Lone Wolves VS Full Company

Sometimes, I love to just jump on halo and have fun! But sometimes, not all of my friends are online to join me. So since this is such a competative game its pointless playing arena, so i decide to jump into war zone instead. Its a great start, then here come the delta-echo l33t company. Ok fair enough so they have good communication between then that gives them an advantage, but i’ll just play defence for a while since my team has no offence co-ordination because WE ARE ALL RANDOMS.

The issue is, there needs to be some form of decen’t matchmaking search system in place. In Halo 3, as you searched it would try pair up a team size which matches your own. This makes it fair so each team are known to communicate AND also makes for great intense gameplay making it a lot of fun! instead of … oh i don’t know, farming for 10 minutes?

If someone joins in a group with 4 or less people they shouldn’t EVER be paired against a group which has anymore than than matched together.

Would anybody support pushing this to 343i so we can get fair balanced matchmaking?

EDIT 1: I know a lot of your are going to say “play campaign then”, “play forge then”, “play social slayer then”, “Leave Halo”. If a games mechanics forces you NOT to play a game mode because of its bad balance, then it straight up fails. The game should be enjoyable for everyone at any time. Fair enough in arena where it clearly states its best to play in a team because Duh. But in a social playlist they need to take so much more care to these kinds of players.

EDIT 2: also to add, i’m no speaking about player skill, this is a social playlist after all but there are still ways you can make it fair fo players who just wish to enjoy the game!

> 2533274832649822;1:
> Sometimes, I love to just jump on halo and have fun! But sometimes, not all of my friends are online to join me. So since this is such a competative game its pointless playing arena, so i decide to jump into war zone instead. Its a great start, then here come the delta-echo l33t company. Ok fair enough so they have good communication between then that gives them an advantage, but i’ll just play defence for a while since my team has no offence co-ordination because WE ARE ALL RANDOMS.
>
> The issue is, there needs to be some form of decen’t matchmaking search system in place. In Halo 3, as you searched it would try pair up a team size which matches your own. This makes it fair so each team are known to communicate AND also makes for great intense gameplay making it a lot of fun! instead of … oh i don’t know, farming for 10 minutes?
>
> If someone joins in a group with 4 or less people they shouldn’t EVER be paired against a group which has anymore than than matched together.
>
> Would anybody support pushing this to 343i so we can get fair balanced matchmaking?
>
> Plus: I know a lot of your are going to say “play campaign then”, “play forge then”, “play social slayer then”, “Leave Halo”. If a games mechanics forces you NOT to play a game mode because of its bad balance, then it straight up fails. The game should be enjoyable for everyone at any time. Fair enough in arena where it clearly states its best to play in a team because Duh. But in a social playlist they need to take so much more care to these kinds of players.

Don’t worry, I support this.

Pairing Fireteams against other Fireteams of similar size seems fair. That might stop the farming issues everyone is complaining about. This could be a viable solution, but I have no idea how all of that stuff works; however, if it slows down matchmaking too much I can see them ignoring this and placing a fireteam against randoms anyways.

This has been suggested a lot, but honestly thats the gamble you take when you play social games, you can be bronze rank and want to play social slayer to relax but instead of being paired with other bronze players now you can be paired with champion players oh joy, same with warzone you want to just jump in and have fun but you can go against people like iSpiteful or Lethul (speaking from experience) in a game.

Some solutions though

Play campaign then, play forge then, play social slayer then, leave Halo

> 2535405450804460;4:
> This has been suggested a lot, but honestly thats the gamble you take when you play social games, you can be bronze rank and want to play social slayer to relax but instead of being paired with other bronze players now you can be paired with champion players oh joy, same with warzone you want to just jump in and have fun but you can go against people like iSpiteful or Lethul (speaking from experience) in a game.
>
> Some solutions though
> Play campaign then, play forge then, play social slayer then, leave Halo

Of course, and i’m not complaining about other players skill, If another team is a far better shot, and think their stratagy through then thats awesome! and i’ll accept defeat. But when you can see your own team kind of all over the placed and the entire enermy team marching on your … its questionable!

Can any of you guys think of a way they can fix this fairly? I feel if we send ideas rather than just complain they may see potential and fix it?

> 2533274832649822;5:
> > 2535405450804460;4:
> > This has been suggested a lot, but honestly thats the gamble you take when you play social games, you can be bronze rank and want to play social slayer to relax but instead of being paired with other bronze players now you can be paired with champion players oh joy, same with warzone you want to just jump in and have fun but you can go against people like iSpiteful or Lethul (speaking from experience) in a game.
> >
> > Some solutions though
> > Play campaign then, play forge then, play social slayer then, leave Halo
>
>
> Of course, and i’m not complaining about other players skill, If another team is a far better shot, and think their stratagy through then thats awesome! and i’ll accept defeat. But when you can see your own team kind of all over the placed and the entire enermy team marching on your … its questionable!
>
> Can any of you guys think of a way they can fix this fairly? I feel if we send ideas rather than just complain they may see potential and fix it?

Originally the solution was people used mics but now it seems like just the people who either are yelling at someone else, has their mic inside their lungs, speakers, or the people who have the “awesome” music playing are the only ones using mics outside of parties

> 2535405450804460;4:
> This has been suggested a lot, but honestly thats the gamble you take when you play social games, you can be bronze rank and want to play social slayer to relax but instead of being paired with other bronze players now you can be paired with champion players oh joy, same with warzone you want to just jump in and have fun but you can go against people like iSpiteful or Lethul (speaking from experience) in a game.
>
> Some solutions though
> Play campaign then, play forge then, play social slayer then, leave Halo

I had to play like 5 warzones in a row against lethuls full party of fanboys.
I went into his chat and legit asked him “is it fun to just look at spawns in warzone for 5 minutes”.

As he was answering my question i dropped in in a br battle.
GG my team lost but I won. He’s a scrub.

Pair parties against parties. It’ll actually probably make more fun and thoughtful matches instead of just auto pilot spawn camping.
People would actually think about a side to enter the map or a req to spawn if they actually want to beat the other party, instead of just standing on roofs aiming down at spawns.

> 2533274961306591;3:
> Pairing Fireteams against other Fireteams of similar size seems fair. That might stop the farming issues everyone is complaining about. This could be a viable solution, but I have no idea how all of that stuff works; however, if it slows down matchmaking too much I can see them ignoring this and placing a fireteam against randoms anyways.

YES OF COURSE! The reason farming occurs is because the defending team is incapable of fighting back stratigicly, just like Halo 3 in BTB where you would 80% of the time Vs another team of 8! It makes it more intense no one can camp because the callouts are always happening and it makes it so much more fun! There should be a rule that teams less than 4 will never go against groups higher? I mean we can’t please every game! Like if it was 4+4+4 against 3+2+5+2 Then thats some what reasonable right?

I’m just asking for something ANYTHING to be put in place to help influence team selection. as I said in my last comment I’m not speaking about skill here simply team communication

I like the solution and I’m with you, the matchmaking should match teams agains other teams.

I’ve never played with a team and always lone wolved it all the time, with clan integration it would be nice to play with them with out having to add them

It’s just plain luck most of the time. One time I was on a team that got simply squashed in Warzone (1000 to 94), 9:30 minutes of total slaughter, But then again most of the team I was paired with bailed out leaving only six of us against their twelve. Seems fair odds to me, 6 against 12.

> 2533274820862397;11:
> It’s just plain luck most of the time. One time I was on a team that got simply squashed in Warzone (1000 to 94), 9:30 minutes of total slaughter, But then again most of the team I was paired with bailed out leaving only six of us against their twelve. Seems fair odds to me, 6 against 12.

Of course, I mean i’v just won a game just then however i feel like its due to the fact the other team where all just random and my team all seemed to be pushing together? IT is luck and sometimes its nice but it would be nice of there was some way to re-enforce the matchmaking mechanic :slight_smile:

How do we know that something like this isn’t already in effect? I’ve noticed that when I play solo, the enemy team is generally as disorganized as mine. When I play with a group, the enemy team is generally way more organized than mine. I win a lot more games solo than with my friends.

> 2533274832649822;12:
> > 2533274820862397;11:
> > It’s just plain luck most of the time. One time I was on a team that got simply squashed in Warzone (1000 to 94), 9:30 minutes of total slaughter, But then again most of the team I was paired with bailed out leaving only six of us against their twelve. Seems fair odds to me, 6 against 12.
>
>
> Of course, I mean i’v just won a game just then however i feel like its due to the fact the other team where all just random and my team all seemed to be pushing together? IT is luck and sometimes its nice but it would be nice of there was some way to re-enforce the matchmaking mechanic :slight_smile:

I drives me insane is when you kick off a session in Warzone Assault and they start off by saying you only have 30 or 58 seconds left to capture the garage or something. Yeah like that’s going to happen. But at least of the match making AI or whatever it is tried to make it even on head count it would be fair. On the flip side I’m wondering if they do that then would we be asking for delays, etc. Heck, we’re lucky the Reqs system is working ok at least most of the time.

You lost me when you said you couldn’t play arena cause you didn’t have a team. Playing solo gives you the chance to be a god among men. Step up my friend. The feeling you get after carrying a team of scrubs to sweet victory is unlike any other.

> 2533274886531207;15:
> You lost me when you said you couldn’t play arena cause you didn’t have a team. Playing solo gives you the chance to be a god among men. Step up my friend. The feeling you get after carrying a team of scrubs to sweet victory is unlike any other.

Admittedly it’s blast being thrown in to an ongoing battle and you team is down where you can make a difference. Being down with a near full team gives you a shot at turning it around given time. Sometimes you can take the other team by surprise and take out a number of them. Some times a team will pull back a bit if they are ahead like 250 to 500 not realizing if you can luck out and take down Warden eternal (1st appearance) and a few other bosses, you’ll be right on their rear bumper by the time Warden eternal appears a 2nd time.

> 2533274866989456;13:
> How do we know that something like this isn’t already in effect? I’ve noticed that when I play solo, the enemy team is generally as disorganized as mine. When I play with a group, the enemy team is generally way more organized than mine. I win a lot more games solo than with my friends.

Just look at my past history. I played for a while last night. I played first solo, and I did pretty well (I won 9 games, lost 6). Then my friends got on we lost 8 and won only 1.

> 2533274886531207;15:
> You lost me when you said you couldn’t play arena cause you didn’t have a team. Playing solo gives you the chance to be a god among men. Step up my friend. The feeling you get after carrying a team of scrubs to sweet victory is unlike any other.

I’m a full time student, with 4 jobs on the go. I Have to be a “God” In other places i’m afraid. No time to practice and be any good?

> 2533274866989456;13:
> How do we know that something like this isn’t already in effect? I’ve noticed that when I play solo, the enemy team is generally as disorganized as mine. When I play with a group, the enemy team is generally way more organized than mine. I win a lot more games solo than with my friends.

Then you must be really good at the game and rather lucky to be partnered with them! But this is an ongoing issue for myself, i’m simply asking if i;m not the only one. THanks for you feedback

> 2533274832649822;18:
> > 2533274886531207;15:
> > You lost me when you said you couldn’t play arena cause you didn’t have a team. Playing solo gives you the chance to be a god among men. Step up my friend. The feeling you get after carrying a team of scrubs to sweet victory is unlike any other.
>
>
> I’m a full time student, with 4 jobs on the go. I Have to be a “God” In other places i’m afraid. No time to practice and be any good?

So you’re saying you should be given a rank higher than yours due to real life difficulties?