Look what Listverse has to say about Halo

And it’s #1 too!

I love how that guy says Halo is completely overrated after barely playing the game (and from the sound of things, he’s only played Halo 1). I would expect people to actually play a game before rating it, or at least do some research.

The article writer is also clearly bias against the Xbox 360 as a gaming platform.

the author is freaking a idiot… Skyrim should be #1 lol

By clicking the link he gets money from ads basically.

> I love how that guy says Halo is completely overrated after barely playing the game (and from the sound of things, he’s only played Halo 1). I would expect people to actually play a game before rating it, or at least do some research.
>
> The article writer is also clearly bias against the Xbox 360 as a gaming platform.

My favorite quote:

> The story is totally unoriginal – a one man army hunts down and attempts to destroy a huge weapon called the ‘death star’ … I mean, err, ‘halo’ which is capable of destroying whole planets!

And Guilty Spark counters that nonsense with this quote:

> Technically, this installation’s pulse has a maximum effective radius of twenty-five thousand light years. But, once the others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life, or at least any life with sufficient biomass to sustain the Flood.

And I just love how he failed to point out that Halo completely popularized the regenerating health system, had some great multiplayer, AND single-handedly saved the Xbox’s narrow behind. And that was just the first one.

> And I just love how he failed to point out that Halo completely popularized the regenerating health system, had some great multiplayer, AND single-handedly saved the Xbox’s narrow behind. And that was just the first one.

Very, very true. It’s fine to think a game is overrated or to not like it, but the guy should at least get his facts straight. Scratch that, he should use facts when making his arguments!

> > And I just love how he failed to point out that Halo completely popularized the regenerating health system, had some great multiplayer, AND single-handedly saved the Xbox’s narrow behind. And that was just the first one.
>
> Very, very true. It’s fine to think a game is overrated or to not like it, but the guy should at least get his facts straight. Scratch that, he should use facts when making his arguments!

Agreed. I found it irritating how only the game modes he played were good enough for him to classify a game on.

To be honest, I don’t think we should care about what some, obviously ignorant, person whom we have never heard of writes on their blog. Sure, he most definitely has every right to not like Halo or any of the games he listed in that matter, but not understanding something doesn’t really give him any right to call it overrated. I mean, sure, I don’t personally understand Skyrim, but that definitely doesn’t mean it’s overrated.

To be honest, you can call any game/movie/book overrated by resorting to the excuse “the story is totally unoriginal”. Ultimately, calling a story unoriginal by appealing to the familiarity of the basic idea, you can find any story unoriginal. However, that basic structure is not what makes a story good or bad, it’s how the story is crafted around that basic structure.

Finally, and this is concerning other games than Halo on that list, he only looked at those games from a single perspective. GTA is a large factor in the open world genre, and even inspired games such as Saints Row. And, as far as I know, was one of the first open world games ever. Both Golden Eye and Halo affected largely on shooters on consoles. Halo especially inspired features, such as regenerating health, which can be seen in any shooter these days. It was also the largest factor in making online multiplayer mainstream. Not even mentioning single-handedly assuring Microsoft a position in the console industry.

Ultimately, I can’t speak for all the games mentioned as I haven’t played a lot of them. But I can assume that for most of them, similar defenses can be found that I found for Halo. In fact, out of all those games, Call of Duty is the only game I agree on being overrated, because it really doesn’t have a lot of value in the story and gameplay departments. However, looking at that list, it makes me wonder, what games does he play? Certainly not any popular ones.

> To be honest, I don’t think we should care about what some, obviously ignorant, person whom we have never heard of writes on their blog. Sure, he most definitely has every right to not like Halo or any of the games he listed in that matter, but not understanding something doesn’t really give him any right to call it overrated. I mean, sure, I don’t personally understand Skyrim, but that definitely doesn’t mean it’s overrated.
>
> To be honest, you can call any game/movie/book overrated by resorting to the excuse “the story is totally unoriginal”. Ultimately, calling a story unoriginal by appealing to the familiarity of the basic idea, you can find any story unoriginal. However, that basic structure is not what makes a story good or bad, it’s how the story is crafted around that basic structure.
>
> Finally, and this is concerning other games than Halo on that list, he only looked at those games from a single perspective. GTA is a large factor in the open world genre, and even inspired games such as Saints Row. And, as far as I know, was one of the first open world games ever. Both Golden Eye and Halo affected largely on shooters on consoles. Halo especially inspired features, such as regenerating health, which can be seen in any shooter these days. It was also the largest factor in making online multiplayer mainstream. Not even mentioning single-handedly assuring Microsoft a position in the console industry.
>
> Ultimately, I can’t speak for all the games mentioned as I haven’t played a lot of them. But I can assume that for most of them, similar defenses can be found that I found for Halo. In fact, out of all those games, Call of Duty is the only game I agree on being overrated, because it really doesn’t have a lot of value in the story and gameplay departments. However, looking at that list, it makes me wonder, what games does he play? Certainly not any popular ones.

Well, Listverse is (usually) reputable so it’s with some surprise that I find these awful lists on there. This one was just too bad not to point and laugh at.

> Well, Listverse is (usually) reputable so it’s with some surprise that I find these awful lists on there. This one was just too bad not to point and laugh at.

Ah, I first didn’t look a lot at the site and its name and only thought it was a blog by some random person. However, seeing that it’s a site where anyone can submit a list, that particular list holds even less relevance. And as anyone can submit a list, even though the lists are (apparently) reviewed before they are put on the site, quality is sometimes what it as and you will always run into a bad apple from time to time. After all, the list and the subject themselves are valid, it’s the arguments that aren’t. The bottom line is: it’s not hard to get an uneducated and unjustified opinion to the internet for everyone to see, especially when you still have a right to your opinion, no matter how ignorant it is.

Sorry… but it was horribly written with little to no actual meaningful points,

plus he was born after 1991- that’s never a good sign.

> Sorry… but it was horribly written with little to no actual meaningful points,
>
> plus he was born after 1991- that’s never a good sign.

Haha in a lot of cases, this is true.

> Sorry… but it was horribly written with little to no actual meaningful points,
>

damn kids :stuck_out_tongue: all i have to say is that halo gave me an outlet while i was stationed overseas, away from family and friends here at home. it allowed me to connect to a world outside the norm, it let me “get away” for awhile. i’m thankful for halo :slight_smile:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially found the troll of reviewers.

I resent that. I was born in '92 and I’ve played and loved most of those games.