*Longswords/Pelicans*

In Halo 4, I hope we are given the option to be able to fly Pelicans and Longswords. It’s about time that we’ve gotten to experience this in our own, easily accessible way.

Pelican: Let’s start here. Fans have been wanting to fly Pelicans since the first Halo game, and Bungie answered our wish in Halo Reach, but it could only be accessed through a time-consuming process that was only available in one Campaign level. The fact that, if you got out, the Pelican disappeared was annoying as well.

Incorporating the Pelican into the actual game is preferable by a large majority of the community. In my opinion, I would rather only have it in Forge, Custom Games, FireFight, and Campaign. If it can be implemented into Matchmaking fairly, then I;m all for it, but i can’t see a current gamemode that would support such a thing.

Anyway, I think this vehicle would add even more fun and make Custom Games a lot more enjoyable. I am a team player, and I would love to fly the Pelican around a map pick up/drop off teammates and friends to face or run away from battle. The implication of the Pelican should be for fun and tactical uses, and it would make some kick–Yoink- games.

Another feature that I thought of would be allowing the Pelican to transport vehicles into battle. We’ve seen Pelicans hauling Warthogs, Mongooses, and even Scorpions to the Chief throughout the series, so why not give that feature to the player, if Pelicans are in Halo 4?

Pelicans should be armed with, in my opinion, two dual missile type launchers that aren’t too powerful and a central or dual chainguns (whichever works better). It should directly be an infantry and cargo transport craft, but it should also be able to defend itself from potential threats.

Longsword: Now we move on to the aircraft that I’ve been wanting to fly since I first laid eyes on it in CE. The Longsword is a bomber-like aircraft that is used for neutralizing enemy targets, such as vehicles and whatnot, and sometimes even large amounts of infantry. I think that it’s about time that we should be able to fly it.

My ideal flight controls would be similar to those of the Sabre in Reach. You should be able to fly the ship up, down, left, and right using the analog sticks. I don’t thin that flipping, barrel rolling, etc. should behave like the Sabre. Rotation of the vehicle should be much slower, unless we’re talking space combat. The primary weapons should be a form of chaingun, maybe similar to that of the Sabre’s.

Since the vehicle is a bomber type craft, I believe that we should be able to drop bombs.

Here, take a look at this

That was the Halo 2 E3 Demo. Those were two Longswords dropping their payloads on a Covenant artillery piece. I think that Longsword bombs should operate something like this. The blast radius of the explosives could be upped a bit, and unlimited bombs should be available, but the ability to drop them should have to be depleted and recharge over time.

Of course, this vehicle should only be implemented into, once again, Campaign, Firefight, Forge, and Custom Games. With the current gamemodes, I don’t really see a fair way it could be used in Matchmaking, but it could be possible through newer gameplay and gamemodes.

It could also be used in a Space Battle mode if something like that is created, but I’ll get to that in a future thread ; )

Thanks for reading, guys!

I LIKE THIS THREAD!!! He is right. Except the Pelican Should only have a machine gun if we are talking about Custom games, Forge and firefight. In the campaign it should have both Rockets (Dual) and a Machine Gun

Maybe these two vehicles could be used in a new, massive Invasion gamemode, if one is in Halo 4.

If it was used in a Invasion game mode then it shouldn’t have a gun because then it would be way to over powered and then at one point you should have to give it up to an AI to “Take It Away” and same with the Phantom.

> If it was used in a Invasion game mode then it shouldn’t have a gun because then it would be way to over powered and then at one point you should have to give it up to an AI to “Take It Away” and same with the Phantom.

It should only be added to Matchmaking if it is fair, which, I’m guessing, is probably a hard thing to do.

And what do you mean by an AI? Are you talking about an AI in Matchmaking or in Campaign?

Im talking about an AI in Matchmaking. You know how currently in Halo Reach when you capture the Core it pelican leaves, im talking about that type of AI

> Im talking about an AI in Matchmaking. You know how currently in Halo Reach when you capture the Core it pelican leaves, im talking about that type of AI

Oh, no. I don’t want there to be AI in Multiplayer. I just want to be able to actually fly the Pelican, and, if it is fair, it should be included in a Matchmaking gamemode or two.

I agree but then the question is where do you fly the core to? I mean if you fly out of the map there is always an end barrier and a Kill barrier. So how would you get the core out of there??

And i ment that the AI only takes over like after the core has been put in the pelican at which point it kicks you out and the AI flies off with it to where ever it goes.