Longest custom game kill - top mine! =D

Playing around on Forge Island, I was able to get my friend with the gauss at 1957m, or 1.22 miles if that’s your thing. Crazy long; it was out of range of the binary rifle!

We’re pretty sure we were on the boundaries of the super awesome forging map of awesome. Maybe you can do better? Report in when you do!

I went from the top corner to the opposite bottom corner.

4470 meters or 2.77753 Miles

my stats
Quite possibly the first person in the world to top 4000 meters. World record books here I come.

So challenge accepted and doubled, You’re welcome world.

Anyone got a decent casually-achieved long range kill? One that wasn’t achieved through actually trying for the longest distance?

> Anyone got a decent casually-achieved long range kill? One that wasn’t achieved through actually trying for the longest distance?

Mine is 226 meters (On a side note) My best kill range in BF3 was over 780 meters

> Anyone got a decent casually-achieved long range kill? One that wasn’t achieved through actually trying for the longest distance?

Haha, my matchmaking one is still at 195 meters. I just attempted the previous 4470m just to test the limits, also I think I might be able to squeeze out another meter or 2.

My matchmaking best is 271 meters (if I read the service record right). I wouldn’t be surprised if you could set the aim and have your target walk into the kill zone and out of the map barriers for some distance increase.

where do you find these stats?

> where do you find these stats?

go to your halo 4 stats page. should be the very top of the halo site (has the number 4 on it. Then once inside on the left side menu select war games custom. Then go to the right and select “bests” and there it will say longest kill distance.

New record 4487 meters!!!

> New record 4487 meters!!!

Nope. The record is held by anyone who finished Pillar of Autumn in Reach.

Nice, guys, nice! Yea, my friend and I made towers in the top corners before we thought of doing bottom and top. Did you use the gauss or were you able to get anything else to work?

gauss, I couldn’t get anything else to work.

I kept refining my forge island map to where I’ve maxed it out at 4488 meters which equals out to 2.78871 miles. I’ve saved the map and a gametype in my fileshare if anyone else would like to use it to impress their friends by having an awesome custom games kill distance, or possibly refine it and beat my record. You need to use the gauss hog to shoot that far and red spawns at the gauss hog (lower corner of map) and blue spawns at the top opposite corner where he will meet his fate. It takes quite a few shots to get it but eventually you will hit your target.
Good luck and feel free to check my waypoint stats if you have any doubts.

Map
Longest Kill Distance Map

Gametype
Longest Kill Distance Gametype

> > New record 4487 meters!!!
>
> Nope. The record is held by anyone who finished Pillar of Autumn in Reach.

Just off the top you sound like a poor loser. But I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and explain why you said this.

If his 4487 meters is the longest kill distance, why do you disqualify it?