i’m open to all feedback, it’s my first conventional map so i want everything to work well. feel free to download it and play if you want but it’s only in beta form.

heres an overview of the map:http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/terry%20309/halo4/fileshare/recentscreenshots#?details=d401ffbf-2f33-4e97-a3f8-cc27c32eb3d8

any feedback/advice is appreciated thanks.

new version: Undulation 0.75

edits for Undulation 0.75:

• i put two walls with a space in between (to walk through) by the grav lift. i’m currently thinking on what to put for sniper cover, some sort of tunnel so the warthog can drive through but with more line of sight blockers.

-i’ve removed the covers to give myself more budget, i replaced them with stunt ramps and i placed some tunnels to act as line of sight blockers with a ramp leading up to another tunnel (to give more height variation) to act as a lookout point, theres also a random drop for plasma grenades here

-i’ve walled in the warehouse area and added ramps as line of sight blockers at the top of the tunnel outpost and added a roof with a kill barrier on top due to having too much cover

-i removed some covers and some pallets that didn’t contribute much to the map

-removed the braces added some ramps for walls and made a staircase with a grav lift

Hey there. Feel free to click the link in my sig to take you to a map testing thread.

I can’t personally test at the moment, but if you message the user named “A Virtual Duck” they should test it pretty quickly.

From the screenshot, the map seems very open and very flat. I’d recommend adding som hieght variation and some cover along the edges, because right now it seems pretty suicidal to move anywhere (very open map).

Lack of height variation leads to stale gameplay pretty quickly as well.

Those towers on the outer middle areas seem very campable to say the least, and it looks like you’ve got a lot of spawnpoints in the open (and just jumbled about as well.)

Hope this helps a bit.

> Hey there. Feel free to click the link in my description to take you to a map testing thread.
>
> I can’t personally test at the moment, but if you message the user named “A Virtual Duck” they should test it pretty quickly.
>
> From the screenshot, the map seems very open and very flat. I’d recommend adding som hieght variation and some cover along the edges, because right now it seems pretty suicidal to move anywhere (very open map).
>
> Lack of height variation leads to stale gameplay pretty quickly as well.
>
> Those towers on the outer middle areas seem very campable to say the least, and it looks like you’ve got a lot of spawnpoints in the open (and just jumbled about as well.)
>
> Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the feedback, really helps a lot. anyways in response to the feedback, i realize that the towers seemed campy and i put a grav lift which takes you to the top of the tower. i will add more cover once the map has been tested based on the choke points on the map (since i’m working on a limited budget $110 left).

Since the map is btb which i forgot to mention, i intend on it being open since there is a warthog at each base but if any cover is necesarry i will add it. As for the spawns, i could seek some advice on that, i’ve looked up tutorials for spawns but they only teach the basics, as for positioning, i might need some suggestions for where i should place them, testing should solve that problem.

> > Hey there. Feel free to click the link in my description to take you to a map testing thread.
> >
> > I can’t personally test at the moment, but if you message the user named “A Virtual Duck” they should test it pretty quickly.
> >
> > From the screenshot, the map seems very open and very flat. I’d recommend adding som hieght variation and some cover along the edges, because right now it seems pretty suicidal to move anywhere (very open map).
> >
> > Lack of height variation leads to stale gameplay pretty quickly as well.
> >
> > Those towers on the outer middle areas seem very campable to say the least, and it looks like you’ve got a lot of spawnpoints in the open (and just jumbled about as well.)
> >
> > Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, really helps a lot i was looking for your thread actually but since i couldn’t find it i made a post, anyways in response to the feedback, i realize that the towers seemed campy and i put a grav lift which takes you to the top of the tower. i’ll post the map on your thread so that you can maybe give me some advice on the spawning and i will add more cover once the map has been tested based on the choke points on the map (since i’m working on a limited budget $110 left).
>
> Since the map is btb which i forgot to mention, i intend on it being open since there is a warthog at each base but if any cover is necesarry i will add it. As for the spawns, i could seek some advice on that, i’ve looked up tutorials for spawns but they only teach the basics, as for positioning, i might need some suggestions for where i should place them, testing should solve that problem.

Seems a tad small for BTB, but I guess it’s probably bigger in game than I can tell from the screenshots.

I’d run through it given the opportunity so I could give better feeback, but my Halo 4 disc no longer works and as such I’m unable to test. There might be a video on the Forge thread in one of the replies that will give a bit more information on the Halo 4 spawn system, so I’d recommend checking that out to see if it helps.

I’ll definitely reserve judgement until I’ve seen the map up close, but especially for BTB (which tends to be long range) some extra cover would definitely be handy.

But like I said, A Virtual Duck will probably be a lot more help than I am for the time being. Might want to send them a message.

sucks that you broke your disk but your feedback has helped me improve my map a lot, still can’t do much about the spawns though but i added a few new areas to give a little more height variation and it’s made it open just enough for a warthog to drive around