Long Range Sniping in Halo 4

So far, in every Halo game, we have used a beast of a sniper rifle, a 14.5mm caliber beast.

But, besides, sniping across Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Valhalla/Hemorrhage, the sniping has been very close range.

Now, would you like longer range sniper fights in Halo 4? Sniper vs you besides easily picking off Grunts in Halo CE, 2 and 3? (In Reach I saw that they hid after a few of their comrades were sniped, good enemy AI Bungie).

There are so very powerful sniper rifles in the UNSC arsenal, including to my knowledge one in Contact Harvest which was a MAC sniper? I cannot confirm, but is basically long range.

This would be Campaign only, where say the Chief snipes enemies 400 metres away as opposed to 100 metres in Reach and ODST, 75 metres in 2 and 3 and only 50 metres in the TaR mission in Halo CE.

Don’t take the examples and figures to heart, just the idea at hand.

I definitely agree! The sniper was made for long-range combat, therefore there should be more long-range combat with it!

The maps are somewhat limited though. Halo isn’t the the game to allow 500+ metres for some sniping leniency…

I guess if a mission was directly catered towards sniping, they would. But in general, not really.

> The maps are somewhat limited though. Halo isn’t the the game to allow 500+ metres for some sniping leniency…
>
> I guess if a mission was directly catered towards sniping, they would. But in general, not really.

Yeah, all projectiles fade after so many meters, which is why you can’t hit people with a DMR at the same range as the sniper rifle’s max. Tho it would be nice if 343i removes that limitation from Halo, it’d make things fun.

I support this idea. It would definitely change things up multiplayer wise quite a bit. And even if it is not reasonable in multiplayer i agree it should still be used in campaign! Because that would be awsome.

yeah, like in that early Halo CE trailer!

what was it? Halo 1999? or Halo 2000?

sounds like fun

Obviously you don’t know the difference between Snipers, Marksman and Sharpshooter. The reason the sniping is the way it is now is because you are a sharpshooter. Sharpshooters are people that can pull off quick insane shots. Marksman ,however, are the kind of snipers you’re talking about. Marksman take out enimies from long distances. But yeah I knind of agree with you that this should be implemented in the campaign. I like my sniping the way it is in multiplayer. but it could be put in multiplayer in games like BTB and invasion.

> <mark>Obviously you don’t know the difference between Snipers, Marksman and Sharpshooter</mark>. The reason the sniping is the way it is now is because you are a sharpshooter. Sharpshooters are people that can pull off quick insane shots. Marksman ,however, are the kind of snipers you’re talking about. Marksman take out enimies from long distances. But yeah I knind of agree with you that this should be implemented in the campaign. I like my sniping the way it is in multiplayer. but it could be put in multiplayer in games like BTB and invasion.

Sigh, the SRS99C-S2 AMB Sniper Rifle is an anti material long range weapon, a variant of which Sgt Johnson used on Harvest.

It is the modern day equiv of the Barret M82, used for very long range engagements.

Not only is this post annoying, but it ignores the fact that weapons can be created or scenarios made for short range and long range engagements, what I am asking for is firefights at longer ranges.

Ok please ignore my last post. I completely agree withyou now. I misread your OP.Uing that MAC sniper in the campaign o take out an enemy troop and supply caravan from a mile away would be sick.

> Ok please ignore my last post. I completely agree withyou now. I misread your OP.Uing that MAC sniper in the campaign o take out an enemy troop and supply caravan from a mile away would be sick.

Thanks for the feedback!

:smiley:

I know it’s not part of the Halo formula, but I would really LOVE a Bolt-action Sniper!

In any game I have played, I have always preferred the Bolt to the semi-auto. It’s just how I am, and would love it if Halo did a version of it. From Medal of Honour, to Battlefield. From the shores of Normandy, to the Streets of America, the Bolt has been my choice.

Just a stupid idea, I know. Just wanted to put it out there.

I love this idea, but only for the campaign.

I would like to see some long range sniper battles in the campaign

It’s a negotiated off-internet topic among me and a few others in the Halo community what ideas could be floated around to modify certain elements between firefight, multiplayer, and campaign just for ideas and one of those was the idea of a sniper challenge. Idea? Opens loose a large then life map. Maybe 3/4 - full forge world and have various “targets” for players to open fire on. Whoever gets the most kills, gets the win. Another thing I REALLY like is what battlefield did with its snipers. Over-distance calculation. That if your target is 410 meters and your rifle only shoots straight for 300, how high and what angle do you need to calculate in to hit the target in the head? Ideally, I’d like to see this occur on a small scale. It will REALLY make any gamer focus on what they are doing.

Other ideas include a firefight mid-short-long firing line type. To hit the targets popping up on Halo 3’s the Pit in all the appointed “o” spots before moving on. Fastest time gets the win.

Ultimately, I’d like to see more diversity in the gaming community, but the way people responded to the amount of detail, timing, and precision with Halo: Reach that I personally loved, I highly doubt this will ever see the light of day within the next decade. It’s a shame, but hey, what can you do right?

> Ok please ignore my last post. I completely agree withyou now. I misread your OP.Uing that MAC sniper in the campaign o take out an enemy troop and supply caravan from a mile away would be sick.

Your last post was wrong aswel xD

Everyone who is saying they wan’t this cant no scope or quick scope lawl.

Cool story, bro.

Not only could you be more wrong, you’re either 12 or limited.

> Everyone who is saying they wan’t this cant no scope or quick scope lawl.

That’s exactly it.

> Everyone who is saying they wan’t this cant no scope or quick scope lawl.

so what? half the fun of sniping (like on Hemmorage/BG/Coag) is being able to kill your enemy without them even knowing youre there.

“lladde da… im just holding down the fort here at my base.” :slight_smile:

whshh

drops dead