Looking at Halo 5 With a New Perspective

Hello,
I used to play a fair bit of Halo 5… About 800-ish hours if I remember correctly… spartan rank 130 + rank 50 on a secondary account.
I’m not a complete noob is what im trying to say ok :smiley:
I haven’t playing Halo in over a year now… I bought a PC and I have mostly invested my time into CSGO… which has a huge focus on rewarding the better playing.
If a player with 500 hours in CSGO plays against a player with 2000 hours, doesn’t matter how fast of a learner they are, they aren’t winning that fight simply due to a huge lack in game-sense and mechanical ability. With Halo Esports being hyped up again recently I started watching some gameplay of it again and actually found myself missing aspects of it. It got me thinking a bit about Halo 5 and what it could have done better to be more competitive and simply more fun.

The first thing is maps… of which Halo 5 has a good amount. Halo 5 didn’t need more maps, it just needed better, more iconic maps. If you look at CSGO, it has without a doubt the some of the most iconic maps in FPS history… maps that have been tweaked over decades to make them the best they can be. The CS maps are packed full of interesting cover opportunities… no object is without a purpose… every box can effectively be used to play around. This is something the Halo 5 maps don’t do well… They are too empty with too little opportunity for strats like flag fakes, which given the correct map design would change the way CTF is played. Strongholds have boring… strongholds… the capture points often have no cover leaving only very few angles to hide in. I feel like it would add depth to the game-mode and make the skill ceiling higher.

The next thing is game-modes… again Halo 5 has a large selection of them. The issue is that they all arent very interesting. How is it that CSGO can still be fun after thousands of hours with only one game-mode to offer?.. Well it requires a interesting one. A complex game mode that allows for strats rather than such huge emphasis on mechanical skill. (when talking about how the game is played normally, not at a pro level).
The old breakout game mode was fantastic, and im my opinion it was by far the most enjoyable part of Halo 5… until it got completely removed without warning and 343 ignored everyone telling them they made a huge mistake. Shotguns instead of SMGs… whoever thought of that was either really high or knows incredibly little about how multiplayer games work.
Breakout was fantastic for more reasons than people realise… whether 343 meant to create what they created or not, it was absolutely fantastic. The breakout maps, though not special or even distinguishable from one another played amazingly! There was more cover than it normal maps, allowing for clever plays and sneaky flanks that would ultimately win the round. In addition to this, the low health (no shields) allowed for easier clutch plays meaning more breath taking moments as you save a round.
The other thing breakout did that worked fantastically is not having re-spawns… being round based. This again allows clutch plays which are maybe the best feeling gaming can give you. Not having the annoying random factor of where an enemy will spawn meant that there was less luck involved and therefore it was more skill rewarding and less frustrating. Whatever 343 do to Halo 6, it should have a round based game-mode… preferably breakout but lets face it… that’s not gonna happen :frowning:

I get that not everyone wants a super competitive Halo game… which is why fun game modes like BTB, war-zone, griffball etc exist.
Halo will always have social and fun playlists because ultimately that’s what it has always been.

I hope I did’t sound like I was sucking off CSGO too hard there… I promise you that game has more issues than halo 5 has emblems… yeah that many!!!

There is one more very important thing that Halo 6 needs to succeed… and I might make a thread going over it in more detail later.
Halo 6 will most likely be on PC… if not RIP I guess… Console is going nowhere. But assuming it does end up on PC and lets face it… its quite likely that it will… Its going to need to overcome a fairly large issue. The game would probably die out quite quickly on PC if PC players can only play against other PC players… in which case its not really worth it for 343 to even put time into porting it. The best thing would be cross-play between PC and the Xbox One consoles… however playing CS also made me realise how much of a difference a keyboard and moue makes to aiming. Its not ‘a little bit easier but a good player will still destroy them’… its - and you have to take my word for it if you haven’t tried yourself - but its completely unfair. A mouse player will destroy someone playing with a controller easily… it wouldn’t even be remotely a fair fight. I don’t know what 343 could do to find a way for it to work but when keyboards are an option, the entire PRO scene would move to PC instantly.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts…
thanks

I think thats’ the only downside and real reason Halo is having trouble with PC. Cross play would be completely unfair. Mouse and keyboard against controller, 4k 500fps computer engines against the Xbox one S or X (60fps most likely, 30 or 40fps with splitscreen knowing Bonnie Ross confirmed splitscreen in Halo 6.). And with PC comes so much people modding the game. Look what happened to Halo 5 when Halo 5: forge was added on PC. People were able to find weapons not even enabled for the game for upcoming content drops, and weapons not even released at all.

> 2535460752631391;1:
> Hello,
> I used to play a fair bit of Halo 5… About 800-ish hours if I remember correctly… spartan rank 130 + rank 50 on a secondary account.
> I’m not a complete noob is what im trying to say ok :smiley:
> I haven’t playing Halo in over a year now… I bought a PC and I have mostly invested my time into CSGO… which has a huge focus on rewarding the better playing.
> If a player with 500 hours in CSGO plays against a player with 2000 hours, doesn’t matter how fast of a learner they are, they aren’t winning that fight simply due to a huge lack in game-sense and mechanical ability. With Halo Esports being hyped up again recently I started watching some gameplay of it again and actually found myself missing aspects of it. It got me thinking a bit about Halo 5 and what it could have done better to be more competitive and simply more fun.
>
> The first thing is maps… of which Halo 5 has a good amount. Halo 5 didn’t need more maps, it just needed better, more iconic maps. If you look at CSGO, it has without a doubt the some of the most iconic maps in FPS history… maps that have been tweaked over decades to make them the best they can be. The CS maps are packed full of interesting cover opportunities… no object is without a purpose… every box can effectively be used to play around. This is something the Halo 5 maps don’t do well… They are too empty with too little opportunity for strats like flag fakes, which given the correct map design would change the way CTF is played. Strongholds have boring… strongholds… the capture points often have no cover leaving only very few angles to hide in. I feel like it would add depth to the game-mode and make the skill ceiling higher.
>
> The next thing is game-modes… again Halo 5 has a large selection of them. The issue is that they all arent very interesting. How is it that CSGO can still be fun after thousands of hours with only one game-mode to offer?.. Well it requires a interesting one. A complex game mode that allows for strats rather than such huge emphasis on mechanical skill. (when talking about how the game is played normally, not at a pro level).
> The old breakout game mode was fantastic, and im my opinion it was by far the most enjoyable part of Halo 5… until it got completely removed without warning and 343 ignored everyone telling them they made a huge mistake. Shotguns instead of SMGs… whoever thought of that was either really high or knows incredibly little about how multiplayer games work.
> Breakout was fantastic for more reasons than people realise… whether 343 meant to create what they created or not, it was absolutely fantastic. The breakout maps, though not special or even distinguishable from one another played amazingly! There was more cover than it normal maps, allowing for clever plays and sneaky flanks that would ultimately win the round. In addition to this, the low health (no shields) allowed for easier clutch plays meaning more breath taking moments as you save a round.
> The other thing breakout did that worked fantastically is not having re-spawns… being round based. This again allows clutch plays which are maybe the best feeling gaming can give you. Not having the annoying random factor of where an enemy will spawn meant that there was less luck involved and therefore it was more skill rewarding and less frustrating. Whatever 343 do to Halo 6, it should have a round based game-mode… preferably breakout but lets face it… that’s not gonna happen :frowning:
>
> I get that not everyone wants a super competitive Halo game… which is why fun game modes like BTB, war-zone, griffball etc exist.
> Halo will always have social and fun playlists because ultimately that’s what it has always been.
>
> I hope I did’t sound like I was sucking off CSGO too hard there… I promise you that game has more issues than halo 5 has emblems… yeah that many!!!
>
> There is one more very important thing that Halo 6 needs to succeed… and I might make a thread going over it in more detail later.
> Halo 6 will most likely be on PC… if not RIP I guess… Console is going nowhere. But assuming it does end up on PC and lets face it… its quite likely that it will… Its going to need to overcome a fairly large issue. The game would probably die out quite quickly on PC if PC players can only play against other PC players… in which case its not really worth it for 343 to even put time into porting it. The best thing would be cross-play between PC and the Xbox One consoles… however playing CS also made me realise how much of a difference a keyboard and moue makes to aiming. Its not ‘a little bit easier but a good player will still destroy them’… its - and you have to take my word for it if you haven’t tried yourself - but its completely unfair. A mouse player will destroy someone playing with a controller easily… it wouldn’t even be remotely a fair fight. I don’t know what 343 could do to find a way for it to work but when keyboards are an option, the entire PRO scene would move to PC instantly.
>
> Anyway, let me know your thoughts…
> thanks

I couldn’t agree more. Halo 5s maps are dull and empty. Unlike H2As maps that are remastered and have environmental aspects to them.

I don’t know much about CSGO other than watching some twitch gameplay, but I do agree that Microsoft has put themselves in a tough spot with consoles. If they are going to continue to push the Play Anywhere thing then having an xbox console exclusive title doesn’t make sense. The problem is what you mentioned though, mouse vs controller. I really don’t like kb/m so I play a good bit of H5 PC Forge Custom Games using a controller. Since I played so much on console my map knowledge and tactics balances out my lousy controller aim against kids spraying auto’s at me. I can usually still be in the 50% accuracy range. If a good PC FPS player using a mouse shows up in the match though it’s over. Their 70-80% accuracy match after match puts me in a respawn screen a lot. I think Halo 6 needs to allow crossplay pc to xbox but I don’t know how they get around that issue.

> 2535460752631391;1:
> The next thing is game-modes… again Halo 5 has a large selection of them.

Yeah, it does now. Although still missing BTB Heavies

> 2535460752631391;1:
> How is it that CSGO can still be fun after thousands of hours with only one game-mode to offer?.. Well it requires a interesting one. A complex game mode that allows for strats rather than such huge emphasis on mechanical skill. (when talking about how the game is played normally, not at a pro level).

If you’re playing Halo and you want to beat somebody at a gun fight, then you have to have better aim, strafe, etc. But if those guns killed someone right away, then none of that would matter and the whole game would come down to “who shot first”, effectively turning it into hide-and-seek with guns. And I don’t like that at all. I prefer Halo because you don’t die right away, and you can actually have gun duels with people.

Please don’t turn Halo into a game where every gun kills people instantly to emphasize “strats” or whatever. If people want a game like that, they wouldn’t be playing Halo (or they would be playing Swat). A slower TTK has been kind of Halo’s niche, hasn’t it? Please don’t turn Halo into another “hide-and-seek with guns” kind of shooter. I hate those.

> 2535460752631391;1:
> The best thing would be cross-play between PC and the Xbox One consoles…

Like that other person said, there are concerns with modders here. I like to play Halo on console and I really don’t want to have a chance of being matched with modders.

Well Halo 5 has some interesting game modes such as Breakout V1 and extermination. The problem imo is the switching of said game modes constantly, I like to play one game mode and then 343 switches it out. I especially miss the OG breakout too since it was literally the best mode in Halo 5 to me, it was fast paced with a high competitive/casual edge. It felt perfect, breakout V 2 is a shell of that original game mode without any of the fun I had with the original. The OG breakout had great maps imo, probably the best in Halo 5. While not being great they focused on the mechanics of the game unlike the newer maps within breakout V2. Extermination is a fun time killer, it isn’t the best yet its pretty fun outside of the generally bland Halo 5 game modes. Castle Wars is also pretty fun however that’s a fan made game mode and it isn’t in any way shape or form competitive like the other 2 I mentioned. However overall I agree, Halo 5 fails as a competitive fps with a longterm audience

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2535460752631391;1:
> > The next thing is game-modes… again Halo 5 has a large selection of them.
>
> Yeah, it does now. Although still missing BTB Heavies
>
>
> > 2535460752631391;1:
> > How is it that CSGO can still be fun after thousands of hours with only one game-mode to offer?.. Well it requires a interesting one. A complex game mode that allows for strats rather than such huge emphasis on mechanical skill. (when talking about how the game is played normally, not at a pro level).
>
> If you’re playing Halo and you want to beat somebody at a gun fight, then you have to have better aim, strafe, etc. But if those guns killed someone right away, then none of that would matter and the whole game would come down to “who shot first”, effectively turning it into hide-and-seek with guns. And I don’t like that at all. I prefer Halo because you don’t die right away, and you can actually have gun duels with people.
>
> Please don’t turn Halo into a game where every gun kills people instantly to emphasize “strats” or whatever. If people want a game like that, they wouldn’t be playing Halo (or they would be playing Swat). A slower TTK has been kind of Halo’s niche, hasn’t it? Please don’t turn Halo into another “hide-and-seek with guns” kind of shooter. I hate those.
>
>
> > 2535460752631391;1:
> > The best thing would be cross-play between PC and the Xbox One consoles…
>
> Like that other person said, there are concerns with modders here. I like to play Halo on console and I really don’t want to have a chance of being matched with modders.

Modders aren’t an issue… Modders are good people who will make a custom mode where grunts look like chickens. I think you mean cheaters, as they are actually a problem. There is unfortunately no way to really get rid of cheaters… A good anti-cheat system will get rid of maybe 50% of cheaters, maybe even more… Though cheaters are always one step ahead.
The good news is that the game will cost at least £50 so no cheater in their right mind will buy the game to cheat in it.

Also about the TTK, I don’t wish for that to be lowered… I want less emphasis on aim though… More on strats

I agree with everything you said. Except for halo 6 on PC. There’s too bad many things people can do with the game on PC.

> 2535425643606121;8:
> I agree with everything you said. Except for halo 6 on PC. There’s too bad many things people can do with the game on PC.

They can do a lot of good as well though… imagine what a halo modding community could make to add to the single player experience. Also if Halo is to stay relevant, it needs to branch out… and there is no platform bigger than PC.
I feel like cheaters will tend to stay away from Halo 6 on PC because it will cost the price of a full AAA game. The reason people hack on R6S and CSGO is because the games are £10 full price and £5 on sale, so they aren’t wasting money when they get banned.

> 2535460752631391;7:
> Modders aren’t an issue… Modders are good people who will make a custom mode where grunts look like chickens. I think you mean cheaters, as they are actually a problem. There is unfortunately no way to really get rid of cheaters… A good anti-cheat system will get rid of maybe 50% of cheaters, maybe even more… Though cheaters are always one step ahead.
>
> The good news is that the game will cost at least £50 so no cheater in their right mind will buy the game to cheat in it.

Modder (from mod - short for modification) - Someone who modifies a program’s code, usage mechanics, or visual elements.
These people can use modifications to cheat in games so the “cheaters” and “modders” are the same people. The both edit game mechanics and code. Both terms refer to the same person. A cheat is a modification, just like campaign mods like SPV3 and Oddball. There is no difference, they both modify the game’s code to add something that is otherwise not there.

> 2535460752631391;7:
> Also about the TTK, I don’t wish for that to be lowered… I want less emphasis on aim though… More on strats

This statement contradicts itself as the only way to put more emphasis on strategy and less on aiming is to lower the Time to Kill (TtK). There is no other way, even Breakout has a lower TtK than other modes in Halo 5. Maybe we should think about the fact that 343i is a new developer and that people already give them -Yoink- for trying to copy other games and all this idea does is give them more to -Yoink- talk. We don’t need Halo to copy other games to be successful, Halo has always fit a fast paced game style with an empasis on timing and strategy and it doesn’t need to change.

I have myself just recently started trying to Improve in Halo 5 and wish i had started when the game came out. It really makes the game so much more fun if you try to be more competitive.

> 2533274888753908;10:
> > 2535460752631391;7:
> > Modders aren’t an issue… Modders are good people who will make a custom mode where grunts look like chickens. I think you mean cheaters, as they are actually a problem. There is unfortunately no way to really get rid of cheaters… A good anti-cheat system will get rid of maybe 50% of cheaters, maybe even more… Though cheaters are always one step ahead.
> >
> > The good news is that the game will cost at least £50 so no cheater in their right mind will buy the game to cheat in it.
>
> Modder (from mod - short for modification) - Someone who modifies a program’s code, usage mechanics, or visual elements.
> These people can use modifications to cheat in games so the “cheaters” and “modders” are the same people. The both edit game mechanics and code. Both terms refer to the same person. A cheat is a modification, just like campaign mods like SPV3 and Oddball. There is no difference, they both modify the game’s code to add something that is otherwise not there.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535460752631391;7:
> > Also about the TTK, I don’t wish for that to be lowered… I want less emphasis on aim though… More on strats
>
> This statement contradicts itself as the only way to put more emphasis on strategy and less on aiming is to lower the Time to Kill (TtK). There is no other way, even Breakout has a lower TtK than other modes in Halo 5. Maybe we should think about the fact that 343i is a new developer and that people already give them -Yoink- for trying to copy other games and all this idea does is give them more to -Yoink- talk. We don’t need Halo to copy other games to be successful, Halo has always fit a fast paced game style with an empasis on timing and strategy and it doesn’t need to change.

1. Yeah not really though… ask 100 cheaters if they have ever touched game code and 99% of them will just link you to a website where you download cheats. The vast majority of cheaters don’t make the cheats they only use them to cheat… they literally wouldn’t be able to mod anything to save their lives.
    And then there are modders… of which a small percentage makes cheats.

2. I mean if Halo 6 uses anything near the same hit-boxes as Halo 5, PC players will not miss a shot. Aim wont even be a factor… missing a shot will just be a dumb way to die.
    I like Halo’s high TTK but if you jump into a game of slayer, its literally just people running around trying to shoot people until platinum at which point people start to move as a team and set up trade situations… but thats it pretty much up until champion- but this isn’t about the pro scene.
    Strongholds has some semi-interesting tactics but again nothing that would ever make you go ‘wow… I did not see that coming’. Halo is great but competitively it needs some more things to raise the skill ceiling IMO.

> 2535458298006257;11:
> I have myself just recently started trying to Improve in Halo 5 and wish i had started when the game came out. It really makes the game so much more fun if you try to be more competitive.

yeah until you get to the point when you actually are good and then you cant get out of a rank due to not having a team.
NGL the only playlist this ever happened to me in was OG breakout :smiley:

> 2535460752631391;12:
> 1. Yeah not really though… ask 100 cheaters if they have ever touched game code and 99% of them will just link you to a website where you download cheats. The vast majority of cheaters don’t make the cheats they only use them to cheat… they literally wouldn’t be able to mod anything to save their lives.
> And then there are modders… of which a small percentage makes cheats.

This is true, but the people that make said cheats are modders. With modders comes mods but also cheats. By removing all chances of modding, you remove all opportunity to cheat other than using flaws in the game.

> 2535460752631391;12:
> 2. I mean if Halo 6 uses anything near the same hit-boxes as Halo 5, PC players will not miss a shot. Aim wont even be a factor… missing a shot will just be a dumb way to die.
> I like Halo’s high TTK but if you jump into a game of slayer, its literally just people running around trying to shoot people until platinum at which point people start to move as a team and set up trade situations… but thats it pretty much up until champion- but this isn’t about the pro scene.
> Strongholds has some semi-interesting tactics but again nothing that would ever make you go ‘wow… I did not see that coming’. Halo is great but competitively it needs some more things to raise the skill ceiling IMO.

This is true but you have to remember that gold to platinum is statistically the average player (csr distribution breakdown by HaloTracker) (graph of distribution of ranks). Going above that area is into higher level play. I have recently noticed that players are much better at getting set up for map control, et cetera.

I agree with most of what I DSG I said in his opening post. I don’t really agree with Halo being on PC, i agree with what Lorelei X2095 said here and I definitely don’t agree with the OP with Breakout being amazing.

To me, other then Warzone, Breakout was the biggest waste of time. Breakout played and felt nothing like Halo in almost every way. It felt like I was playing COD or something, and it seems like the majority of people agree with me, as it wasn’t popular when it came out, and still isn’t now. The maps played bad, looked terrible, the presentation was awful (opening jump in thing…lame!) Just pretty much everything. The round aspect and such is fine though. Now, Extermination though is much better, and it feels much more like Halo. I think it has a future, but not Breakout.

100% agree with what CattyMusician put in his post. H2A maps played amazing and looked absolutely fantastic!!! And the interactive environments were super cool and just all around fun to use/do. Halo 6 maps need to be like H2A maps for sure!

> 2533274815533909;15:
> I agree with most of what I DSG I said in his opening post. I don’t really agree with Halo being on PC, i agree with what Lorelei X2095 said here and I definitely don’t agree with the OP with Breakout being amazing.
>
> To me, other then Warzone, Breakout was the biggest waste of time. Breakout played and felt nothing like Halo in almost every way. It felt like I was playing COD or something, and it seems like the majority of people agree with me, as it wasn’t popular when it came out, and still isn’t now. The maps played bad, looked terrible, the presentation was awful (opening jump in thing…lame!) Just pretty much everything. The round aspect and such is fine though. Now, Extermination though is much better, and it feels much more like Halo. I think it has a future, but not Breakout.
>
> 100% agree with what CattyMusician put in his post. H2A maps played amazing and looked absolutely fantastic!!! And the interactive environments were super cool and just all around fun to use/do. Halo 6 maps need to be like H2A maps for sure!

I have to disagree with the cod analogy… cod is nothing like any form of halo and I still dont understand how its played competitively… and why the pro scene is on console :smiley:
I very much like the standard Halo formula and honestly I thought breakout wasn’t a huge distance from normal Halo. TTK was a bit lower, the new spartan abilities were more useful but the weapons played the same, only requiring 2 head-shots less that normal to kill someone on full health with the magnum and BR.
As for the majority agreeing, IDK… there is a 35 page thread of people begging for it back. Also whether the Old breakout was well liked or not, it has to be more liked that the new breakout… I don’t think anyone has ever told me they like shotguns in that playlist.
As for the maps… Yeah they looked very boring and the boost thing at the start was kinda lazy but the way cover was placed on those maps gave me hope that 343 might actually have a clue about map design. It worked well with the breakout formula and even the weapon spawns were pretty much perfect IMO.
Some of the community made breakout maps that came late on in the breakout life-cycle did not play very well… with several having game breaking glitches for many months without fix. Looks aside, though I have to say I thought the way the maps played was fantastic and better than how the normal maps played.

> 2535460752631391;16:
> > 2533274815533909;15:
> > I agree with most of what I DSG I said in his opening post. I don’t really agree with Halo being on PC, i agree with what Lorelei X2095 said here and I definitely don’t agree with the OP with Breakout being amazing.
> >
> > To me, other then Warzone, Breakout was the biggest waste of time. Breakout played and felt nothing like Halo in almost every way. It felt like I was playing COD or something, and it seems like the majority of people agree with me, as it wasn’t popular when it came out, and still isn’t now. The maps played bad, looked terrible, the presentation was awful (opening jump in thing…lame!) Just pretty much everything. The round aspect and such is fine though. Now, Extermination though is much better, and it feels much more like Halo. I think it has a future, but not Breakout.
> >
> > 100% agree with what CattyMusician put in his post. H2A maps played amazing and looked absolutely fantastic!!! And the interactive environments were super cool and just all around fun to use/do. Halo 6 maps need to be like H2A maps for sure!
>
> I have to disagree with the cod analogy… cod is nothing like any form of halo and I still dont understand how its played competitively… and why the pro scene is on console :smiley:
> I very much like the standard Halo formula and honestly I thought breakout wasn’t a huge distance from normal Halo. TTK was a bit lower, the new spartan abilities were more useful but the weapons played the same, only requiring 2 head-shots less that normal to kill someone on full health with the magnum and BR.
> As for the majority agreeing, IDK… there is a 35 page thread of people begging for it back. Also whether the Old breakout was well liked or not, it has to be more liked that the new breakout… I don’t think anyone has ever told me they like shotguns in that playlist.
> As for the maps… Yeah they looked very boring and the boost thing at the start was kinda lazy but the way cover was placed on those maps gave me hope that 343 might actually have a clue about map design. It worked well with the breakout formula and even the weapon spawns were pretty much perfect IMO.
> Some of the community made breakout maps that came late on in the breakout life-cycle did not play very well… with several having game breaking glitches for many months without fix. Looks aside, though I have to say I thought the way the maps played was fantastic and better than how the normal maps played.

COD analogy is only to Breakout, nothing else. Mainly because of the quick TTK, no shields, etc but we’ll agree to disagree here which is fine.

As far as the majority of people not liking Breakout, there are many examples, but I’ll just use these two.

• If Breakout v1 was popular, 343I would of never changed it to begin with. They even said that is why they were changing things to try and get more people into it and, - ZaedynFel population numbers of halo 5 playlists. Breakout is ALWAYS in the bottom 5.As far as people liking v1 more the v2? Ya they might, and I agree shotgun starts I’m not a fan of, but either way, both version hasn’t been popular. Sure some people will like Breakout, and that’s fine, but there are people who liked juggernaut, territories, stockpile, headhunter (which I really liked) ricochet, etc. But overall, they weren’t very popular either. Just how it goes man.

> 2533274815533909;17:
> > 2535460752631391;16:
> > > 2533274815533909;15:
> > > I agree with most of what I DSG I said in his opening post. I don’t really agree with Halo being on PC, i agree with what Lorelei X2095 said here and I definitely don’t agree with the OP with Breakout being amazing.
> > >
> > > To me, other then Warzone, Breakout was the biggest waste of time. Breakout played and felt nothing like Halo in almost every way. It felt like I was playing COD or something, and it seems like the majority of people agree with me, as it wasn’t popular when it came out, and still isn’t now. The maps played bad, looked terrible, the presentation was awful (opening jump in thing…lame!) Just pretty much everything. The round aspect and such is fine though. Now, Extermination though is much better, and it feels much more like Halo. I think it has a future, but not Breakout.
> > >
> > > 100% agree with what CattyMusician put in his post. H2A maps played amazing and looked absolutely fantastic!!! And the interactive environments were super cool and just all around fun to use/do. Halo 6 maps need to be like H2A maps for sure!
> >
> > I have to disagree with the cod analogy… cod is nothing like any form of halo and I still dont understand how its played competitively… and why the pro scene is on console :smiley:
> > I very much like the standard Halo formula and honestly I thought breakout wasn’t a huge distance from normal Halo. TTK was a bit lower, the new spartan abilities were more useful but the weapons played the same, only requiring 2 head-shots less that normal to kill someone on full health with the magnum and BR.
> > As for the majority agreeing, IDK… there is a 35 page thread of people begging for it back. Also whether the Old breakout was well liked or not, it has to be more liked that the new breakout… I don’t think anyone has ever told me they like shotguns in that playlist.
> > As for the maps… Yeah they looked very boring and the boost thing at the start was kinda lazy but the way cover was placed on those maps gave me hope that 343 might actually have a clue about map design. It worked well with the breakout formula and even the weapon spawns were pretty much perfect IMO.
> > Some of the community made breakout maps that came late on in the breakout life-cycle did not play very well… with several having game breaking glitches for many months without fix. Looks aside, though I have to say I thought the way the maps played was fantastic and better than how the normal maps played.
>
> COD analogy is only to Breakout, nothing else. Mainly because of the quick TTK, no shields, etc but we’ll agree to disagree here which is fine.
>
> As far as the majority of people not liking Breakout, there are many examples, but I’ll just use these two.
> - If Breakout v1 was popular, 343I would of never changed it to begin with. They even said that is why they were changing things to try and get more people into it and, - ZaedynFel population numbers of halo 5 playlists. Breakout is ALWAYS in the bottom 5.As far as people liking v1 more the v2? Ya they might, and I agree shotgun starts I’m not a fan of, but either way, both version hasn’t been popular. Sure some people will like Breakout, and that’s fine, but there are people who liked juggernaut, territories, stockpile, headhunter (which I really liked) ricochet, etc. But overall, they weren’t very popular either. Just how it goes man.

yeah thats fair. I don’t think 343 should remove any game-modes… scraping game-modes to boost playlist numbers of other playlists is not how to make a community happy.
IDK what 343 are doing… I just hope they made Halo 6 a fantastic title and I hope that if they make Halo 6 good, it has a large player-base that lasts many years.

> 2535460752631391;7:
> > 2533274904158628;5:
> > > 2535460752631391;1:
> > > The next thing is game-modes… again Halo 5 has a large selection of them.
> >
> > Yeah, it does now. Although still missing BTB Heavies
> >
> >
> > > How is it that CSGO can still be fun after thousands of hours with only one game-mode to offer?.. Well it requires a interesting one. A complex game mode that allows for strats rather than such huge emphasis on mechanical skill. (when talking about how the game is played normally, not at a pro level).
> >
> > If you’re playing Halo and you want to beat somebody at a gun fight, then you have to have better aim, strafe, etc. But if those guns killed someone right away, then none of that would matter and the whole game would come down to “who shot first”, effectively turning it into hide-and-seek with guns. And I don’t like that at all. I prefer Halo because you don’t die right away, and you can actually have gun duels with people.
> >
> > Please don’t turn Halo into a game where every gun kills people instantly to emphasize “strats” or whatever. If people want a game like that, they wouldn’t be playing Halo (or they would be playing Swat). A slower TTK has been kind of Halo’s niche, hasn’t it? Please don’t turn Halo into another “hide-and-seek with guns” kind of shooter. I hate those.
> >
> >
> > > The best thing would be cross-play between PC and the Xbox One consoles…
> >
> > Like that other person said, there are concerns with modders here. I like to play Halo on console and I really don’t want to have a chance of being matched with modders.
>
> Modders aren’t an issue… Modders are good people who will make a custom mode where grunts look like chickens. I think you mean cheaters, as they are actually a problem. There is unfortunately no way to really get rid of cheaters… A good anti-cheat system will get rid of maybe 50% of cheaters, maybe even more… Though cheaters are always one step ahead.
> The good news is that the game will cost at least £50 so no cheater in their right mind will buy the game to cheat in it.
>
> Also about the TTK, I don’t wish for that to be lowered… I want less emphasis on aim though… More on strats

But Halo has always had an emphasis on aiming? It’s an arena shooter. Halo 5’s great for the fact the person with the best aim generally wins every encounter. It’s the most skill based halo since 3. Maps could be better though.

I’ve always felt the exact opposite. I hate games like CS where the competitive scene is made up of scaredy cats waiting for someone to walk into the spot theyve been aiming at for 10 seconds.

I love Halo because in the compeitive scene good players will put it in your face and let you know that even if theyre standing in the open in the middle of the map you cant out BR/ out pistol them. Thats what the maps and gametypes are set up for, not hiding and hoping noone sees you until you kill them.

The main difference is if an average Halo player 1v1d a pro they wouldnt get a single kill wheras if an average CS player 1v1d a pro all theyd have to do is wait in the right spot and theyd take at least 1 round.

Im guessing this is youre first Halo but some of the things you said truly show a lack of gameplay experience like saying that spawns are random (theyre not) and thats why you like breakout. Your point about the pro scene switching to PC is also ignorant considering COD is dead on PC but has one of the biggest console compeitive scenes.

The only reason I would want a PC when it comes to compeitive FPS is to play Quake. Not Halo or stale old CS.