Longshot or Sentinel?

Im a big fan of both, but I’m trying to decide which to use as a stand in until I get a DMR. I tend to use the longshot BR with kinetic bolts, although not sure if Sentinel BR is better. No kinetic bolts on the sentinel yet… Basically,what loadout weapon should I use!!!

DMR. :slight_smile:

Depends. Do you have the long barrel attachment for the sentinel? I almost think the scope goes too far in terms of being beyond it’s effective range.

sentinel. just cause it zooms twice. you may never use it but if you need it, then you have it available.

> 2535422603742100;3:
> Depends. Do you have the long barrel attachment for the sentinel? I almost think the scope goes too far in terms of being beyond it’s effective range.

No long barrel attachment, just the normal one.

longshot BR w/slicener
recon DMR w/silencer
hate the sentinel double scope and i don’t bother with kinetic bolts, prefer to use a plasma pistol or something if i need to take out a pesky vehicle

> 2533274825101441;2:
> DMR. :slight_smile:

lol Well played.

I like sentinel scope now.

I would have thought scope choice would be personal preference. I personally prefer the Longshot BR over the Sentinel BR.

> 2533274809220485;8:
> I like sentinel scope now.

It’s fine… I just feel that the longshot scope provides just the right range.

Ultra Rare Recon DMR x2
teh -Yoink!-

> 2533274905455351;9:
> I would have thought scope choice would be personal preference. I personally prefer the Longshot BR over the Sentinel BR.

Same here, I use default BR.

Long Barrel Classic BR, 2x is the sweet spot, any more magnification is a waste and too awkward to handle in midrange fights.

CLASSIC FTW

I love the long shot, but it’s useless at near- to mid-range where a normal BR would dominate. At least it is for me. For something that works at longer ranges, but also works at the mid-range where the BR has always excelled… for that you need the sentinel.

It’s up to you, really. Kinetic bolts can come in handy for destroying vehicles, but the Sentinel scope is definitely better than the Longshot one. I’m waiting to get a Sentinel DMR with jet stabilizers or kinetic bolts. It would absolutely destroy at long range.

> 2533274939958452;16:
> It’s up to you, really. Kinetic bolts can come in handy for destroying vehicles, but the Sentinel scope is definitely better than the Longshot one. I’m waiting to get a Sentinel DMR with jet stabilizers or kinetic bolts. It would absolutely destroy at long range.

I think the kinetic bolts are unreal. One mag of ammo shot at a banshee and the banshee is almost dead, that’s pretty good. I’ve even found that a scope mag dump witht he the kinetic longshot AR causes wraiths and tanks to back off. The kinetic does a lot of damage to vehicles.

I use Kinetic Bolts almost exclusively just due to the fact that there is almost always some sort of vehicle on a Warzone map, both AI and Spartan. I haven’t unlocked a Sentinel scope yet, but if I had one then I’d probably loadout with both to be honest. They’ve got both of their places, and on bigger maps it’s nice to have options.

honestly i use the sentinel br because the scope looks better than longshot.

i used to use the sentinel a lot since it was one of the first REQs i got but longshot is far superior. less glare and better field of vision.

i keep forgetting to use my DMR i need 73 more kills to complete it. but because i have used the BR for so long my muscle memory wont adapt to the DMR’s pace so i struggle with it XD