Looking around (Controller settings)

I am at a constant struggle to find where my sweet spot is on the controller. I find myself changing the setting slightly all the time. There’s something off about aiming in Halo 5, and I can’t quite put my finger on it. It feels like when I am being shot, my look sensitivity skyrockets, and I go way off target.

Anyone else have this problem?

I can’t seem to dial mine in either. I get what your saying about look sensitivity while being shot, but I think that’s more me freaking out that I’m getting shot and not being able to calmly aim.

Yes it’s a constant struggle. I finally bought an Elite controller to have more options to help out with that but still not quite right, but a lot better.

For me currently i have my horizontal and vertical sensitivity at 2 and my look acceleration at 2 also.For my deadzones i have it at 3 percent for both to me it seems like the older halos.

I think my issue might be that might look sensitivity is too high for medium to long range engagements. I do well at close quarters, however, which is what I typically aim for… maybe I need to turn it down a bit to get somewhere in between,

> 2533274816257608;5:
> I think my issue might be that might look sensitivity is too high for medium to long range engagements. I do well at close quarters, however, which is what I typically aim for… maybe I need to turn it down a bit to get somewhere in between,

I’m having this issue too except reverse lol. At long-medium range my magnum shot is really good but when I’m up close to enemies (like when they’re around 10-15m away) I end up slow turning too much and my shots either fall short or if I peg my controller to keep up then i overshoot and end up missing as well. Especially when enemies get right up in my face I’ll be turning around to melee but the way my sensitivity is only lets me turn slowly so I end up missing and just completely choking. I tried turning up my aim accel from 2 (which is what I normally use) to 4-5 and at close range its definitely easier to track enemies but at long range it gets pretty difficult then to keep focus on enemy players as a slight push of the joystick sends the reticle flying across the map :frowning:

It will probably be in my best interest to focus my look sensitivity on those medium to long range weapons and suck it up for close quarters. Play the way I used to back in the day: Put distance between me and my targets.

Try Sens 4, accel 2, 0 deadzones. Not best but should see improvement in your aim

I play with 10 sensitivity and 3 look accel

I went from 4-3, 4-2, 3-5, 3-4, and ended at 3-3. I really like 3-3, seems to be good for long and short tange engagements.

I had the same problem, but since they’ve added more options I’ve found it a lot easier to get it right. try to replicate my sensitivity on the older titles, for example I used to play on 5 so now I set it to:
Vertical: 5
Horizontal: 5
Acceleration: 2
To me it finally feels right and I’m having no problems.