Long maintenance (Should be working now INFO)

This is going on for almost a day 2 days now. I would like to be able to get my custom challenges started and done or accept ones that are given to me but every time i go to any major stats or challenge page that is all i see.

Is this going to end?

> The stats servers are undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.

IT IS KNOWN AND UPDATED INFO IS BELOW

Update: 8/27

> <mark>They are aware of the problem and are now working to address it. I’ll let u know as soon as I know an ETA on resolution. Thanks.</mark>

@halowaypoint:

> <mark>We’re working on it now and expect to have everything back up and going soon.</mark>

> <mark>No ETA, but we’re expecting today. We’ll let you know when we have an update. :)</mark>

> > > any chance of extending the custom challenge weekend cause of the problem this weekend?
> >
> > Typically we implement a new Custom Challenge of the week on Wednesdays. I was thinking we’d continue that schedule, unless people want more time with the current one (which features skulls). Thoughts?
>
> If possible i was thinking about having 2 but if its not possible then we could have a quadruple multiplier for this next session to compensate for the loss of time doing the campaign skulls one.
>
> If its possible to do a quad multiplier.

> I’m not sure if that’s possible. I’ll chat with the team that manages the Challenges and see what they recommend. Thanks for the suggestion!

https://twitter.com/HaloWaypoint/statuses/240180719694000129

> <mark>@HaloWaypoint: We are continuing to conduct maintenance on the website. We’ll provide an ETA on completion when we have one. #ThankYouForYourPatience</mark>

> <mark>While we’re still conducting maintenance, all features should be fully functional again. Let us know if that’s not the case, please.</mark>

ATTN MONITOR’S
Please link them to this thread. I will update this thread when i get info or if i see any change.

Same here its starting to get annoying

I would expect this up to the release of Halo 4. Theres gonna be a huge amount of updates and improvements then.

> I would expect this up to the release of Halo 4. Theres gonna be a huge amount of updates and improvements then.

It’s maintenance, not a complete redesign.

Besides, the redesign is done behind the scenes, there is no reason for them to take the Custom Challenges offline for three months.

I Just wanna know how much longer it will be

Some of these Maintenances take a lot of Time. The team is probably undergoing a lot of work right now, specially with the preparatives for PAX. So probably a small amount of the employees are working on it, hence the delay.

Just be patient. :wink:

i agree this is getting annoying. In terms of acceptable down time, they have already passed the limit considering we haven’t had any message from the administration as to a warning or even a ETR.

Hopefully its finished by tomorrow. Maybe even today.

I hope they fix the slowness this site gets when trying to make a custom challenge and fix the darn search bar.

> Some of these Maintenances take a lot of Time. The team is probably undergoing a lot of work right now, specially with the preparatives for PAX. So probably a small amount of the employees are working on it, hence the delay.
>
> Just be patient. :wink:

patience ended after the first 12 hours of waiting.

> > Some of these Maintenances take a lot of Time. The team is probably undergoing a lot of work right now, specially with the preparatives for PAX. So probably a small amount of the employees are working on it, hence the delay.
> >
> > Just be patient. :wink:
>
> patience ended after the first 12 hours of waiting.

As i’ve stated, considering that we were not warned about this, the time limit of us being patient before the issue is corrected has come and gone. If it continues till more than 24 hours it’s Ridiculous.

Yea it kind of sucks, but what can you do. If its under maintenance, just deal with it. Its gotta be done like it or not.

Its funny, Little Moa, that you mentioned about the custom challenge section. I was about to ask.

> Yea it kind of sucks, but what can you do. If its under maintenance, just deal with it. Its gotta be done like it or not.
>
> Its funny, Little Moa, that you mentioned about the custom challenge section. I was about to ask.

Yeah, but here’s the thing, we can still access regular challenges in Reach… and see All challenges in Halo Waypoint via the Xbox 360. So it’s Just the site…Odd…No???

How longs it been down? I’ve been hitting the cap everyday for like 2 weeks. Today looks like the day I won’t hit it :\

Unless it gets fixed in the next 30 minutes.

I like how they advertise trying the campaign custom challenge and then we can’t do it because they apparently go under maintenance the whole weekend.

I absolutely agree that a warning of this down time sure would have shown the fans that 343 cares about us enough to give us a heads up. Even a ball park guess as to when it may have been finished is much better getting NO INFORMATION AT ALL. It seems unprofessional to me. (If i missed an announcement, my bad)

And i share a similar hope with unheardcarnage that they do something about how slow this site is when using the custom challenges page. It’s not like halo reach is a small time video game. I would expect professional services and support on all ends. Maybe my expectations are too high, but the waypoint webpage is consistently, considerably slower than most other pages I visit. Very frustrating for halo fans, but after we’ve pumped a lot of $$$$ into Halo products I don’t think a fast and relatively glitch-free web site is expecting too much.

This is not improvements or any work regarding behind the scenes functionality, this isn’t the way MS platform release process goes, any promotion of a new site/app will only be released to live when the live date comes and does not require downtime.

By the time the app/site hits its regression environment, it will be a fully working model, yes bugs my still be present but you cannot get out of QA with and app/site that doesn’t work.

Unless they are using cherry-pick deployments, which i doubt, as they can be rolled back in seconds.

Microsoft write the best practice on things like this, they give us the tools like TFS2012, db projects merged with web projects.

This shouldn’t happen, it has to be hardware related, failure of a machine in a cluster or off-site media (CDN) or even network issue in the DMZ causing net scaling to go -Yoinked!-.

Given how long it has been down, it could be two things, hardware, or a warehouse has hit critical failure, typically the warehouse may take 24hours+ to restore from back-up on even the fastest fibre-channeled machines.

Would love to know for sure! Worked in business intelligence building datawarehouses and release management for around 7 years now, all using MS best practice and tools, something has to be catastrophic! lol

And also, with this maintenance my halotracker stats messed up randomly, especially my divisions.

The sooner the better i sometimes come on this before i go on xbox to check out the challenges and i cant view them atm which is rather annoying

it also doesn’t help that the daily challenges are boring as hell today -_-