Longest Halo level?

I’ve been replaying CE and I when I got to Assault on the Control room, I started wondering if it was the longest level in all the main Halo games. Which one do you think is the longest?

In terms of the other games I’m not sure but Two Betrayals always feels longer than AotCR to me, even when doing a normal trickless playthrough. Then again, AotCR doesn’t have those shotgun and [expletive redacted] rocket Flood.

> 2533274841265539;2:
> In terms of the other games I’m not sure but Two Betrayals always feels longer than AotCR to me, even when doing a normal trickless playthrough. Then again, AotCR doesn’t have those shotgun and [expletive redacted] rocket Flood.

I know what you mean. Rocket and shotgun Flood are on the level with Halo 2 jackal snipers, frustration-wise

That’s a good question and kind of hard to answer. The Ark and The Covenant from Halo 3 are pretty long, as are Infinity and Reclaimer from Halo 4.

Yeah I was going to say Two Betrayals, The Great Journey, or The Ark are pretty long. Maybe this should be broken down by game?

I’ll break it down by game based on my experiences:

• CE: Two Betrayals - easily one of the longest and most drawn out levels in the series imo. It can be a lot of fun to play, but it really just keeps going on and on for me. Maybe it’s just because Two Betrayals is the reverse of Assault on the Control Room, but going through it all again makes it feel longer. - H2: Gravemind - the heavy concentration of Brutes in this level makes it such a grind for me. There’s also a lot of repetitive combat spaces. It’s a challenging level, but it takes a long time to get through. - H3: The Ark - this level probably could have been broken up into two levels. The first half has you basically fighting your way all the way till the FUD arrives. Then you track back a bit and fight a scarab. THEN you make your way through a facility to a cartographer of sorts. THEN AGAIN you track back through the facility until Johnson picks you up. I love this level, but it is a long one. - ODST: Data Hive - while ODST generally has very short levels, this one took a while. More than likely this is because of the repetitiveness of the level in the beginning, but it just continues on for a long time. - Reach ---- Sad to say I haven’t played in a while, so I can’t provide a good answer to this one. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say Long Night of Solace simply because you have a long space battle before making your way through a Covenant ship. - H4: Shutdown - the Pelican flight time is quite long, and on higher difficulties can take forever to clear out all the enemy air units. And you have to do that twice before going into two long winded interior sections. - H5: The Breaking - haven’t played this in a while either, but the repetitiveness of this level does make it go on for a long time.The central theme here is repetitiveness. When the levels have a lot of repetitive segments, they feel like they go on for a long time.

Alliance halo 5 :wink:

> 2535435902217648;6:
> I’ll break it down by game based on my experiences:
> - CE: Two Betrayals - easily one of the longest and most drawn out levels in the series imo. It can be a lot of fun to play, but it really just keeps going on and on for me. Maybe it’s just because Two Betrayals is the reverse of Assault on the Control Room, but going through it all again makes it feel longer. - H2: Gravemind - the heavy concentration of Brutes in this level makes it such a grind for me. There’s also a lot of repetitive combat spaces. It’s a challenging level, but it takes a long time to get through. - H3: The Ark - this level probably could have been broken up into two levels. The first half has you basically fighting your way all the way till the FUD arrives. Then you track back a bit and fight a scarab. THEN you make your way through a facility to a cartographer of sorts. THEN AGAIN you track back through the facility until Johnson picks you up. I love this level, but it is a long one. - ODST: Data Hive - while ODST generally has very short levels, this one took a while. More than likely this is because of the repetitiveness of the level in the beginning, but it just continues on for a long time. - Reach ---- Sad to say I haven’t played in a while, so I can’t provide a good answer to this one. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say Long Night of Solace simply because you have a long space battle before making your way through a Covenant ship. - H4: Shutdown - the Pelican flight time is quite long, and on higher difficulties can take forever to clear out all the enemy air units. And you have to do that twice before going into two long winded interior sections. - H5: The Breaking - haven’t played this in a while either, but the repetitiveness of this level does make it go on for a long time.The central theme here is repetitiveness. When the levels have a lot of repetitive segments, they feel like they go on for a long time.

Great answers! It probably would be easier to break it down by level. The Covenant in Halo 3 felt so long to me, mostly because it took me forever to get into the first tower in legendary

> 2535461885974839;8:
> > 2535435902217648;6:
> > I’ll break it down by game based on my experiences:
> > - CE: Two Betrayals - easily one of the longest and most drawn out levels in the series imo. It can be a lot of fun to play, but it really just keeps going on and on for me. Maybe it’s just because Two Betrayals is the reverse of Assault on the Control Room, but going through it all again makes it feel longer. - H2: Gravemind - the heavy concentration of Brutes in this level makes it such a grind for me. There’s also a lot of repetitive combat spaces. It’s a challenging level, but it takes a long time to get through. - H3: The Ark - this level probably could have been broken up into two levels. The first half has you basically fighting your way all the way till the FUD arrives. Then you track back a bit and fight a scarab. THEN you make your way through a facility to a cartographer of sorts. THEN AGAIN you track back through the facility until Johnson picks you up. I love this level, but it is a long one. - ODST: Data Hive - while ODST generally has very short levels, this one took a while. More than likely this is because of the repetitiveness of the level in the beginning, but it just continues on for a long time. - Reach ---- Sad to say I haven’t played in a while, so I can’t provide a good answer to this one. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say Long Night of Solace simply because you have a long space battle before making your way through a Covenant ship. - H4: Shutdown - the Pelican flight time is quite long, and on higher difficulties can take forever to clear out all the enemy air units. And you have to do that twice before going into two long winded interior sections. - H5: The Breaking - haven’t played this in a while either, but the repetitiveness of this level does make it go on for a long time.The central theme here is repetitiveness. When the levels have a lot of repetitive segments, they feel like they go on for a long time.
>
> Great answers! It probably would be easier to break it down by level. The Covenant in Halo 3 felt so long to me, mostly because it took me forever to get into the first tower in legendary

That was my runner up for Halo 3, and it’s also my favorite level of all time. I absolutely love that game, but The Ark and The Covenant felt like they could have been broken up into maybe three levels given how much goes on in each level.

I’ve only played CE and Two Betrayals feels like the longest to me.

It’s hard to pin point for me. The early Halo’s had quite a few lengthy levels to get through. Two betrayals seem to stand out the most in my mind.

> 2535435902217648;6:
> I’ll break it down by game based on my experiences:
> - CE: Two Betrayals - easily one of the longest and most drawn out levels in the series imo. It can be a lot of fun to play, but it really just keeps going on and on for me. Maybe it’s just because Two Betrayals is the reverse of Assault on the Control Room, but going through it all again makes it feel longer. - H2: Gravemind - the heavy concentration of Brutes in this level makes it such a grind for me. There’s also a lot of repetitive combat spaces. It’s a challenging level, but it takes a long time to get through. - H3: The Ark - this level probably could have been broken up into two levels. The first half has you basically fighting your way all the way till the FUD arrives. Then you track back a bit and fight a scarab. THEN you make your way through a facility to a cartographer of sorts. THEN AGAIN you track back through the facility until Johnson picks you up. I love this level, but it is a long one. - ODST: Data Hive - while ODST generally has very short levels, this one took a while. More than likely this is because of the repetitiveness of the level in the beginning, but it just continues on for a long time. - Reach ---- Sad to say I haven’t played in a while, so I can’t provide a good answer to this one. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say Long Night of Solace simply because you have a long space battle before making your way through a Covenant ship. - H4: Shutdown - the Pelican flight time is quite long, and on higher difficulties can take forever to clear out all the enemy air units. And you have to do that twice before going into two long winded interior sections. - H5: The Breaking - haven’t played this in a while either, but the repetitiveness of this level does make it go on for a long time.The central theme here is repetitiveness. When the levels have a lot of repetitive segments, they feel like they go on for a long time.

Hey! Good hiding spots and gunplay can make Lone Wolf in Halo Reach last a VERY long time.

Longest in what sense? Playtime is probably the intuitive metric people think of, but it depends on who’s playing. Minimum playtime? With or without exiting the intended play area? If anything goes, then you can just look at which level has the longest speed run record (on any difficulty with any number of players). According to HaloRuns.com, that would be Coastal Highway from Halo 3: ODST by quite a large margin.

The question becomes significantly more complicated if you want to know which takes the most time if you restrict yourself to not taking advantage of any of the shortcuts the levels offer. In fact, what counts as a shortcut that wouldn’t be allowed is quite ambiguous. Everyone probably has a good intuitive idea that, for example, jumping off the first bridge on AotCR wouldn’t be allowed because it clearly wasn’t intended that way. But where’s the line drawn between that, and jumping off some easier/more obvious ledge?

For me it would be the library primarily because I hate that mission.That sense of not looking forward to it just makes me feel defeated.

> 2533274807802500;14:
> For me it would be the library primarily because I hate that mission.That sense of not looking forward to it just makes me feel defeated.

Come on it’s a funny mission haha

> 2533274841265539;2:
> In terms of the other games I’m not sure but Two Betrayals always feels longer than AotCR to me, even when doing a normal trickless playthrough. Then again, AotCR doesn’t have those shotgun and [expletive redacted] rocket Flood.

In terms of the physical level itself, Two Betrayals is much shorter. It has the Pulse Beam Generator rooms, but they’re quite minuscule considering what has been cut. There are several areas of Two Betrayals in which you no longer need to spend time travelling through. Keep in mind that the player isn’t intended to have Banshee on AotCR.
In AotCR, you have the first interior room and hallways segmented by a bridge into the next chamber, segmented by a second bridge into the next room, segmented by an elevator before another chamber and then finally a corridor to the snowy outside. This entire section is cut from Two Betrayals. Similarly, the two rooms separated by an elevator before entering the Ziggurat area (Control Tower exterior) are cut completely from Two Betrayals. The long tedious crawl up the Ziggurat from AotCR is replaced by a quick jump down in Two Betrayals, saving you even more travel time.
How long it takes you to engage in each combat encounter on Two Betrayals may be a different experience however. I’d say, check your recorded times on MCC to gain an idea.

> 2535415876049274;16:
> > 2533274841265539;2:
> > I’d say, check your recorded times on MCC to gain an idea.

That a good idea,I didn’t even think to do this. Time wise, it says Truth and Reconciliation took me the longest but since it’s such an insanely long amount of time, I think I might have left it on pause without realizing. After that , Assault on the Control Room is the longest amount of all the games on MCC for me

> 2535461885974839;1:
> I’ve been replaying CE and I when I got to Assault on the Control room, I started wondering if it was the longest level in all the main Halo games. Which one do you think is the longest?

Really depends on whether you mean the longest in terms of objective stats or the hardest as in which takes the longest.

> 2533274952087199;4:
> That’s a good question and kind of hard to answer. The Ark and The Covenant from Halo 3 are pretty long, as are Infinity and Reclaimer from Halo 4.

Infinite and Reclaimer almost feel like a chore. I didn’t exactly enjoy those levels.

> 2546678360738636;19:
> > 2533274952087199;4:
> > That’s a good question and kind of hard to answer. The Ark and The Covenant from Halo 3 are pretty long, as are Infinity and Reclaimer from Halo 4.
>
> Infinite and Reclaimer almost feel like a chore. I didn’t exactly enjoy those levels.

What about them didn’t you like? That they were too long?