Looking for a good arbiter Build Order/ Halo wars

Right now I play the Brute chieftain, however I was Looking to expand my game knowledge by playing arbiter. As brute chieftain I run
Warehouse > Warehouse > Upgrade both to blessed warehouse > Temple > Summit > Shield generator.
With that said if anyone can give tips on better build orders for brute chieftain, or any build order for the Arbiter, I would be greatful.
-Genral Wiggin, GL HF

Is this 1v1 you’re talking about? If so, I’d just stick with the Chieftain and modify your strategy.

Temple 3rd is a good idea as it gives you a really good eco if your opponent doesn’t manage to take down any of your supply pads with Hogs. But that eco that Temple 3rd gives you won’t last if you go summit and then shield generator directly after it. Personally, I never recommend shield generators in 1s. In team games, I put them on expansions, but besides that I see it as a waste of a building slot. It just sits there doing nothing until someone attacks your base. And when they get there, it only delays the inevitable. As for the summit, if you’re talking 1s I’d scrap that idea as well. Banshees are only good in team games because how fast they are and how large the maps are. In 1v1, you don’t have that large map problem. So, I’ll give you my Chieftain build:

Warehouse, warehouse, temple, upgrade both warehouses, warehouse, warehouse, queue up Citadel while the warehouse is about 65% done, then go double hall.

It gives you a great eco and the double hall allows for very fast unit production as well as offers counters to all types of units. If they go tanks, build Hunters. If they go infantry, build Jackals. If they go air, build Grunts and Brutes. But that’s only if you’re talking about 1s. Team games are much different.

Thank you Spartan YearlongAlarm96 I will try this for my solos, but the build I had put out there is my 2v2 build. I have a teammate who mains Cutter, so would you still recommend Double hall?
-Spartan 4915, [WOLF] Genral Wiggin SR11

Eh, team games aren’t exactly my speciality, but I do know that double hall isn’t half as popular in them. The way the dynamic works with the Covenant is that the Arbiter is best in team games and the Brute is best in 1v1. I don’t play Arbiter all that often, but I do know that a lot of good 2v2 players really rely on how well they rage. So if you haven’t already learned, I’d suggest learning the rage glitch. It’s not game breaking in any way, but it lets you get into rage mode without the animation where the Arbiter does his little Wolverine impersonation. It basically lets you get into rage mode faster, thus you take less unnecessary damage. Here’s a link to a good video that demonstrates how to pull it off. It takes a while to get down, but it’s worth it in the long run.

The reason Arby is bad in 1s is because how expensive rage is. But in 2v2, your ally can give you supplies. Thus, his weaknesses are negated. The typical strat is to go Temple 2nd and go to the enemy’s side of the map. If it’s double UNSC or UNSC/Arbiter that you’re going up against, it’s best to build a few suicide grunts and throw them into supply pads. If it’s Prophet, you should probably just upgrade your Arbiter, as the PoR is a very good defensive leader who can just beam down your grunts and leave when his shields go down. Against the Brute, a brute rush is probably incoming and you should prepare a few suicide grunts to explode on the Chieftain and get him to retreat without doing any damage.

After the early game, you should go for Banshees if everything goes smooth. Just push up with your ally’s tanks and win the game. If something goes wrong in the early game (Arbiter dies/too much early pressure to get anything done), then you should probably get tech 2 ASAP and get out Vampires to counter incoming enemy Banshees.

I don’t play UNSC often, but as for Cutter I’m pretty sure all he has to do is get an expo and pump Scorpions. Unless you get rushed, I don’t think Warthogs are usually necessary. That’s more of an Anders thing.

Once again, I’m not super well versed in 2s. But from what I’ve seen, early harassment + Banshees and tanks usually = win.

Thank you, this is much help.
-Spartan 4915 [WOLF] Genral Wiggin SR12

> 2535452784065270;4:
> Eh, team games aren’t exactly my speciality, but I do know that double hall isn’t half as popular in them. The way the dynamic works with the Covenant is that the Arbiter is best in team games and the Brute is best in 1v1. I don’t play Arbiter all that often, but I do know that a lot of good 2v2 players really rely on how well they rage. So if you haven’t already learned, I’d suggest learning the rage glitch. It’s not game breaking in any way, but it lets you get into rage mode without the animation where the Arbiter does his little Wolverine impersonation. It basically lets you get into rage mode faster, thus you take less unnecessary damage. Here’s a link to a good video that demonstrates how to pull it off. It takes a while to get down, but it’s worth it in the long run.
>
> The reason Arby is bad in 1s is because how expensive rage is. But in 2v2, your ally can give you supplies. Thus, his weaknesses are negated. The typical strat is to go Temple 2nd and go to the enemy’s side of the map. If it’s double UNSC or UNSC/Arbiter that you’re going up against, it’s best to build a few suicide grunts and throw them into supply pads. If it’s Prophet, you should probably just upgrade your Arbiter, as the PoR is a very good defensive leader who can just beam down your grunts and leave when his shields go down. Against the Brute, a brute rush is probably incoming and you should prepare a few suicide grunts to explode on the Chieftain and get him to retreat without doing any damage.
>
> After the early game, you should go for Banshees if everything goes smooth. Just push up with your ally’s tanks and win the game. If something goes wrong in the early game (Arbiter dies/too much early pressure to get anything done), then you should probably get tech 2 ASAP and get out Vampires to counter incoming enemy Banshees.
>
> I don’t play UNSC often, but as for Cutter I’m pretty sure all he has to do is get an expo and pump Scorpions. Unless you get rushed, I don’t think Warthogs are usually necessary. That’s more of an Anders thing.
>
> Once again, I’m not super well versed in 2s. But from what I’ve seen, early harassment + Banshees and tanks usually = win.

This is really solid advice. The only contention I have is that this goes against the meta (last time I was familiar with it) just because the Brute is overall the strongest covie. I was a high-level teams arbiter back in the day, but that doesn’t mean brute wasn’t powerful. It is possible to get to a pretty high TS in one’s with Arbiter (I think I got to like 44 or something after the last reset?), you just have to go hall first, and temple third to secure hooks (although this is map dependent. Arbiter is most effective on Blood Gulch because of the supply hooks (negating the inefficient rage issue on other maps). Always play to hooks. There’s too many players who don’t capture them in teams, and it lets me 1v3 way too effectively. Even an awful player can beat me with his team if he’s gotten the higher tech levels available. Chances are that the people on my team don’t know hooks particularly well, especially on Exile.

> 2533274796856805;6:
> > 2535452784065270;4:
> > Eh, team games aren’t exactly my speciality, but I do know that double hall isn’t half as popular in them. The way the dynamic works with the Covenant is that the Arbiter is best in team games and the Brute is best in 1v1. I don’t play Arbiter all that often, but I do know that a lot of good 2v2 players really rely on how well they rage. So if you haven’t already learned, I’d suggest learning the rage glitch. It’s not game breaking in any way, but it lets you get into rage mode without the animation where the Arbiter does his little Wolverine impersonation. It basically lets you get into rage mode faster, thus you take less unnecessary damage. Here’s a link to a good video that demonstrates how to pull it off. It takes a while to get down, but it’s worth it in the long run.
> >
> > The reason Arby is bad in 1s is because how expensive rage is. But in 2v2, your ally can give you supplies. Thus, his weaknesses are negated. The typical strat is to go Temple 2nd and go to the enemy’s side of the map. If it’s double UNSC or UNSC/Arbiter that you’re going up against, it’s best to build a few suicide grunts and throw them into supply pads. If it’s Prophet, you should probably just upgrade your Arbiter, as the PoR is a very good defensive leader who can just beam down your grunts and leave when his shields go down. Against the Brute, a brute rush is probably incoming and you should prepare a few suicide grunts to explode on the Chieftain and get him to retreat without doing any damage.
> >
> > After the early game, you should go for Banshees if everything goes smooth. Just push up with your ally’s tanks and win the game. If something goes wrong in the early game (Arbiter dies/too much early pressure to get anything done), then you should probably get tech 2 ASAP and get out Vampires to counter incoming enemy Banshees.
> >
> > I don’t play UNSC often, but as for Cutter I’m pretty sure all he has to do is get an expo and pump Scorpions. Unless you get rushed, I don’t think Warthogs are usually necessary. That’s more of an Anders thing.
> >
> > Once again, I’m not super well versed in 2s. But from what I’ve seen, early harassment + Banshees and tanks usually = win.
>
> This is really solid advice. The only contention I have is that this goes against the meta (last time I was familiar with it) just because the Brute is overall the strongest covie. I was a high-level teams arbiter back in the day, but that doesn’t mean brute wasn’t powerful. It is possible to get to a pretty high TS in one’s with Arbiter (I think I got to like 44 or something after the last reset?), you just have to go hall first, and temple third to secure hooks (although this is map dependent. Arbiter is most effective on Blood Gulch because of the supply hooks (negating the inefficient rage issue on other maps). Always play to hooks. There’s too many players who don’t capture them in teams, and it lets me 1v3 way too effectively. Even an awful player can beat me with his team if he’s gotten the higher tech levels available. Chances are that the people on my team don’t know hooks particularly well, especially on Exile.

Arby is certainly viable in 1s and he’s good against UNSC, but his Covie vs Covie play revolves around counter-builds. In essence, you’ll be able to beat most people once, but if you play against them again they’ll catch on to your strategy and counter appropriately. I played against an Arby that went for ghosts to stop my brute rush and it ended up working out for him. If we had played again though, it would have been different. If both the Brute and Arby play standardly, the Brute comes out on top. At least, that’s how it is in my experience.

> 2535452784065270;7:
> > 2533274796856805;6:
> > > 2535452784065270;4:
> > > Eh, team games aren’t exactly my speciality, but I do know that double hall isn’t half as popular in them. The way the dynamic works with the Covenant is that the Arbiter is best in team games and the Brute is best in 1v1. I don’t play Arbiter all that often, but I do know that a lot of good 2v2 players really rely on how well they rage. So if you haven’t already learned, I’d suggest learning the rage glitch. It’s not game breaking in any way, but it lets you get into rage mode without the animation where the Arbiter does his little Wolverine impersonation. It basically lets you get into rage mode faster, thus you take less unnecessary damage. Here’s a link to a good video that demonstrates how to pull it off. It takes a while to get down, but it’s worth it in the long run.
> > >
> > > The reason Arby is bad in 1s is because how expensive rage is. But in 2v2, your ally can give you supplies. Thus, his weaknesses are negated. The typical strat is to go Temple 2nd and go to the enemy’s side of the map. If it’s double UNSC or UNSC/Arbiter that you’re going up against, it’s best to build a few suicide grunts and throw them into supply pads. If it’s Prophet, you should probably just upgrade your Arbiter, as the PoR is a very good defensive leader who can just beam down your grunts and leave when his shields go down. Against the Brute, a brute rush is probably incoming and you should prepare a few suicide grunts to explode on the Chieftain and get him to retreat without doing any damage.
> > >
> > > After the early game, you should go for Banshees if everything goes smooth. Just push up with your ally’s tanks and win the game. If something goes wrong in the early game (Arbiter dies/too much early pressure to get anything done), then you should probably get tech 2 ASAP and get out Vampires to counter incoming enemy Banshees.
> > >
> > > I don’t play UNSC often, but as for Cutter I’m pretty sure all he has to do is get an expo and pump Scorpions. Unless you get rushed, I don’t think Warthogs are usually necessary. That’s more of an Anders thing.
> > >
> > > Once again, I’m not super well versed in 2s. But from what I’ve seen, early harassment + Banshees and tanks usually = win.
> >
> > This is really solid advice. The only contention I have is that this goes against the meta (last time I was familiar with it) just because the Brute is overall the strongest covie. I was a high-level teams arbiter back in the day, but that doesn’t mean brute wasn’t powerful. It is possible to get to a pretty high TS in one’s with Arbiter (I think I got to like 44 or something after the last reset?), you just have to go hall first, and temple third to secure hooks (although this is map dependent. Arbiter is most effective on Blood Gulch because of the supply hooks (negating the inefficient rage issue on other maps). Always play to hooks. There’s too many players who don’t capture them in teams, and it lets me 1v3 way too effectively. Even an awful player can beat me with his team if he’s gotten the higher tech levels available. Chances are that the people on my team don’t know hooks particularly well, especially on Exile.
>
> Arby is certainly viable in 1s and he’s good against UNSC, but his Covie vs Covie play revolves around counter-builds. In essence, you’ll be able to beat most people once, but if you play against them again they’ll catch on to your strategy and counter appropriately. I played against an Arby that went for ghosts to stop my brute rush and it ended up working out for him. If we had played again though, it would have been different. If both the Brute and Arby play standardly, the Brute comes out on top. At least, that’s how it is in my experience.

That always comes down to the skill of both players though