Looking for a new clan

I’m just on the lookout for a new clan considering that my current one is inactive. Comment or shoot me a message.

Hey mate i am the leader of Fireteam Achlys a new casual military clan that works together to enhance our skills and abilities as Spartans. We look for all kinds of players accepting any ranked or new players to help grow Their skills together. How recruit you is easy we take you into a public match and see your ability as a spartan. If you have any further questions please feel free to message me and i will respond as soon as i can.
Field Marshal The Wanderer117

> 2535446942680720;1:
> I’m just on the lookout for a new clan considering that my current one is inactive. Comment or shoot me a message.

Fireteam Cerberus would be happy to offer you a spot. We’re a casual group with members in the UK, Europe, and North America. Our only requirements are a mature and cooperative attitude and ideally a mic (though that isn’t an absolute requirement)

We are into pretty much any Halo game you care to mention and we have people of a wide variety of interests within that.

We are part of a wider global partnership ithrough tìie XBL club Halo Cooperative Gaming Club, which we founded in partnership with other like-minded Spartan Companies. This provides our members with access to an even wider network of players

> Fireteam Cerberus
> Fireteam Achlys

Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…

> 2533274888753908;4:
> > Fireteam CerberusFireteam Achlys
>
> Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…

I know right lol

Try SoVx, you can apply here: soldiersofvalkyrie.weebly.com

feel free to message me if you have any questions.

> 2533274888753908;4:
> > Fireteam CerberusFireteam Achlys
>
> Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…

I did classics at uni so… yeah… Classics geek time:
Technically Cerberus is the Latin spelling, a direct transliteration from Greek would be Kerberos. Depending on who you believe the Romans and Greeks may have had different interpretations of what Cerberus looked like (or, IMHO, more likely they had the same ideas but some traits have only been passed to us via Roman authors and the Greek references to those are lost

When I was deciding on name I was torn between Cerberus and Ajax (Aias, in Greek transliteration), but Cerberus just seemed better known.

Hey there, check out Nubbstompers. We’ve got a solid group of active members that use mics for chatting and call outs. Which helps make it less frustrating and actually fun (what a concept I know lol). Our Xbox club and WhatsApp chat are a handy resource to help you find other members to party up with. Which is great for building BTB/WZ/Arena teams up.

So if you’d like to join or have any questions, let me know or go to the company page (Nubbstompers) to sign up now.

> 2533274874872263;7:
> > 2533274888753908;4:
> > > Fireteam CerberusFireteam Achlys
> >
> > Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…
>
> Achilles is the Latin spelling too, the transliteration of the Greek is Achilleus. Technically nowhere in surviving Greek mythology is Achilles’ heel mentioned as his only point of vulnerability - that was only introduced by the Roman poet Statius (although he may have gotten that from a now-lost Greek source). Achilys is, I’m afraid, just a plain wrong spelling. You could also have had the French: Achille.

I believe I never said Achilles. I said Achlys, the Greek goddess of misery, sadness and death; at least that’s what I remember reading about. There is not much written on her due to her lack of significance, but she’s there nevertheless. She was represented on the shield of Heracles. In fact the only representations we have of her are from Heracleses shield, Hesiod, and Nonnus.

but thanks for that, I actually like reading origins

> 2533274888753908;9:
> > 2533274874872263;7:
> > > 2533274888753908;4:
> > > > Fireteam CerberusFireteam Achlys
> > >
> > > Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…
> >
> > Achilles is the Latin spelling too, the transliteration of the Greek is Achilleus. Technically nowhere in surviving Greek mythology is Achilles’ heel mentioned as his only point of vulnerability - that was only introduced by the Roman poet Statius (although he may have gotten that from a now-lost Greek source). Achilys is, I’m afraid, just a plain wrong spelling. You could also have had the French: Achille.
>
> I believe I never said Achilles. I said Achlys, the Greek goddess of misery, sadness and death; at least that’s what I remember reading about. There is not much written on her due to her lack of significance, but she’s there nevertheless. She was represented on the shield of Heracles. In fact the only representations we have of her are from Heracleses shield, Hesiod, and Nonnus.
>
> but thanks for that, I actually like reading origins

And this is why you should never skim-read folks. Apologies!

LOVE the reference

And there was me worried Ajax was obscure

> 2533274874872263;10:
> > 2533274888753908;9:
> > > 2533274874872263;7:
> > > > 2533274888753908;4:
> > > > > Fireteam CerberusFireteam Achlys
> > > >
> > > > Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…
> > >
> > > Achilles is the Latin spelling too, the transliteration of the Greek is Achilleus. Technically nowhere in surviving Greek mythology is Achilles’ heel mentioned as his only point of vulnerability - that was only introduced by the Roman poet Statius (although he may have gotten that from a now-lost Greek source). Achilys is, I’m afraid, just a plain wrong spelling. You could also have had the French: Achille.
> >
> > I believe I never said Achilles. I said Achlys, the Greek goddess of misery, sadness and death; at least that’s what I remember reading about. There is not much written on her due to her lack of significance, but she’s there nevertheless. She was represented on the shield of Heracles. In fact the only representations we have of her are from Heracleses shield, Hesiod, and Nonnus.
> >
> > but thanks for that, I actually like reading origins
>
> And this is why you should never skim-read folks. Apologies!
>
> LOVE the reference
>
> And there was me worried Ajax was obscure

Haha, I skim read yours and then replied and read before posting :smiley:

It’s funny, I had a few people say Achilles was not original and then I told them how to say the name (Akh-Loos) and suddenly they had no idea who it was :slight_smile:

> 2533274888753908;9:
> > 2533274874872263;7:
> > > 2533274888753908;4:
> > > > Fireteam CerberusFireteam Achlys
> > >
> > > Wow. We had Achlys and now Cerberus? Greek myth seems to be popular…
> >
> > Achilles is the Latin spelling too, the transliteration of the Greek is Achilleus. Technically nowhere in surviving Greek mythology is Achilles’ heel mentioned as his only point of vulnerability - that was only introduced by the Roman poet Statius (although he may have gotten that from a now-lost Greek source). Achilys is, I’m afraid, just a plain wrong spelling. You could also have had the French: Achille.
>
> I believe I never said Achilles. I said Achlys, the Greek goddess of misery, sadness and death; at least that’s what I remember reading about. There is not much written on her due to her lack of significance, but she’s there nevertheless. She was represented on the shield of Heracles. In fact the only representations we have of her are from Heracleses shield, Hesiod, and Nonnus.
>
> but thanks for that, I actually like reading origins

yeah your right about her description